Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
humate

Old scars - what course of action now?

Hi All,

I had very bad cystic acne as a teenager, which has left me with some scars that i'd like to do something about. It's now 10 years since I finished using roaccutane (time flys!), and I don't suffer from new break outs anymore, so I think I should be looking to fix the scars I have remaining.

Not sure what to do - have researched lots of options to death, natural options like Rosehip oil, Bio Oil etc.. Also private professional treatments. I have booked a consultation at a private clinic to get their view (I expect it to be slightly biased of course), but would also like the opinion of other members on here who have more knowledge than I!

Here are some pictures of me today (I do also have pictures of me 10 years ago, but i'd rather not look at them!). Just like some comments on what I should be doing with these types of scars.

Ok side:

17112009114.jpg

Worse side:

17112009117.jpg

Thanks guys

Edited by humate

Don't be fooled by all these creams people advertise, non of this stuff will make you grow missing skin. You will have to persue actual treatments.

Edited by Scars4Life