Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amic13

About to start YAZ birth control for acne management

I'm 25, and about to start a couple new things to help combat my awful acne... if you can shed any light on either of them please do- I appreciate any input or experiences you can share!

First: switching to YAZ birth control from Seasonal (which has been like any other run of the mill bc pill)... I am hoping this will help me manage my skin- I dont need it for any other reason. I have heard some horror stories, but at this point I suppose I am willing to sacrifice my easy-going temperment for clearer skin!

Second: trying the Mary Kay Timewise Miracle skin care set and Mary Kay mineral powder makeup. There are so many different skin care regimens, and it seems like I have tried them all... maybe this will be a winner.

Thanks for any input you might have!!!

Hey! I also attempted to control my acne with a birth control about 5 months ago. I started with moderate but annoying pimples...started on ortho-tri cyclen bc and then within a week or so, my face exploded in nasty CYSTS, which usually are hormonal anyways. i would get these nasty bubbles that were extremely painful. id get them by my mouth, it looked like i had an std. it was terrible. it will take a while for the BCP to actually help your face. I am 5 months in and its finally starting to help...of course, it would start helping right as i get accutane.

I am on my first period w/ accutane + bcp and I got 1 nasty cyst on my cheek bone.

but 1 nasty pimple is a helll of a lot better than a facefull.

best advice, give it some time.

YAZ is fda approved for helping "mild - moderate" acne, not severe.

i developed depression because my face got so bad.

but hey, at least u can have sex w/o gettin prego :dance:

good luck!

if it dont work by 5 months,

either switch pills or go on accutane :)

Thanks for replying! I actually did accutane for an extended period of time, after high school and my early college years... I dont remember how great it was, just that it made my hair very soft and silky (a plus, but not a reason to try it haha).

Since not being on the pill is def. NOT an option for a girl who doesnt want kids at 25- I figured I might as well try Yaz... what's there to lose you know?? I would say my acne is not severe, more moderate and consistent- truly annoying and depressing!

Best of luck to you with accutane- I hope it is the cure you are looking for!

Hey! I tried Yaz last year for my acne (I'm 24), and it helped somewhat, but not much. Definitely not enough for the side effects I had, ranging from weekly severe headaches (like 18hrs+ of pain), acid reflux, and anxiety. They all started slowly around when I started taking it and I didn't even realize it could cause all that, but they have stopped since I went off it.

So my advice is to watch for any changes in other aspects of your health to make sure you aren't having any crazy side effects!

YAZ gets the thumbs-up from me. It helped clear up my cystic acne in about three months. I still get a breakout every now and then, but nothing severe. I haven't experienced any side-effects, so I recommend YAZ.

I would also add some Omega-3 pills to your diet. It helps a lot with acne and inflammation/irritation caused by acne. Good stuff for the skin!!

Sam

I start it on Sunday... and I wont lie, I am pretty nervous. I am just going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that it works for me- but nothing else has so I am not sure why I'm hopeful. If it doesnt work, I am going to try Accutane yet again... I hope your course with it goes well!

I start it on Sunday... and I wont lie, I am pretty nervous. I am just going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that it works for me- but nothing else has so I am not sure why I'm hopeful. If it doesnt work, I am going to try Accutane yet again... I hope your course with it goes well!

thank you :) i hope yaz works for you as well!

I'm 25, and about to start a couple new things to help combat my awful acne... if you can shed any light on either of them please do- I appreciate any input or experiences you can share!

First: switching to YAZ birth control from Seasonal (which has been like any other run of the mill bc pill)... I am hoping this will help me manage my skin- I dont need it for any other reason. I have heard some horror stories, but at this point I suppose I am willing to sacrifice my easy-going temperment for clearer skin!

Second: trying the Mary Kay Timewise Miracle skin care set and Mary Kay mineral powder makeup. There are so many different skin care regimens, and it seems like I have tried them all... maybe this will be a winner.

Thanks for any input you might have!!!

So, YAZ is a dangerous drug. Do not take it. There are alot of law suits going on right now for people who have been injured or have died from yaz. It can cause a whole series of problems. Look up goldwater law firm lawsuit on yaz. This drug isnt something you should take lightly. I would take spirolactanone before i took yaz. Thats my two cents.