Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello...

I've asked about this before, but I just wanted to see a few more opinions, experiences, and answers. Currently I take Yaz, which has dramatically cleared up my skin (it's basically perfect now.) I also use Tazorac and Aczone. My only problem is that I hate being on birth control and want to stop taking it. Is it inevitable that I'll have a horrible relapse once quitting Yaz? My skin has a history of being great and then being horrible, alternating over the years on its own. I'm 20 years old, so I'm not sure if I'm "too old" for my teenage acne or not. I've been on Yaz for probably about 9 or 10 months now.

Thanks!

I am about to start Yaz, so I dont have much to say in regards to that (I am glad you have had such a positive experience with it, by the way!)- but I'd like to know what you think of Tazorac? It has been years since I used it, but I remember it being fairly effective. It might be something I start using again as an overnight 'on-the-spot' treatment. Any advice?

I am about to start Yaz, so I dont have much to say in regards to that (I am glad you have had such a positive experience with it, by the way!)- but I'd like to know what you think of Tazorac? It has been years since I used it, but I remember it being fairly effective. It might be something I start using again as an overnight 'on-the-spot' treatment. Any advice?

Well, honestly, I started using Tazorac after staring Yaz, so I'm not sure what it has actually done for my skin. I do believe that it has helped with some of my scarring. I don't think it's meant to be a spot treatment, though, because my dermatologist explained to me that it takes a long time to become effective. I am hoping that it is enough to keep me clear after quitting the pill, though! And good luck to you as well!