Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest DireStraits

My Rockin' Diet Log

Guest DireStraits

Lets begin!

So here's the story...cause............ everyone likes a story.

Male early 20's, last derm I went to said I had moderate acne but I believe its persistent mild acne its just that I have a bunch of brown marks which makes it look worse.

All the time I hear the same bs from doctors and derms that there's no link between diet and acne even though i've always had the sneaking suspicion that they were wrong in my case, I still listened to them and ate the same garbage, just cause the doctor told me so.

When I was in my teens I had pretty decent skin I would get the odd pimple here and there but I was cool with it. I used to eat Burger King, McDonalds and KFC all the time because I enjoyed eating junk food like any other teen. I would not get a pimple from eating in an unhealthy manner because I played a shitload of soccer and all that exercise somehow made me immune. However once I hit 18 things changed for the worse, no longer could I use my regular exercising as my cover for preventing pimples. Inflammation increased big time and I had to cut a lot junk food which was so fkn hard for an 18 year old who just wanted to enjoy the pleasures of fast food. I regularly used topicals prescribed by doctors/derms, to be fair some of them did work for a while but then the acne came back- i think its because the bacteria just became resistant to the topicals. It wasn't until last year that I came across this site (I didn't register till recently) and found out about the role of dairy, sugar and wheat in regards to acne. I used to drink milk everyday lol cause never did I think milk, would contribute to my acne cause..... it was milk! I've always been taught milk is good for you! It's rich in calcium and all that... but I get mad cysts every time I drink it so I cut it out and saw some improvement. This is where the holistic journey started, its been hard and frustrating at times but i've just gotta battle on.

I know that diet plays a massive role in my acne (not the only factor though) that's why I have decided to make a log of most of the things I eat. I know this cause when I eat high GI or unhealthy foods I get that tingling feeling under my skin which is an indication that I will get a pimple. I am human and I will tend to stray from eating a healthy balanced diet...but that's OK as long as I get back on track.

Another thing is that I believe the the location of my acne and its type are very important in determining what exactly breaks me out, that's why i've attached a diagram showing from MY experience which foods end up where on my face.

I also have to mention that weight lifting or strenuous exercise that works my muscles gives me cysts and sometimes wet dreams/ejaculation. These cysts end up on certain zones in my face as well-my skins possibly sensitive to testosterone spikes.

I think that the environment is another factor in my acne, one thing I have noted is that during the summer my acne is a little bit worse-I don't have folliculitis according to the derm I last visited its just the usual acne.

What have i tried in the past?

Topically: Duac, Benzac, Differin, Clindatech, Benzamycin, Proactiv, Clearasil BP, Neutrogena Salicyclic Acid.

Internally: Minocycline, Doxycycline- I should mention that I cut short these treatments because I had my reservations of taking antibiotics for such a long period of time.

Now the only thing im putting on my face is a light cleanser which I use when I shave around every 3 days and a bit of eucalyptus oil on cysts (that's if I get them). I frequently go swimming so I guess you could say the chlorine in the pool is one chemical im indirectly putting on my face.

Vitamins which failed miserably in the past:

Milk Thistle-broke with painful inflamed cysts badly in my pore region

Niacinamide-gave me cysts on my forehead

Chromium- gave inflamed whiteheads in my pore region

Mixed Results

L-Glutamine- To be honest im not sure what to think of this supplement. I initially took it for to aid my digestion. When I first took it I thought it tasted like sugar, which was bad cause sugar gives me ingrown hairs and makes my skin real oily. Well guess what happened? I broke out with ingrown hairs in my sugar zone-see diagram below and my skin was really glossy. I think this supplement is not one to be taking daily IMO.

Vitamin C-When I first started taking vitamin C I immediately could see the difference, my pores shrunk and my skin was glowing, however I did not see any improvement in my acne so I continued taking it just to finish the bottle. As I continued taking it I noticed that this red lump underneath my skin on my left temple was forming. This lump kept growing whilst I kept ingesting my vitamin C tablets and there was always this protruding sensation in the area of my lump after I took the tablets...so I guess the vitamin C must have been the problem. I stopped taking them and the lump went down and im left with a bad brown mark in that area.

