Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AnnieC

Dermajuv Acne Scar Removal System

Hi everyone,

I am researching different treatments for acne scars, because I am looking for a product that will help heal/fade the scars from the acne on my back and chest areas. I was wondering if any of you have heard about or, better yet, have actually used an acne scar treatment product called the "Dermajuv Acne Scar Removal System." I've read a couple great online reviews about it, but I was hoping that some of you might know something about this product personally?

Any thoughts you have would be great!

Thanks!

I was googling this product too, and found your post. I have started using this acne scar removal product, and it so far has really made a difference in the color of my scars.. i suffer from like a dark bruising color, on top of the texture of my acne scars. The discoloration has really gotten better, and i THINK the texture is improving too. Not sure if its just my mind playing tricks on me, because i'm hoping for the texture to get better, but I think it is.. So, I can personally attest to the fact that it really does help the discoloration, and I THINK i can say that it helps the texture too... I'm only using this for like 4 weeks now, but that's my two cents.

Oh, and I was worried that it might make me have another acne breakout, but so far, so good... nothing to speak of.

Thanks. :)

Hi Cliffside,

I was curious how things are going with the use of the Dermajuv Acne Scar system. I been reading about this product on the web, but before I invest $90 on it I'd like to know if your results have improved from this entry in November. Thanks much!

I was googling this product too, and found your post. I have started using this acne scar removal product, and it so far has really made a difference in the color of my scars.. i suffer from like a dark bruising color, on top of the texture of my acne scars. The discoloration has really gotten better, and i THINK the texture is improving too. Not sure if its just my mind playing tricks on me, because i'm hoping for the texture to get better, but I think it is.. So, I can personally attest to the fact that it really does help the discoloration, and I THINK i can say that it helps the texture too... I'm only using this for like 4 weeks now, but that's my two cents.

Oh, and I was worried that it might make me have another acne breakout, but so far, so good... nothing to speak of.

Hi Cliffside,

I was curious how things are going with the use of the Dermajuv Acne Scar system. I been reading about this product on the web, but before I invest $90 on it I'd like to know if your results have improved from this entry in November. Thanks much!

heya, i was pretty curious about this so i did a roam on the internet. the product does have a nice website, however i stumbled over a number of negative reviews from posters over at essentialdayspa. They say its all been a bit useless for them.

Ive attached the link below.

Instead, Matrixyl 3000 is mentioned and seems like a cool product tho. im tempted to try it and im curious if anyone else has used it for pitted acne scarring.

I just took a look at the link you posted and they are discussing Dermajuv's 3 tep wrinkle cream, not the acne scar treatment. I'm still looking for input on how their acne scar treatment with reservatrol works.

thanks much!

I'd say if their wrinkle treatment system is getting negative reviews, I would not feel inclined to try their acne scar treatment system. I did check their site, including the before and after photos. It feels hocus pocus to me.

I have alwys been of the understanding that no topical works for depressed scars, as it cannot penetrate the fatty subcutaneous layer to remodel the skin.

Edited by ylem

Update:

Here's another link to another site which discusses Collaxyl, a trademarked main active ingredient contained in the Dermajuv system from France. Basically, a user posted about trying this on their shallow acne scars with no improvement:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/collaxyl-cream-t253255.html

Darn, save your money for the invasive stuff :( We know acne scars are permanent when they are coming up with scams, just like the scams that claim to add inches to your adult height!

Edited by ylem

I'd say if their wrinkle treatment system is getting negative reviews, I would not feel inclined to try their acne scar treatment system. I did check their site, including the before and after photos. It feels hocus pocus to me.

