Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BetterVersionOfMe

Danielle's Journey through this process

Hi Everyone!!!

I am new here....at least to posting. I have been browsing on this forum for a long time following other people's Accutane journey.

I am going to try and log my side effects, and hopefully my journey to perfectly clear skin :pray:

I have a derm appt tomorrow where I should be getting my prescription filled. So hopefully Friday will be DAY 1! :dance:

Well, I hope to meet some of you and look forward to going through this looong process together!

post-116880-1258608452_thumb.jpg

Edited by BetterVersionOfMe

wow im jealous of your skin already! Mine is way worse because I have many many scars before starting accutane and large cysts. Your's doesn't seem bad at all. Your skin should be perfect once your done!

Aww, thanks! I am not sure what is scarring and what is stuff underneath the surface.... :question:

I hope it turns out ok, I already have REALLY dry skin so I am sure I'm going to be crusty throughout this experience.

But good news!! Today was officially DAY 1! I went in and he called in the script for 40mg once daily for month 1. So I went and picked it up and got home and popped a pill with dinner.

Does it make a difference if you pop your pill in the AM or in the PM? I only seem to eat about once a day and that's at night. Also, I don't eat very fatty foods very often. Like tonight all I had was Top Ramen :shrug: Will that affect the absorption?

Aww, thanks! I am not sure what is scarring and what is stuff underneath the surface.... :question:

I hope it turns out ok, I already have REALLY dry skin so I am sure I'm going to be crusty throughout this experience.

But good news!! Today was officially DAY 1! I went in and he called in the script for 40mg once daily for month 1. So I went and picked it up and got home and popped a pill with dinner.

Does it make a difference if you pop your pill in the AM or in the PM? I only seem to eat about once a day and that's at night. Also, I don't eat very fatty foods very often. Like tonight all I had was Top Ramen :shrug: Will that affect the absorption?

Hey Danielle- I just started on the same exact dose yesterday! Personally I take my pill at the same time everyday (with dinner) and I take the pill with a tablespoon or 2 of coconut oil. Accutane needs fat to be absorbed so a fatty meal, a glass of milk, cheese, any "healthy" oil will work. I have also heard that it's great to take it with some omegas (3,6,9). I don't eat red meat or dairy and all my meals are really healthy so I use straight coconut oil. Good luck!

Edited by curlyq

Hmmm..... I never thought about that. That's a good idea though! Kinda icky, isn't it??? I guess you gotta do what you gotta do!

So I guess we are going through this together, huh? Same start day and everything! This is your 2nd round of Tane? What happened on your first go with it?