Supplements im using at the moment:

Zinc 2x25mg/day-Reduces inflammation and helps with hormonal acne

Omega 3's 2g/day- Another anti inflammatory supplement which assists in hydrating my skin and allows me to easily extract whiteheads when they're ready.

What breaks me out?

Dairy-gives me inflamed cysts and whiteheads

Sugar-increases my skin cell turn over rate and gives me ingrown hairs

Grains-pasta, breads classic culprit.

Hydrogenated oils greasy fast food.

Beer-Ouch there goes my social life! Gives me cysts on my forehead and messes up my digestion.

Chicken yes thats right, chicken im not kidding- gives me inflamed whiteheads in between my eyebrows

Excess fructose fruits like bananas and apples-high levels of natural sugars

Corn-Gives me painful whiteheads in between my lower lip and chin

Ham-not sure why

Spicy/Chilli foods-ends up giving me pimples on my right temple zone

Potatoes-Too starchy i guess.

Carrots

How badly these foods break me out is proportional to the amount of that food I eat.

I hope I kept you entertained and feel free to give input and answer my questions,

Thanks.

Btw did I mention I love music from the 80s and 90s?

post-113654-1258527709_thumb.jpg

post-113654-1258527709_thumb.jpg

Edited by DireStraits

Guest DireStraits

Lol i had sizzlers (all you can eat) last night and I felt pretty full all of today.

I had a roast beef sandwich on wholemeal bread and a can of tuna.

At the moment I have this inflammed whitehead which has come to a head from eating soy-lin bread a couple of days ago and its in the same vicinity on my face where I get pimples from eating wheat.

Just above my eyebrows I have a couple of small whiteheads from eating a thin steak cooked in vegetable oil.

What I dont get is when I eat stir fry thats been cooked in the same vegetable oil I dont break out from that not sure why.

It was a hot day here btw 26 degrees and 65% humidity. Im noting down the humidity because I think it correlates with my lurking folliculitis. I am predicting that as I head into summer that folliculitis will arise and get worse because thats what happened the last two years. Or it may not even show because i'd be putting on a dab of eucalyptus oil-only recently started using this.

The sun today made my skin glow and masked some of my brown marks which is awesome.

I've attached another diagram for things I may have left out in the first diagram.

post-113654-1258624283_thumb.jpg

post-113654-1258624283_thumb.jpg

Edited by DireStraits

Guest DireStraits

The temperature today was crazy 37 degrees celcius but the humidity was hovering at around the mid 30s.

This morning I had another roast beef sandwich with wholemeal bread. Usually in the winter breads dont break me out that much but as I mentioned in my first post, in summer (its not summer yet here in aus but is sure as hell feels like it) the heat aggrevates my acne a bit so the bread used in the sandwich broke me out and its a little inflammed.

Im starting to think the inflammed whitehead I mentioned yesturday (in my wheat breakout zone) was the result of too much vitamin C contained in my aloe vera juice-which contains added vitamin C. Databased mentioned that vitamin C could be counter-productive when it comes to acne since it actually produces an inflammatory response. Once I stopped drinking the aloe the whitehead's inflammation died.

Back to my diet. Since I was working all day I didn't have lunch until 4pm lol which was casserole with a side of gluten free rice. Btw from now on when I mention rice its always gluten free rice cause pretty much all rice brands sold here in the shops-even the generic ones are gluten free. I trust rice, even though its gotten a bad wrap from some on this forum. For dinner I had a roast beef with a side of chips and veges.

Anyway's the lesson for today is that I gotta go easy on the breads.

Hey Dude,

Interesting reading i too live in Aussie on the Sunshine Coast so I know what you are talking about when you say it is hot lol.

Well i have often thought about my diet when it comes to acne but really where do i start. I have already cut out bread as i had colon cancer a few years back and bread just doesnt agree with me, but i just dont know if i am up to cutting out foods like pasta and rice, but then if it clears up my acne it will be totally worth it.

I just wonder what will i eat when everyone else is eating McDonalds lol.

I dunno i guess i am just looking for some varification that changing my diet might actually work and it reading your posts certainly proves that different foods effect your skin.

Maybe i should start keeping a diary too :unsure:

Cheers for your thoughts and good luck mate ;)

Guest DireStraits
Hey Dude,

Interesting reading i too live in Aussie on the Sunshine Coast so I know what you are talking about when you say it is hot lol.

