Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ericxcore

good ways to completely cover acne?

i am a guy, but over the past year i've basically developed an addiction to using concealer. it wasn't bad at all at first, but my skins gotten worse and worse, and now it takes me about 2 hours every morning to cover my skin. but i do want to say i do a DAMN good job at it. you cant tell at all. but i'm a teenager, and i'm tired. does anyone know of a super fast way to cover up pimples completely or a super amazing concealer to use? right now i'm using a combination of Covergirl Fresh Complexion and Maybeline 24 hour Super Stay.

it actually helps me a lot.

it keeps me from picking at my skin

and it really doesn't affect me at all during that day.

most of my breakouts happen at night

that doesn't stop you from consulting a derm

you could always wear makeup while taking antibiotics or w/e he prescribes you

Currently I also use Maybelline 24hr Super Stay foundation and that by itself. If you get a really good liquid foundation, there is no reason to set it with a powder. It just depends if the makeup will last long on your face without one. I choose not to use one because powder personally makes my skin so terribly oily when I use it so I opt for the foundation alone and it does a great job. I also do not like to put a lot of makeup on my face all at once. Here is some information that was passed along to me regarding makeup and acne.

http://www.acne.org/blog/2009/04/27/makeup-if-you-must/

I'm not sure about a great concealer although I hear Make Up Forever has a great product called HD Foundation. I am going to try this out soon because I hear it makes your skin look flawless. Sometimes if you find a foundation that matches your skin almost perfectly, you can apply that all over and it can cover your acne/blemishes while giving you one smooth skin tone. It just depends on your skin and its best to find a routine that works best for you. It only takes me 15min to put on my makeup and that's full coverage and no one can ever tell I'm wearing any because I go for the naked look. May I ask why it takes you 2 hours to just put on powder and foundation?

Edited by Kid_Cudder

there is no quick fix for acne so if doxycycline doesn't work out for you

maybe move on to another more powerful treatment? accutane maybe?

nonono its not bad enough to need accutane.

and its not powder and foundation,

its concealer.

i sit for 2 hours covering everything with a concealer stick

its a lot harder than it sounds

I don't know anything about concealer sorry

But i'm just wondering why would you want to cover it and not actually fight the source of your acne?

nonono its not bad enough to need accutane.

and its not powder and foundation,

its concealer.

i sit for 2 hours covering everything with a concealer stick

its a lot harder than it sounds

Oh ok. Yes applying concealer with that small applicator can be very tedious. Perhaps you could try Maybelline's Dream Mousse Concealer and that way you can use a brush or sponge to apply it and that will cut down A LOT of time. Or you could also use CoverGirls stick form concealer with a sponge or brush as well to cut down the time it takes for you to apply.

guys who use concealer and foundation are the coolest.

i say that cos i use it lol.

one time, though, this bitch goes are you wearing foundation?! and i just replied are you gross even without acne?!

it was lolz.

Try tanning works wonders my friend.

guys who use concealer and foundation are the coolest.

i say that cos i use it lol.

one time, though, this bitch goes are you wearing foundation?! and i just replied are you gross even without acne?!

it was lolz.

Look up BB Cream on google. It's supposed to cover your blemishes and heal acne scars while acting as a make-up.