Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
donovank730

TCA CROSS

Well i started today with my journey of using tca to treat my scars i have been unhappy with. I ordered what is said to be 100% tca from mytcapeel.com but i believe it is just a high percentage of tca and not 100%tca after speaking with someone who works there. I used a toothpick as directed and the scars frosted after about 10 seconds. You could almost see the skin being eatin away which is scary when it is your skin but after reading almost everything i could on the wed about this treatment i decided that i might be worth a shot so. Now the large pock marks look almost bigger then before and the other just look red. I applied neosporin to the affected areas and now i am just going to wait and see. I will keep you all posted on my progress and possibly ad photos. Anything to help us in our battle against these ego damaging marks

Edited by donovank730

well so far the two scars that were largest, big pock marks- the ones that frosted the most looked larger and more noticable today but this is expected from what i have heard about this treatment, and the rest just look a bit red and irritated today. No remarkable scabbing but it seems those may not come until the second day. I will try and get some pictures up today so you can get a refrence point form the beginning of this treatment for when it progresses.

fourth day and the big pock sracs look much mor noticable and deeper but i hear this is normal. I hope so atleaset. Can anyone confirm this from there experiences?

well lately it seems like the scars are the same or a little worse but from what i hear this is typical untill about the 3rd week and its only been close to a week and a half. Also for those wondering the scar removal kit from mytcapeel, or ezpeel.com is really weak. It says 100% tca on the website but there on b.s and i let like half the bottle evap on a dish and it has evaporated alot and is still a liquid which lets me know it was mostly water but what are you going to do. So just an update if peole could let me know if they have done this treatment and the reuslts they recied that would be great

Edited by donovank730

well lately it seems like the scars are the same or a little worse but from what i hear this is typical untill about the 3rd week and its only been close to a week and a half. Also for those wondering the scar removal kit from mytcapeel, or ezpeel.com is really weak. It says 100% tca on the website but there on b.s and i let like half the bottle evap on a dish and it has evaporated alot and is still a liquid which lets me know it was mostly water but what are you going to do. So just an update if peole could let me know if they have done this treatment and the reuslts they recied that would be great

I am almost on 3 weeks of having done TCA CROSS on 2 ice picks... 8 days since the scab came off. Still very red and look worse than what they really are from far away.

Heyy

I hope you are using a moisturizer with at least an spf of 15. That can be very helpful in keeping the sun from damaging the newly forming skin and getting the results you want.

Don, I'd buy a new TCA solution from somewhere else. I really hope you end up getting good results!

Cart, do you think TCA CROSS takes skill to use? I mean some people make their scars worse, some people eventually learn how to use it. Is it worth getting a professional to do it for you?

ok well just an update, the scars have started filling in but to be honest i think the tca i did my cross with was not very potent. I purchased the tca from ezpeel.com and it was at most 50%. I set it out on a plate to evaporate and more that 75 percent of it evaporated leaving a much stronger acedic smelling solution. Im not sure of the purity of this solution but i do know that it is much stronger than it was previously. It is my understanding that 100%tca does not normaly come in a liquid solution for some reason? Does anyone know exactly what the perportions of tca to water need to be inorder to have a 100% solution? So any way i do not expect as much results from this first "cross" as i hope from the others. When it healed the scars did not so much scab as they did peel a clear layer of skin leaving me to believe that the purity of the tca was at more of a peel strength the anything else. So i will be doing another cross in 2 weeks time and i will keep you updated on how things are looking.

Please feel free to leave any information you think might be relevant to anything i wrote here

Hi

I am new to the site and want some advice on this topic.

Can you explain the idiots guide to doing a cross and please advise me as to who sells the best (purest) TCA. Currently using perfectpeelsolutions but their 25% & 30% doesnt even sting after like 3 layers. Not like my professional 15% peel did.

I think i been doing it wrong too lol.

I only got about 6/7 scars i want to get rid of, 2/3 ice pick, one box and rest rolling scars.

Thanks

Craig

OK well this is my second time doing the cross and it is much more intensly white this time, I have a much stronger tca so it has frosted fo about 30 minutes and stings quite a bit but does not hurt. I must admit this is scaring me much more then the first time. It seems completly ludacris to put acid on your face but there is medical research behind this. But damn it is unnerving. I will update tomorrow with pictures