Well i have often thought about my diet when it comes to acne but really where do i start. I have already cut out bread as i had colon cancer a few years back and bread just doesnt agree with me, but i just dont know if i am up to cutting out foods like pasta and rice, but then if it clears up my acne it will be totally worth it.

I just wonder what will i eat when everyone else is eating McDonalds lol.

I dunno i guess i am just looking for some varification that changing my diet might actually work and it reading your posts certainly proves that different foods effect your skin.

Maybe i should start keeping a diary too :unsure:

Cheers for your thoughts and good luck mate ;)

Awesome, welcome fellow aussie.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal with colon cancer. When it comes to rice I think you should give gluten free rice a go. If you look through woolies for example, every rice brand they sell is gluten free im not kidding, even the generic 'home brand' is (which is hard to believe) and im positive this does not contribute to my break outs. If I eat gluten free bread I will not break out from that but its a bit expensive like almost 6 bucks. Pasta on the other hand is a bit complicated, thats something to try and cut your servings down on.Lol that reminds me, there was this take out joint which sold take away pasta near where I work for $4 and I went crazy on that for a week and noticed I would break out in the diagram shown below.

I should probably mention this, another member-databased came up with the idea that the amount of direct sunlight on your eyes could effect the way you absorb carbs and in turn effect your acne as well, this is the link worth a read- thus if you get enough sunlight on your eyes you could be able to eat that pasta. I will try this out later btw

Yes, you should make your own log its so beneficial, you'll learn so much about your body. I was too lazy at first but once I started jotting down my daily diet I found out things which broke me out for example corn and bananas. Its really important to listen to your body cause everyones different so what breaks out someone else might not break you out.

LOL yeah when everyone else is eating McDonalds (or KFC-my weakness) its hards to not give in but you gotta remind yourself of that shit feeling when you wake up in the morning and see that zit that cropped up because of the fast food you ate the day before uggh..anyway im blabbering on.

Give supplements such as zinc a go this helps me in so many ways.

Check out the Nutrition and Holistic Health section of this board theres a lot of useful info there regarding diet and acne.

Take care

all the best!

Guest DireStraits

Today reached a high of 27 degrees and 88% humidity. At this humidity level I was sure it would have brought a slight recurrence of my terrible folliculitis experienced last year and other humid days gone past this year, maybe its too early to call hmmm or maybe the extra sleep i've been getting has made me immune....??

Anyway this morning I had a tin of tuna for breakfast followed by a takeway octupus salad with a light chilli sauce dressing for lunch.

I went for a swim to cool down at around 6pm when there was still daylight. I think I went really hard swimming today and came out of the pool with my chest looking kinda ripped and my triceps felt a bit sore. I hope that doesnt results in any testosterone spikes. The chlorine managed to dry out a couple of my pimples which was nice

For dinner I felt pretty hungry, my family decided to eat out I got a plate of roast beef with chips and veges and a plate of casserole with a side of yellow rice.

Vegetable oil or any inflammatory oil is my new enemy as of today. The dine out at sizzler a few days ago im paying for now cause that day I ordered a juicy steak and I could sure as hell tell it was cooked with oil and im breaking out now above my left eyebrow and in between my eyebrows. A grilled steak I never break out from.

I forgot to mention in my first post my experience with glutamine, in short it tasted just like sugar, I took it daily mixed with water and it broke me out in the form of ingrown hairs- just like sugar does.I took this for aiding my digestion that was a few months back.

Anyway I hate bad oils, good oils are......................good ie omega 3 fish oil

Edited by DireStraits

Guest DireStraits

Another stinker today it was 40 degrees celcius, thats 104F.

Yep, today was so hot I thought I would get a folliculitis breakout but I didnt which is awesome! I think this is down to the eucalyptus oil.

I woke up today to find a pimple forming on my forehead, its still underneath my skin which sucks. I'm wondering if it was the octopus in the octopus salad from yesterday which caused this reaction or the dressing on it...

I went swimming again today and the chlorine dried out the rest of the remaining pimples on my 'wheat' zone.

As of right now my problem zone is just on my forehead.....farout. My forehead is a warzone, its got a heap of brown marks left over from previous pimples....What to do??

My diet today

Breakfast-plate of tuna.

