Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MissNarNar

Eyebrow Threading on Accutane..bad idea?

So I know that getting your eyebrows or any other part of your body waxed is a definite no no because it can rip your skin off, this is true even for Differin. But I've heard that getting your eyebrows threaded is okay and the worst that can happen is you'll get a little bit more red than usual.

http://www.salonpanache.com/threading.htm

That site there says that it's safe for people on Accutane and Retin A but I want to hear from people here that have either done it.

Thankya!

Edited by MissNarNar

musicmama did it with good results... too bad her skin cleared up so she's MIA!

XOXO

Honestly I believe in karma and this board has helped me so much, so even when (positive thinking!!) my skin clears up, I am gonna be on this board giving it back!

She had good results eh? I feel like I need at least a few more people to say that before I decide to do it!

I was about to post the same question. Answers please! :)

I was thinking of going and doing like a patch test, basically just making them do one little part and waiting a few minutes to see if my skin is wayyy irritated or raw. But then I thought about it and was like f*** risking even one part of my eyebrow! Although, I have a nasty eyebrow ring scar already..maybe I should patch test that part lol.

Unfortunately, I learned the hard way that waxing while on accutane is a major HELL NO. But I have gotten my eyebrows threaded with good results...I honestly didnt even have much redness but I always get them threaded so Im used to it by now. If its ur first time getting ur brows threaded u might feel some irritation and redness but it shouldnt be much. Oh fyi, I've been on accutane for a little over a month now.

I say go for it. Once u start threading ull never want to go back to waxing ur brows!

Hey! I'm not totally MIA! ;) I'm stopping in here and there to read up and contribute when I see something I think I can help with.

Eyebrow threading... Do it. It is amazing. Seriously I love threading. I'm going to continue to use it even after my post accutane waxing waiting period. I'm a total convert. It is an art, I've never had my eyebrows look so great. You get regrowth faster than with waxing, but it also costs less per session. I'd say over the course of a month, you'd end up spending the same amount of money as waxing, but there is so much more control over the shape of the brow with threading. Completely worth it, especially if you find a really great person to do it.

Hey! I'm not totally MIA! ;) I'm stopping in here and there to read up and contribute when I see something I think I can help with.

Eyebrow threading... Do it. It is amazing. Seriously I love threading. I'm going to continue to use it even after my post accutane waxing waiting period. I'm a total convert. It is an art, I've never had my eyebrows look so great. You get regrowth faster than with waxing, but it also costs less per session. I'd say over the course of a month, you'd end up spending the same amount of money as waxing, but there is so much more control over the shape of the brow with threading. Completely worth it, especially if you find a really great person to do it.

Yeah I've done the threading before, it is awesome and the shape comes out beautiful. I just wanted to make sure it's safe, and thanks for confirming! I find it more painful than waxing because it takes a little more time, but the end result is definitely better..no pain no gain! I've also gotten my lip threaded which REALLY hurts me, but I find the regrowth with that to be slower than when I get it waxed. Sometimes when they make you cover your eyelid during the brow threading, I get nervous that my fingers are going to slip and they'll cut me with the thread lol. But other than that, I love it.

Thanks for your help, how long have you been off Accutane? I'm going to go stalk your profile to find out anyway =)

Unfortunately, I learned the hard way that waxing while on accutane is a major HELL NO. But I have gotten my eyebrows threaded with good results...I honestly didnt even have much redness but I always get them threaded so Im used to it by now. If its ur first time getting ur brows threaded u might feel some irritation and redness but it shouldnt be much. Oh fyi, I've been on accutane for a little over a month now.

I say go for it. Once u start threading ull never want to go back to waxing ur brows!

Oh noooo, what happened when you got your brows waxed on 'tane? Actually, it won't be my first eyebrow threading but I wanted to make sure that it was safe before getting them done since my dermatologist didn't tell me anything. I kind of figured it'd be fine because it's the alternative for people with sensitive skin and doesn't strip of any layers of your skin which is the risk with waxing on Accutane.

Thanks for your help!

Hey MissNarNar,

I've got 4 1/2 days left actually. I'm doing good, but there's definitely been some rough patches. Stick with it and feel free to message me if you have any questions. :) Good luck!!

I had my eyebrows and my upper lip threaded for the 2nd time while on Accutane just the other day. After the threading, they slathered my face in Eucerin lotion, as is procedure, then they showed me the results in a hand mirror immediately after.

Yes, I was red where they had worked, but that faded 45 minutes to an hour after having it done. The pain was minimal, both during and after, and I am currently enjoying my polished look! :)