Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Face19

Coconut oil for mild acne

I recently started using Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial cleanser when i learned about oil cleansing method, so I'm trying to use more natural oils. The facial cleanser contains a few oils in it and it made my face very clear and not dry at all. I also needed a moisturizer and I bought virgin coconut oil and some sweet almond oil. Yesterday I used the coconut oil for the first time and I felt like it made my acne worse, like a ton of blackheads. I feel like it healed some previous acne but my face felt kinda oily all day. Maybe I used too much? Was I supposed to wash it off? I really want this to work , do I just have to wait longer? Did anyone have similar results?

And has anyone used the sweet almond oil for acne? How do you use it?

I haven't been on these boards in a while, but I know for a fact coconut oil is comedeogenic, just so you know.

Thanks a lot, its kinda disappointing that i did so much research and i only found out good things about using those kind of oils....and it didnt work at all for me. but the burt's bees is working really well, i'll stick with it