Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
starseed84

Recommendations - Need new BCP after Diane-35

Hello,

I've been on Diane-35 for years, it's been lovely, but now I need a more reliable birth control pill, so I'm looking to switch from Diane-35 to something else. I've taken Yaz before, nightmare, terrible breakouts. I've read more negative reviews for Loestrin-24 than positive ones. Anyone have recommendations for a pill that may work after having success on Diane-35? I've also tried Ortho-lo before, without great results. I was thinking regular Ortho-tri-cyclen? The only thing that makes me hesitant is that I would end up with the same results as I had with Yaz because both pills have similar ingredients. And I feel like there aren't many more options anyway! Words of advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

i take Valette. mainly got it for starting roaccutane, and to control my breakouts. its been great for me. i did a lot of research on the net to compare ingredients, and its different to most of them. i was on brenda previously and it didn't really work for me.

hope that was helpful!

i take Valette. mainly got it for starting roaccutane, and to control my breakouts. its been great for me. i did a lot of research on the net to compare ingredients, and its different to most of them. i was on brenda previously and it didn't really work for me.

hope that was helpful!

Hmm, thanks for the suggestions, but don't think we have those pills in the states, as I've never heard of them! Seems to me like we don't have a ton of options here at all...boo...

hope that was helpful!

Hmm, thanks for the suggestions, but don't think we have those pills in the states, as I've never heard of them! Seems to me like we don't have a ton of options here at all...boo...

http://www.by-choice-not-chance.com/script...00_03_01_02.php

thats information on Valette. it'll probably b under another name in the states.

Brenda, which i used to be on, was another name for Diane-35.

Hope that was a little more helpful! they have soooo many different names, its hard to keep up!

PS. Roaccutane = Accutane.. not sure if uv heard of it. its not a birth control pill, but an anti-acne medication. i had to be on a BCP during the time i took it.

I think you should give loestrin24 fe a try. My friend has taken it for 1 year now and it has cleared her face up. I had a gyno appt. on Mon. and my Dr. prescribed me loestrin24 fe, since I have irregular periods, and acne. She said that it is not prone to weight gain, which is really good since most bcp cause weight gain. As always, what works for one girl, might not work for the other. Good Luck!!

ortho tri cyclen and yaz dont have similar ingredients at all! OTC has 35mg estrogen and is tri phasic ( more progesterone each week). yaz has 20mg estrogen so thats a big difference. i went off diane on to OTC at it was great for the first 2 weeks, but the third week doasge reaked havok on my skin : ( Yaz or yasmin is supposed to be the next best thing - i would reccommend yasmin because it has 30mg estrogen as is closer to diane 35 that way, ive read studies that have said over 6 cycles its just as effective as diane. i was on diane for 4 years and just switched to yasmin, i am breaking out quite a bit but i hope its just an IB and will resolve in a few more months, good luck!