Lunch-Grilled myself a mean stir fry with Moroccan seasoning and a side of jasmine rice.

Dinner-Mum cooked up some beef dunno how else to describe the sauce of dressing but it tasted nice.

Gotta wake up early tomorrow for work, lame.

Today's song brought to you by

Hhahahahahahaha awesome song...ahhhhh classic Edited by DireStraits

Guest DireStraits

Nice cool weather today for a change temps hovering around 20DC and 70% humidity.

Well im kinda feeling like shit after taking a look at my face and seeing all the brown marks and uneven tone.

Btw im on my uni break that's how i've managed to frequently update this log just in case anyone was wondering...

That pimple on my forehead that was underneath my skin has popped up a bit.

There's something really weird that happened after I went swimming 2 days ago which I should have mentioned. A lump formed around the top of my left cheek while I was swimming it eventually went away after two hours after my swim session-may have to do with the stress I was putting my body under while I was swimming (this happened to me as well btw when I used to lift weights). I noticed a blocked pore yesterday on my left cheek as well and this grew a bit today and im pretty sure this is a hormonal related pimple maybe because of the testosterone spikes from swimming pretty hard. Remember I said that I came out of the pool looking kinda ripped and my muscles felt sore-the same feeling after a weights session. Anyway this blocked pore im predicting will grow into a pimple in the following days and since its a hormonal related pimple its gonna leave a nasty brown mark. Fkn hell I hate how my body works i've had to stop weight lifting around April this year which I loved just cause of bloody acne.

My forehead improved a bit from yesterday but its still a concern.

This morning I didn't feel that hungry and just bought a fresh carrot juice to get some bowel movement going cause I read somewhere improper digestion could be the cause of forehead acne.

For lunch I had that leftover beef from yesterdays dinner and for dinner I had two grilled steaks which was nice.

To sum up my mood today's song is brought to you by Phil Collins- In the Air tonight

Guest DireStraits

T'was a dark rainy day today.

This morning I woke up with another pimple on my forehead and im starting to think it was because my mum cooked her beef in canola oil two days ago and its showing up now. Looks like cooking oils are ending up on my forehead maybe?

That blocked pore on my left cheek is actually growing just like i predicted, its red now and it'll probably come to a head in 2 days. I'll call it 'Testosterone pimple', cause I get testosterone spikes when I do strenuous exercise leading to pimples like these.

For breakfast I had a fresh carrot juice as well as a tomato and lettuce salad with Italian dressing.

Lunch-Small plate of tuna

Dinner-Stir fry with tomato, capsicum and a side of rice.

I bought a small packet of pumpkin seeds which i'll use as a snack.

Im gonna up my omega 3 intake to 4 grams to balance out the bad oils i've been polluting into my system.

Im considering getting psyllium husk tablets to assist my bowel movements, if anyone has experience taking this supplement i'd appreciate their feedback.

Because more and more pimples are popping up I thought today's song would fit, and early 90s dance hit Captain Hollywood Project- More and More

Till next time

Guest DireStraits

Nice weather today 23DC 78% humidity-my brown marks are really masked on a sunny day but they become more visible at night when the temperatures cool down. I hate this because my mates are deciding to go out this Friday night but my brown marks are holding me back....we'll see what happens.

Woke up this morning with no new pimples on my forehead or anywhere else, which is at least some progress. The so called 'testosterone pimple' on my left cheek has grown a bit more however, but it isn't that inflamed because i've upped my zinc dosage to 75mgs just for the meantime.

Breakfast-Fresh carrot juice with a thai beef salad which i bought

Lunch-Had leftovers of yesterdays stir fry dinner

Dinner-Roast beef with a side of veggies and chips

Im actually feeling quite full my tummy looks bigger than it normally does.

Another thing, im working the morning shift at my job every weekday now that im on my university break. I get up at 6am to start work at 6:50 and arrive back home at around midday and I have the rest of the day free. I always have an hour nap at around 2pm, can't help myself-just wondering if this is bad for my system....

I'm also still wondering if psyllium husk is worth getting.

Anywayz...today's song comes from aussie band INXS-Dont Change, enjoy

Thanks for reading.

Guest DireStraits

Im at my cousins place cause my internet at my place is WhAcKed oUt so this is gonna be a short entry.

My forehead is looking a little bit better but all of a sudden i've been breaking out around my chin.

Ever since I started working 5 days a week and getting up at 6am with jack all sleep attained my skin tone and acne are a little worse.

If sleep is as vital as im thinking it is for me then im in deep shit cause i'll be working early every weekday till my university break ends which is the start of fkn March '10. Theres no way in hell im quitting my job either cause its decent pay and in this economic climate I ain't gonna find much better.

I really underestimated sleep cause this may explain why sometimes some foods seem to break me out on some days and not others.

I'll leave it at that.

Thanks for reading

Edited by DireStraits

Guest DireStraits

Trying to get as much sleep as possible otherwise my acne will get worse.

As of right now I have quite a few inflamed pimples (not sure what type tbh) as shown on the diagram below. The inflammation is due to the lack of sleep and my irregular sleeping pattern. Whats happening to me right now out of no coincidence happened around the same time last year when I started waking up early each day to work every weekday. My skin went absolutely nuts with whiteheads and cysts mainly underneath my lower lip and chin area. It was more manageable once I reverted to working just 2 days when my summer break finished and went back to university, then I began to get a more even pattern of sleep and cleaned up my diet.

I still haven't used any harsh chemicals ie. BP for about 7 months and I dont plan on getting back into it.

I've noticed my skin tone evens out when my face is oily as well.

Yesterday I had tuna for breakfast, beef burgundy with a side of veges and chips for lunch and a roast beef with a side of chips and veges.

I love my meat, yes I do.

Thanks for reading

Edited by DireStraits

Guest DireStraits

Ok, second day of summer here and its kinda cold.

I've caved into pasta, I had some for dinner yesterday (so good!) and I had some for lunch today.I had a Moroccan bean salad this morning for breakfast-was alright.

I went swimming as well yesterday and again the chlorine dried out some of my pimples which is awesome.

I've also made an effort to go to sleep at 10pm and not stay up for no reason otherwise it'll hamper not only my acne but my body in so many ways.

I've dropped my zinc dosage down to 2x25mg per day.

To be honest the clearest i've been watching my diet is 80% at very best but still with a tone of brown marks, farout this is hard.

Thanks for reading

90s dance again-

Hi, I'm interested in starting a diet log to see how it affects my skin.

I've cut out dairy already because it affects my breathing congestion. I've recently cut out gluten (though I still eat oats), and I haven't seen too much of a difference for skin (it's been about two months). So I think it is definitely more complicated... and it is in my best interest to do a food log.

I'd say I eat pretty healthy, though I tend to eat more when I'm stressed, )usually being fruit, nuts or oatmeal).

It is really hard for me to cut out all carbs. I've grown up playing sports my whole life, and I am used to the calories. If I cut out the carbs, I'll end up eating too much nuts..

Anyway, my main question is this: How long did you find it takes for the food you eat to affect your skin? Like, were pimples a result from a month ago, a week ago, or a day ago?

Thanks so much!!!

Guest DireStraits
Hi, I'm interested in starting a diet log to see how it affects my skin.

I've cut out dairy already because it affects my breathing congestion. I've recently cut out gluten (though I still eat oats), and I haven't seen too much of a difference for skin (it's been about two months). So I think it is definitely more complicated... and it is in my best interest to do a food log.

I'd say I eat pretty healthy, though I tend to eat more when I'm stressed, )usually being fruit, nuts or oatmeal).

It is really hard for me to cut out all carbs. I've grown up playing sports my whole life, and I am used to the calories. If I cut out the carbs, I'll end up eating too much nuts..

Anyway, my main question is this: How long did you find it takes for the food you eat to affect your skin? Like, were pimples a result from a month ago, a week ago, or a day ago?

Thanks so much!!!

Hey! Thanks for the question.

It really depends on the food but for mepimples are usually a result of a Maximum 4 days. I think this maybe because of my fast metabolism. I always get that tingling or itching feeling on my skin whenever I eat crap foods almost immediately.

Dairy-Breakout in 24 hours. I ate a beef stroganoff yesterday for brunch and it had some sort of sauce, but im pretty sure the sauce had dairy in it and I broke out in the form of a single whitehead in my moustache area. This is where I always breakout from dairy btw.