I have alwys been of the understanding that no topical works for depressed scars, as it cannot penetrate the fatty subcutaneous layer to remodel the skin.

haha, maybe matey. its definitely an overpriced cream and whether it can resolve any problems remains to be seen. if people are happy to test it out though its always good to go for it. i think the most important ingredient here seems to be the matrixyl which can be purchased in higher percentages and larger quantities for smaller prices elsewhere.

the photos of the improvements are typical of the improvements commonly seen with matrixyl and has made it one of the most important anti wrinkle ingredients around. it is able to tell the body to produce more collagen to whereever it is applied and over a period of time is able to reduce any depressions in the skin caused by a loss of collagen. i think it tells the body to produce up to 4 varying types of collagen which is kinda cool. ive been reading up on it and the many of the creams its been put in and heaps of people seem to be seeing results using it. you can see these when you do a search under google images - though they are mostly a reduction in wrinkles around the eyes. in theory matrixyl would work on depressed scars (some people have seen results) so ive purchased some and will give it a go when it arrives.

Are you saying the Matrixyl 3000 is in the Dermajuv? The site says Collaxyl? Is Collaxyl similar to this? The other user was using Dermajuv and didn;t see any results after two months?? Where did u find thos images? Can you post a link? I still don;t feel like I would get good results on my REALLY OLD depressed scars. Everything I read says it all helps with wound healing and preveting scar formation./ Besides, you really have to be skeptical about before and after photos with acne scars. Lighting makes a HUGE difference. There was a study done with photos about this topic by user OURSFAN back in 2003.

Edited by ylem

I have used hyaluronic acid on my depressed acne scars years ago and it did nothing. Also, I took a closer look at the Dermajuv acne scar system site and it still really feels like a lie. Basically the system is only comprised of an "Acne Scar Fade Cream' and a cleanser. Really, all it is is an acne treatment system. When I see 'fade' I see a confusion between red marks and depressions. I'll bet those photos were stolen from before and afters for cosmetic procedures, which, even those would not lend insight into the true results. I would try and get my money back :(

Good luck!

Edited by ylem

the product mentioned by the op may just as well work. the problem is that there is not differentiation between acne scars that are flat but discolored and true acne scars that are depressed. i think this is a ploy overall by the cosmetics industry to sucker us true acne scar sufferers into buying their product.

i'm always leary when i read that a product can help with acne scars. i need to know what kind of "scars" are they referring to.

the product mentioned by the op may just as well work. the problem is that there is not differentiation between acne scars that are flat but discolored and true acne scars that are depressed. i think this is a ploy overall by the cosmetics industry to sucker us true acne scar sufferers into buying their product.

i'm always leary when i read that a product can help with acne scars. i need to know what kind of "scars" are they referring to.

completely agree. there are only two fuzzy pictures on the site with no additional information. if it truly was wonderful, theyd be pushing the pictures moreso. in the second picture on the site the pitted scars remain and only the redness is reduced. the ingredient listed as being spectacular has not been picked up by many other companies producing scar creams. previous posts here and other sites claim it is useless for depressed scarring.

yeah man. good luck with the product. all i know is, that i look at some of those pictures and i wish i could get my skin looking back to that way. sigh.

completely agree. there are only two fuzzy pictures on the site with no additional information. if it truly was wonderful, theyd be pushing the pictures moreso. in the second picture on the site the pitted scars remain and only the redness is reduced. the ingredient listed as being spectacular has not been picked up by many other companies producing scar creams. previous posts here and other sites claim it is useless for depressed scarring.

yeah man. good luck with the product. all i know is, that i look at some of those pictures and i wish i could get my skin looking back to that way. sigh.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Lighting-...e-S-t24474.html

One thing you learn after battling acne scars and researching for many years is that many of the photos are either doctored or the lighting in the after is different so as to not accentuate the scars as much. Don't believe in before and after photos too much! Trust me! Take a look at the below link to an old thread. Alkso refer to the link in the first post, which describes in detail the lighting study performed by OURSFAN:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Lighting-...e-S-t24474.html

Edited by ylem

Ok, so I`m using for 12 days now this Dermajuv acne scar reduction system and im NOT seeing really any significant results. I dont have much discoloration, but i got some pretty deep scars, so I had high hopes for this product =/

However, Im a guy not too much used to applying creams and such to my own face, so I always applied it and like kept rubbing till the cream wasnt visible anymore, is it right?

Tonight Im trying to get a little more applyed to my skin, plus i wont rub it a lot, so its kinda visible.

