Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hunta

Im starting a no picking squeezing for now on quest today

Ive been suffering from squeezing my zits for years, and yesterday was the last straw. I completely destroyed my perfectly clear healing face by picking it and I have left myself with about 100 red scabs all ver my face now. I don't wanna go out in public, or be seen by anyone, I don't even wanna look in the mirror, it sickens me.

Today ive decided to stop forever, everyday I will post an update on how im doing morning to night, help me out, and please give me advice. Thanks

This morning, I did not touch my face, and tonight its 9, and i have still not touched my face.

Edited by Hunta

Just hours sense i last posted iv developed a big red juicy pimple on my jaw.. I must.. not.. pop it..

Gah... this is so hard.. ):

Morning.

Looked at my face, had my fingers around a pimple in a popping formation, stopped for a few seconds, then jerked my self away from the mirror.

So far, I have yet to mess with my face what so ever.

I thought a hot shower and a light face scrub would help the cuts heal, but i couldn't have been more wrong. My cuts were a little raw and got kinda irritated by it.

Not gonna do that again.

But for today i have still have yet to touch my face, and my face is getting better slowly but surly.

I however am in a bad mood and extremely mad at myself for what i did just days ago.

Best solution is to put yourself in an environment or take up an activity that makes you forget about your acne cause you're just too damn busy doing whatever it is that you do.

What worked for me is... Saying to myself that "I'll not pick my skin" several times a day. Try it!

Edited by Adi_Nayak

Just keep thinking YOU'RE GOING TO REGRET THIS LATER.

Picking= spreading bacteria, MAJOR SCARRING.

Don't just don't. I know it's tempting but you gotta stop man.

I can live w/whiteheads 'n not picking when I'm at home, unnnntil I have to leave the house, go to school, see friends. That's what kills me.

It's kinda an instant satisfcation when I pick cuz it kinda goes away for a minute and then right after I regret doing it cuz I know there's a consequence and if I did it wrong it'll turn white again w/in the next hour or so

Edited by Geeking

i suffer from this. i pick like a mad man even lookin in the mirror doing it saying to myself, why am i still picking? i know it leaves me looking like an idiot. i hate myself for it.

like you said i drew the last straw when i wrecked my forehead. now i am not picking or squeezing. unless it is ridiculously about to pop as in you could brush a tissue over it and it would go.

i found and read this. its long... but was worth the read http://www.stoppickingonme.com/