Sugar-Takes like 4 days max to show up. I break out in the form of in grown hairs on my lower cheeks. I was testing out one of databased's theories by consuming tomato sauce and how it can make your face less oily. The last day I put tomato sauce (rich in sugar) on my meal was on Sunday. Only on Wednesday did I start noticing in grown hairs on my right [email protected]!! Thanks a lot databased! Although my oil production did diminish slightly im not trading less oily skin for in grown hairs. Oh..this applies to fruits as well like bananas it takes around 4 days as well to completely show up. I'd probably be able to feel the bump on the 3rd day though.

Beer would break me out immediately because my forehead would go nuts with that tingling feeling but the cysts would take around 24 hrs to form and get worse throughout the week.

Corn-pretty much immediately, within 2 hrs max I would be able to feel the lump below my lip.

Ham & Chicken-Again I would get that tingling feeling immediately on my forehead and a whitehead would appear the day after.

Wheat/Grains- This is a tricky one, i've had pasta 3 times this week and I haven't broke out yet from that which I find it hard to believe and the one thing i've done differently is maintaining a regular sleeping pattern. Have you been sleeping properly? Cause it effects your body in so many way and not just your digestion of carbs. Weeks previous when my sleeping pattern was messed up I would almost certainly get a whitehead in my 'wheat' zone all the time.

This is whats made me start to question maybe its not the food thats the problem. What we should be searching for is what exactly is making us intolerant to these foods.

Yeah I play a lot of soccer and like you I need my carb fix, im not sure what to do in this situation however if you are going to have carbs make sure its in combination with a protein source. So if your gonna eat bread then put some tuna on it as well, that way the bread could be absorbed into your system better. People have suggested to me coconut oil for energy...??But tbh im not sure.

Oh yeah don't eat too much nuts they're high in omega 6's-inflammatory agent!

I hope this helps. I might add some stuff to this later.

All the best!

Guest DireStraits

Fine 23 DC.

Things are going ok now that i've got my sleeping pattern under control. However I think I have been eating too much potatoes because there's two zits on my forehead I cant explain where they came from. I ate a few hard boiled potatoes this week and I think they're way too starchy for my system to handle. I have decided to give L-Glutamine another go because of all the rave about Colostrum on the Nutrition board, this is the closest thing I can get to a supplement which helps my gut. I believe last time I started taking it 3 times a day before meals only to break out in the form of in grown hairs. I'll probably start taking it maybe daily or every second day because a part of me is telling me its just sugar hahahaha.

I've been sorta going nuts on gluten free bread this week because it tastes pretty good as a sandwich bread and I don't break out from it either! Another thing is that I still have not broke out from the splurge of pasta I succumbed to this week, I have to credit this to my sleeping pattern I can't think of anything else tbh. I've got this sorta inflamed pimple on the right side border of my chin which had been there for around two weeks. It's only come to a head today FINALLY!.. But im not sure whats kept it there for so long.

So yesterday for breakfast I had a few tuna sandwiches on gluten free bread because I knew I would skip lunch as I was called to come into work at the last minute. I ate out with a couple of mates for dinner, I had a veal schnitzel with chips and salad, it was ok. After we went to a Karaoke bar and I was like the only one there not drinking lol (This is how acne controls me!).

This is the 80's song that was left stuck in my head

hahahhahahaha im lame!

Thanks for reading

Guest DireStraits

28DC

Shit!

I ate out with a couple of mates for dinner, I had a veal schnitzel with chips and salad, it was ok.

Guest DireStraits

22DC Cool day here slight breeze.

Alright im starting to break out a bit on more forehead again due to a combination of shit sleep and eating cooked hydrogenated oils. This is shit, I hope with the cool temperatures these past 2 days, my acne will subside. Cool weather means my pimples dry out quicker.

Yesterday for dinner I had veal which was cooked in canola oil...i think... but I know it was some sort of inflammatory oil.

Today I skipped breakfast cause I wasn't that hungry and instead I had a decent roast beef lunch with veges and chips. Something i've noticed is since i've started taking L-Glutamine again i've kinda started craving carbs a bit more. I'll still keep on it until I finish the powder. I've also upped my Zinc dosage again to 75mg cause i've got a mates b'day so I wanna minimise the amount of breakouts as possible before then.