Any thoughts?

thanks

thank you, man, so I woke up today and I saw my scars, strangely enough they seemed less deep hm somehow

prolly not real though heh maybe the lightning on the place was a bit different

its hard to compare to when i first started using the system, cause i had a pic with a kind of lightning that kinda "hides" the scars, you know? i didnt do that on purpose tho

so, just another question

when you keep rubbing it till its not visible, that does mean that its being absorbed? i thought it was because i rubbed so much that it kinda spreaded through my hands; dunno tho

thanks for the help, hopefuly ill see something happen to my skin

rock on

Ok, still using it, not sure if its improvement or not, but I THINK some of the scars are more shallow... we will see, I`ll keep this updated whenever i can.

Ok, still using it, not sure if its improvement or not, but I THINK some of the scars are more shallow... we will see, I`ll keep this updated whenever i can.

I wouldn't bet on it. Sorry but don't mean to burst your bubble. This really looked like a scam to me.

Hi everyone -

I decided to become a member after reading this thread regarding Dermajuv, and decided to post my testimonial. It's early yet, now on my 4th day using the product and have taken pictures (in bright fluorescent bathroom light) and will post before/after pics. First, for anyone who minds, I'd like to open up and share how I arrived to Dermajuv...for the record, I"m not paid by anyone for this, even though I have to agree their website seemed sketchy to me and I was pretty skeptical - I worked it over for about 4 weeks before I caved.

I have acne pits on my face and back and it's something I've had to live with since puberty, I'm 38 now. They're pretty severe, especially on my back. My face has gotten better after about 20+ visits to a laser/treatment center, attained for free through a "trade" program, but it's pretty expensive I hear. In those 20+ visits, I got mostly microdermabrasions, 3-5 chemical peels and many laser treatments where they pumped up the collagen in the pits. It was helpful, and I was pleased with the results but every time I looked in the mirror, I couldn't help but focus on the pits. There was discoloration a few years after ceasing treatment, inside the pits/scars and still remain today. I feel it's because as I get older, my facial skin is loosening, so the scars never seem to go away.

I've always had acne and thanks to Minocycline I got it under control, but not until the damage was done. Since using this product, I got a zit coming in on the inner left cheek not a boil; after I rarely break out thanks to the medication. So, since this product doesn't claim to be an acne treatment, but a scar treatment, I'll let it slide. By the way, the bottle they send you is billed as a "prep" cleanser for the scar cream.

So, I'm on my fourth day of the Dermajuv treatment, and improvement is minimal. It does make your face red - slightly, granted, but I notice it. Some people may simply think you got a little sun that day. Therefore, with the redness I can't say if there's scar color improvement on day 4. I do feel tingling sporadically throughout the day, and I do see minimal improvement in the scars - they seem to be tightening, but again it's just too early to tell. But if anyone who is interested in Dermajuv, I'll post progress here in hopes either you'll find it either a disappointing waste of money, or a product that just may be our answer. I'm ok with being the guinea pig.

One concern I have however, is will I have to keep using this expensive product after it's gone?

I have used the clarifying acne cream and the acne scar cream since November.

I decided to try it after developing an allergic reaction to BP.

Scar Treatment

I was trying to get rid of a very awkward red rolling scar in the middle of my cheek.

I used the acne scar cream for about a month and a half. During probably the second week it looked like the scar got a tiny bit smaller, I kept using it thinking hey this might work.

About a month later I noticed that the scar area I was applying the cream too started getting a lot redder, So I stopped using it.

However each day I stopped using it the redness slowly faded away and It ended up zapping all the redness out of the scar, after 3-4 weeks or so i cant really remember.

I am very happy about the redness disappearing as it has been there for about 3 years. But as for the depth of the scar I'm not sure if it helped, it looks like there may have been a very small improvement but I cant be sure. Now that the redness is gone, I'm thinking about using the cream again, to see if it will help more.

