Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
see a derm

Trying to do Accutane without Insurance.

*moderator edit*

Im gonna go to my derm soon, she mentioned accutane because oral atibiotics and topicas had failed, so im thinking shell prescribe it. My acne is mildly moderate, but its so persistant even though sometimes it looks "okay" most of the time it looks pretty bad. Im just tired of wasting my time on antibiotics and topicals spending all that time in the bathroom for nothing. My skin is my biggest worry, its on my mind all the time.

My question to you all is, should i go on accutane, even though my acne isnt "severe" and almost all of my pay check will be going towards accutane?

My other question is, are people with milder acne less prone to a severe initial breakout? I would have such a hard time going to work for a few months with horrible break outs.

I have had mild acne since I was probably 12 (I'm 20 now) and have tried various products and prescriptions. I just started the generic form of accutane and I've been on it for about 15 days now. I had a small initial break out but nothing compared to what some people's acne usually looks like. Honestly, I am happy I started accutane. Acne was just such a big bummer to live with and I'm hoping it clears up so it will be one less thing I have to stress about.

well if you really have tried every other route and nothing worked and you are focused on your skin problems all the time i would say you should go on it. accutane is really expensive but its only for 6 months..i managed to do it wthout insurance. if you have mild acne most likely your acne will never come back either..it seems like people wth more severe acne have to do atleast 2 courses for it to have lasting results. i think you should do it.

Ah : ) im very pleased to see some response. Honestly, im sick of my skin, i had a good..about 5 months of clear skin thanks to minocycline...and life was really so good, everything was so much simpler and brighter haha, i never dreaded going out. So ya i think im ready to take the big step towards accutane. Ill probably go on a low dose treatment. Im about 5'10-11 and weigh around 120-125 lbs, what do you thik i would go on? 10, 20..etc. Also how long would i stay on the drug?

Thanks again, you guys are really so much help :D

I'm doing Accutane w/o Rx. In the past I went to a doc to get it but since I know its effect on me and I do get bloodwork on my own, I feel comfortable being my own doc. It costs me $250/yr for 10mg/day treatment. I don't recommend women do this or first-timers or people who don't have the discipline or patience to stick through the IB or get their own bloodwork done

Edited by InTheEye

woaaahh wooaahh wooaaah. You should NEVER order any meds without a prescription. Most of the so called medications out there could contain things that can harm you or just contain nothing. That's a very bad choice.

Ah : ) im very pleased to see some response. Honestly, im sick of my skin, i had a good..about 5 months of clear skin thanks to minocycline...and life was really so good, everything was so much simpler and brighter haha, i never dreaded going out. So ya i think im ready to take the big step towards accutane. Ill probably go on a low dose treatment. Im about 5'10-11 and weigh around 120-125 lbs, what do you thik i would go on? 10, 20..etc. Also how long would i stay on the drug?

Thanks again, you guys are really so much help :D

im hoping i dont get a horrible IB, ah that would suck. So for mildish acne, is 20 mg a good dose? should i go lower or higher? i weigh 125 lbs

oh!, one final question. Once again my derm will tell me what to do ultimately, but im currently on doxycycline (been on it for about 3 months) do they sometimes keep you on antibiotics to combat the Ib...I was trying to do some research on Antibiotics while on Accutane but couldnt find much. I guess theres a slight chance of brain swelling : / but i see some derms doing it.. I defineitly dont want brain swelling.

I would say try to get the product from one of those canadian drug stores online.

I know there are some legit ones so find one! You will still need to do the Ipledge and bloodwork tho.

You might even be able to get Roche (not sure, I am actually canadian so I get roche)