Thanks for reading.

Guest DireStraits

Overcast day 28DC

My foreheads still looking shit. I think the L-Glutamine gave me one ingrown hair on my right cheek. I've also been taking aloe juice freely and I think thats starting to break me out a bit under my jawline which sucks.

I still blame my forehead acne on just an unstable sleeping pattern which in turn affects my digestion. Im waking up at 6 am for work and my whole life i've woken up at around 7 am.... come on body give me a break.

This is the problem with the holistic method you have to control so many factors and facets in your life to be able to be clear, Fkn hell!

Meh...

Thanks for reading

Guest DireStraits

22DC Fine day.

I've got this raised spot formed in my chin and it doesn't look like the other pimples I have-I've had this type of spot before and it only appears during hot and humid times. Its been steadily rising all week and theres nothing i've been able to do about it...I was just thinking back to last Sunday, I was a bit of an idiot and went running in the middle of 30 degree Celsius temperature and this could be the cause of it. Maybe its a hive? I have no idea but come to think of it I only get them when i've gotten little sleep and during hot temperatures.

If someone could help me out that would be much appreciated, im gonna do a bit of reserach myself.

Oh yeah and my Dad thinks I haven't been drinking enough water, if that helps.

Anyway just what I need, another spot and im going out tonight (no alcohol for me tonight)

Thanks for reading

Song-

Edited by DireStraits

Guest DireStraits

23DC 73% Humidity

First thing before I mention anything. I think the spot on my chin is a cyst because on further inspection, I usually get the same looking spot after drinking alcohol-alcohol dehydrates the skin. I believe its just come down to a lack of water. Yep, as I mentioned yesterday I went running at a ridiculous temperature in the middle of the day last Sunday and that set off my skin getting dehydrated for the rest of the week AND also the fact that I probably don't drink enough water throughout the day (mainly cause I don't want to get up and go to the bathroom so often) lead me to getting this cyst on my chin.

BINGO!

Moving on...yesterday I have tuna for breakfast and skipped lunch cause I was called in to work a quick shift at my second job.

I ate out for dinner at a German pub to celebrate a mates b'day and I was the only guy not drinking which I fkn hate and all my friends were asking how come you're not drinking (cause I used to get smashed everytime we went out) and I just gave them some lame excuse that I was 'taking a break from alcohol' lol. I had a pretty good veal schnitzel with chips and salad. It came with cranberry sauce on the side by I didn't put any on my meal cause its just got too much sugar.

Heh, I probably should mention that I received a lot of humorous banter from friends for me not drinking. Tongue in cheek remarks, dunno if I should mention them....but yeah it was all in good fun.

Fk! another example of how acne controls my life.

After we went to a nightclub and left at midnight which is pretty soft...mainly cause I needed my sleep, I wanna try and control my sleeping pattern as much as possible.

So I woke up this morning and my skin was just looking a bit tired no new actives so I really can't complain. Im kinda tired as im typing this so I think im gonna have a nap heh....

might update this when im a bit more refreshed.

Now that Im wide awake, I should mention that I bought Colostrum because i've bought into the hype about Colostrum on the Nutrition board link.

Why am I taking Colostrum?

Well because according to Denise her son was able to eat whatever he wanted after he got deep into his Colostrum regimen. I would like to be able to eat and drink (mainly alcohol) whatever I want again and not get worried about which food is breaking me out. It would also solve the underlying reason as to why foods break me out instead of trying to continually test out exactly what foods are breaking me out

The brand I am taking is MaxLife Colostrum 50IgG Bovine 250mg chewable tablets. Everyone on the Nutrition board has grabbed the powdered form online but because there was only one crap powdered form brand with 40IgG available (after searching 2 stores) and being more expensive I decided to get the chewable form. It says to take 2 to 4 chewable tablets 3 times a day. I'll start off with 2 tonight and see how I go before deciding to up the dosage.

Btw i've finished my bottle of MSM so im replacing that with Colostrum.

Thanks for reading...

Edited by DireStraits

Guest DireStraits

21DC Cloudy Day.

So last night I took 2 x 250mg Colostrum chewables with my roast beef and vegey dinner. This morning I woke up with 2 very small whiteheads and one mildly inflamed whitehead. The last time I got these sort of whiteheads was back when I was consuming dairy. Dairy the majority of the time breaks me out in whiteheads and I haven't had many of them since I cut it out from my diet.

