Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brittbrat4416

Month 5 of amnesteen and still not clear

I'm very discouraged at the moment. I'm almost done with month 5 of being on amnesteen and my face still isn't clear. It's better, but not what I expected. Its red, scarred, and I still have little pimples everywhere. I'm sick of the dry lips and nose. Should I continue my treatment and change my face routine or just give up and try other options?

I just finished my fifth month today. I'm sick of the dry lips and nose too, but I am going to continue. Saw my derm today and she extended me three weeks. I still have some acne, but it's a ton better than before. I went into this knowing that i would never have perfect skin. try to stick it out as long as you can! :)

A friend of mine still continued to improve after she stopped the treatment, so don't get discouraged. I would continue the complete course. Half of people who use Accutane require a second course. I have been researching this to death and I think it's because of dosage.

Thanks for your encouragement! I shouldn't expect perfect skin, and my skin has improved. I just didn't anticipate all the scarring I now have but i guess its better to deal with then acne. I also have 3 cysts that just won't go away. I'm trying to stay positive and I'm on the highest dosage I can be on for my body weight so I guess I may need another treatment if things don't get better soon..... :snooty: