Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ulzzang

If everyone thinks masturbation causes acne...

Or, if you just believe ejaculation can impact acne in people with already marginal anti-oxidant levels due to zinc loss causing a decrease in levels of zinc superoxide dismutase, then just pop a zinc pill and go on your way.

My friends jags off 20 times a day and his face is like a baby's bottom.

I'm not saying that I agree with this. Just wondering why they say masturbation and not sex in general. Wondering how it differs.

Just wondering why they say

"they" also say that global warming is a myth and vaccines cause autism. I'm gonna go with: "they" are superstitious gits just waiting for natural selection to remove them from the gene pool. :D

masturbation does and doesn't

just like everything else, like food, and wine, and sugar, and junk.

The point is to enjoy these things and still not get acne.. this is what you must achieve.

There are people out there with strong skin and balanced hormones, and they drink massive amounts of alcohol and have sex like evrrday.. heck I never thought Id llive like 1-2 years ago when I had acne. And now I don't have pimples except for.. wait its gone. =]

see what i mean, read no further, just go to a another thread. go NOW, this is atleast the 8th time I've seen a thread like this... and thats not exagerating.

Edited by solothink

masturbation does and doesn't

just like everything else, like food, and wine, and sugar, and junk.

The point is to enjoy these things and still not get acne.. this is what you must achieve.

There are people out there with strong skin and balanced hormones, and they drink massive amounts of alcohol and have sex like evrrday.. heck I never thought Id llive like 1-2 years ago when I had acne. And now I don't have pimples except for.. wait its gone. =]

see what i mean, read no further, just go to a another thread. go NOW, this is atleast the 8th time I've seen a thread like this... and thats not exagerating.

I wish you had understood me and my question being why do they say its just from masturbation, why don't they include sex as well?

I was wondering the same thing! I would think that the same hormones would be released from masturbation and sex. I think that there may be some link between orgasms and acne, but whether the orgasm results from masturbation or sex I think is irrelevant.

I also have a theory about masturbation/sex and acne... Maybe the more you do it, the better, since doing it, say, twice a week (hey, I'm a girl, I know guys are usually different!) would cause a spike in hormones that dropped after that... Doing it more might stabilize the hormone levels, perhaps?

I'm in AP Biology, but we haven't gotten around to this good stuff yet, so I could be completely wrong with this idea. It seems to be the case with me though! :P

I was wondering the same thing! I would think that the same hormones would be released from masturbation and sex. I think that there may be some link between orgasms and acne, but whether the orgasm results from masturbation or sex I think is irrelevant.

I also have a theory about masturbation/sex and acne... Maybe the more you do it, the better, since doing it, say, twice a week (hey, I'm a girl, I know guys are usually different!) would cause a spike in hormones that dropped after that... Doing it more might stabilize the hormone levels, perhaps?

I'm in AP Biology, but we haven't gotten around to this good stuff yet, so I could be completely wrong with this idea. It seems to be the case with me though! :P

I'm glad you actually get what I'm asking!

ahahahaha...if sex causes acne then all the non virgins would have acne which is totally false

You've misunderstood. Just because sex (or at least the large hormonal changes caused by sex) can cause your acne to get worse it does not automatically equate to a cause. This is a logical fallacy, though a common one.

See here for a more thorough explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_d...imply_causation

I find this link very strange too.

We are primates most closely linked to chimpanzees i think and from my limited knowledge i believe in many primate societies you tend to get a dominant male who basically does most of the reproducing, so you would think it strange that the thing that basically the strongest members of our species do, the most, would lead to an evolutionary disadvantage?