I also took two 250mg chewables again this morning with my lamb sandwich breakfast.

Im just wondering if this is an 'initial breakout' because thats what i've read on Denise's Colostrum thread. The chewables do contain lactose although im not lactose intolerant or anything, I dont get any severe allergic reaction from lactose. Its just that the word lactose has so many negative connotations and I guess im edging towards those feelings when I read the chewables contain lactose.

Anyways

I'll keep updating, thanks for reading.

Edited by DireStraits

Guest DireStraits

26DC Some clouds mostly fine.

First thing, I woke up this morning with no new pimples, this happens from time to time so i'm not going to jump to any conclusions.

Yesterday for Lunch I had a tuna sandwich with lettuce and tomato along with 3 250mg Colostrum chewables. Last night for dinner I had two plates of steak with a side of vegetables being peas, carrots, broccoli, baked potato and pumpkin. I took 3 250mg Colostrum tablets with the meal (I was hungry). So my dosage yesterday was 2gs Colostrum..heh and I read some dude is taking 14g powdered form...not sure what to make of that.

This morning for breakfast I had a roast beef sandwich (brown bread) with lettuce, tomato, carrot and beetroot along with 3 250mg chewables. For lunch I had another sandwich (again brown bread) with turkey, lettuce and carrot-along with 3 250mg chewables.

Yer...nothing much to add. Oh the cyst on my chin is pretty stubborn, its still there but its drying out very slowly. I might go for a swim tonight a let the chlorine kill the bastard because its been there way too long for my liking.

Thanks for reading.

Guest DireStraits

31 DC 49% Humidity. Hot day!

Ok, so far so good with the Colostrum. I dont want to say this is a miracle supplement or anything like that but things are looking on the upside since day 1. I've upped my dosage of chewables to 3g and I think i'll go further to 4gs soon.

I've had 2 barely noticeable new pimples since the initial breakout. One of them because I've been eating bread the last 3 days. I had this big mofo of a white bread for my sandwich as well, usually I would have got an inflamed pimple but I only got a tiny small zit. I still have inactive pimples that are healing from before trying the Colostrum as well, they're fkn annoying they should piss off already, even the cyst on my chin (also inactive) is still there but slowly drying out. I don't think they're healing as quick because i'm still not getting a solid amount of sleep. Another thing is my skin feels a bit smoother than before.

Atm im thinking of buying the powdered form of Colostrum because thats what Denise and most of the others are using. I was just being cautious when I initially bought the chewable form of Colostrum because it was cheaper but now since im seeing some decent results i'll add the powdered form soon.

Im still taking my zinc and fish oil btw, which I took before I started Colostrum anyway.

I think i might toggle between my log and the Colostrum log when posting my progress on Colostrum.

Thanks for reading

Guest DireStraits

31DC 38% Humidity.

I just thought i'd pop in for a quick update on my chewable colostrum use.

So far

-my skin feels smoother

-some of my pores have shrunk

-I have to put a bit more effort to release my stools but I still go 2 times a day.

In terms of my acne

-spots have minimised

-I seem to be able to cheat a bit more on food containing wheat..i think

I still break out from foods that have been cooked in oil and potatoes but the pimples are a bit smaller.

Things are going OK i guess but still I think there's definite room for improvement and I have to give this way more time.

I've also ordered the symbiotics brand of Colostrum and i'm guessing that will be arriving in 3 weeks maybe, so in the meantime I have to settle with my chewables (~4g day) and chlorine when going swimming.

Just a side note before I started taking colostrum i noticed that I was beginning to break out from carrots, wtf? I still get that tingling feeling in my moustache area (because that where im breaking out from them) whenever I eat carrots but the pimples aren't as big as before I was taking the chewables, but its something that has perplexed me. It's summer here in Aus and the weather definitely plays a role in my acne and this is something that bothers me. During the winter time btw I was able to eat carrots with no fkn problem, I was also able to put a small amount of mushroom sauce or gravy (both containing dairy) on my roasts or steaks and not break out from them but during the summer I can't.... uggg what gives?

I should just leave it at that.

Thanks for reading