Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rynie

What caused this?

The other day I felt a burgeoning pimple on my left lower cheek, right after my shower. After using AHA religiously I had been pimplefree for weeks so kinda depressing. So I decided that I was gonna do everything in my power to stop the pimple in its tracks.

After AHA all over, on the spot:

I iced it.

BP-ed it.

Dermawanded (Oxy-light) it.

Applied a tiny plaster over it.

Did this a second time the next day. Also went out in the sun, but applied sunscreen. Area where I put BP on become redder as expected.

By the third the pimple could be popped. I did that. Sun and sunscreen again. Even redder area.

Then on the fourth day area becomes dryer.

IN a few days a scab forms.

After the scab falls off, obvious discoloration of the area, not just where the pimple was. The area is the size of a dime.

I left the area alone, kept putting AHAs as per norm, plus selective sunscreen on the area... but it's now a month and the area is still discolored.

Thoughts?

I'm guessing sunburn, but it shouldn't take this long to fade right?

The area is exactly from the bp application, so I'm guessing it's actually hyperpigmentation... lame cause I went pretty liberal with the sunscreen -- so I really thought it was just a bp burn; saw a thread a while back that it progresses like red, scab, then clear skin immediately after scab...

But my scab is gone and now it's pretty discolored... :(

I'm guessing sunburn, but it shouldn't take this long to fade right?

The area is exactly from the bp application, so I'm guessing it's actually hyperpigmentation... lame cause I went pretty liberal with the sunscreen -- so I really thought it was just a bp burn; saw a thread a while back that it progresses like red, scab, then clear skin immediately after scab...

But my scab is gone and now it's pretty discolored... :(

Aye. So do you think it will heal over? Any tips for fading? Should I treat it as I would PIH?

Thanks for your replies, I'm actually mildly concerned about it and your responses have calmed me some :)

No problem. I actually did this to myself on my chin :( its still there but slowly fading. And yeah, I'm treating mine as PIH. Just try to be gentle to that area to avoid burning it more.