Hi I googled in the net and stumbled to Dermajuv acne scar removal cream one day. I desperately in need of a acne scar removal cream which cud fill up the exact 3 tiny holes in my face caused by pustules.I had really high hopes with this cream :boohoo: I emailed the company once and they replied back saying they do ship in India. I was more than happy guys. After that came the reality check. I researched and researched and researched before placing the 80$ order with the shipping cost 104$ :wacko: I emailed back to them asking three questions that includes 1.If I never get my parcel how can I get my refund? 2. They wud only take refunds if the bottle is unused. What the hell?y shud a customer return a product if he/she doesn't use it? but yaaaaaa They never replied back .I emailed them for 3 times but still no reply.

As I said earlier I researched a lot about this particular product and one day Stumbled to another blog published by Dermajuv people. They praised their brands like other wud do with their brands but If you do not like the products there are no space to leave your comments in the blog which made me more skepticle. After going through the posts in acne.org and other places I never seen a single reviewer raving about the products.It only made the post inflammatory discolorations fade ,did not fill up the holes (that is what I wanted) I have seen raving reviews only in long blog type posts and not in Makeupalley or acne.org where responses come in the forms of random messages, I got more skepticle.

Initially I was impressed by the before and after photographs in their official website. :think: Then I thought if their products are Miracle as they claim it to be then why din they allow the customers to leave comments on the website itself like clinique or other companies do? :think:

2nd of all, the pictures can be photoshop touched,who can say?If those are miracle products then y the hell the users would use it only for one month/two ?and rush to pen and paper to write a review they can atleast wait for another couple of months to fade the redness/holes/bumps

In their official website you can see only 2 reviews attached to every single product. Y dermajuv? is it because only 2 out of the lakhs can find your product to be effective or your website doesn't have the space to upload more? :liar:

so finally I leave the idea behind to buy their product and their customer service is horrible. So if you really interested to try it on ur ow go ahead and good luck and give us regular updates.

Thanks

What happened to Fabius' post? From reading the earlier posts, he has purchased the product as of January. But it is May now, almost 3 months now and no response on how the Dermajuv Acne Scar Removal System has worked for him in these last couple months.

Anyways, hopefully he gets back on how his test trial for this product went, hope to see your post soon!

OK folks, bear with me here as I attempt to post some pictures which were all shot in my bathroom in bright flourescent light. Read my earlier post on beginning the Dermajuv Acne Scar Treatment. I began the treatment around March 28th 2010 and ended around May 3rd 2010. The pictures will let you be the judge, let's discuss but here is my discovery:

Positives:

overall smoother texture

minor improvement in pit scars, with a stress on minor

minor redness disappearance

Negatives:

makes your face slightly red at the beginning

is not a cure all for acne scars...sorry.

I expected a more even skin tone in the pits

Two days into the product (Left side of face)

post-126127-1274550837_thumb.jpg

After fully using Dermajuv Acne Scar Treatment (Left Side of face)

post-126127-1274550877_thumb.jpg

Two days into the product (Right side of face)

post-126127-1274550967_thumb.jpg

After fully using Dermajuv Acne Scar Treatment (Right side of face)

post-126127-1274550988_thumb.jpg

post-126127-1274550837_thumb.jpg

post-126127-1274550877_thumb.jpg

post-126127-1274550967_thumb.jpg

post-126127-1274550988_thumb.jpg

Are you guys KIDDING me? This is the most obvious scam I have EVER seen. Even their website looks like a scam website. The ingredients are bullshit - the only one which is legitimate is the B3, which in topical form has been proven to reduce acne (but still has no effect on scars). No, some herb is not going to restore collagen.

Are you guys KIDDING me? This is the most obvious scam I have EVER seen. Even their website looks like a scam website. The ingredients are bullshit - the only one which is legitimate is the B3, which in topical form has been proven to reduce acne (but still has no effect on scars). No, some herb is not going to restore collagen.

You screwed my mood! :evil:

Have a look on the photos of Lucas, I guess there is some sort of improvement on his left side, though some scars are a bit deep they have improved a bit, say 5-10%, and thats after how long? 2 months? well after a year of use you'll see significant improvement I guess... SO I HOPE YOU ARE WRONG!!!