Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Drizzler

A New Whey Isolate to Try

I feel like I have been seeing a lot more weightlifting/bodybuilding posts recently, so I thought I'd post this.

I've been using the NOW brand whey isolate for months now and love it. It has been a crucial component of my overall lifestyle/diet overhaul.

I recently discovered a brand called Muscle Gauge Nutrition, I think they are pretty new company. I just ordered a couple of tubs of their whey isolate (they also have a concentrate and a blend). The ingredients are only: pure whey isolate, natural+artificial flavor, xanthan gum and stevia. There are a ton of flavors to choose from, I got cake batter and cinnamon bun. I tried the cake batter and OMG it is incredible. They are having an insane deal at http://www.muscleandstrength.com/store/man...-nutrition.html

They are out of stock of a bunch of them right now, but I talked to their customer service and hey are getting a new shipment this week. This stuff is killer!

Been using MGN for a few months, and I love it.

Tastes fantastic, pretty decent profile and very inexpensive.

Tried chocolate, chocolate mint, strawberry and ice cream sandwich (which is cookies and cream, and gets bland after a while in water), and they're all delicious

Small tubs, I'll stick to Bodybuilding.com (I prefer to support them anyway), but if someone wants to make a bulk order and save money (like 25lbs of one flavor), eBay is dirt cheap.

Edited by Jërëmÿn

Been using MGN for a few months, and I love it.

Tastes fantastic, pretty decent profile and very inexpensive.

Tried chocolate, chocolate mint, strawberry and ice cream sandwich (which is cookies and cream, and gets bland after a while in water), and they're all delicious

Small tubs, I'll stick to Bodybuilding.com (I prefer to support them anyway), but if someone wants to make a bulk order and save money (like 25lbs of one flavor), eBay is dirt cheap.

Nice find!!! Similar to jayrobb ingredient.

Way cheaper...

$60 vs $130 jay robb

Vanilla out of stock :(

I am going to wait

Go on Bodybuilding.com and order a couple of flavors instead.

Just use the 10% off code, which you can find if you do a search on the forum. It will only come out to like 3 or 4 bucks more than the other site

since whey is a protein isolate derived from a dairy source, and the fact that most protein supplements then add sugar, sweeteners etc.. then if your drinking 3 per day...

I found one made by a company called "reflex", all natural whey no artificial colours sweeteners or preservatives per 25g you get 19.5 grams of protein!

plus it contains pro biotics to help your digestive system and overall health plus it helps the transportation of proteins to be absorbed.

i bought the chocolate flavour and yeah you can tell by its taste that its pure.

not as tasty as all the others but at least its "clean" in some respects

Edited by want2beme

Eddie - If you like vanilla you should try the cake batter flavor - it's amazing! Yeah the Jay Robb is definitely really high quality with the grass-fed cows and all. Ideal, but definitely out of my price range. Miracle Whey is another company that uses grass-fed also.

Want2beme - I think it pretty much goes without saying that if you are avoiding dairy you wouldn't take whey protein... The muscle gauge is sweetened with stevia also, some of the reflex types have sucralose. (The all natural doesn't though)

Edited by Drizzler

Go on Bodybuilding.com and order a couple of flavors instead.

Just use the 10% off code, which you can find if you do a search on the forum. It will only come out to like 3 or 4 bucks more than the other site

Can you shoot me a coupon code? I cant even find one on google

DeAntonio - keep checking that first site too, the cust. serv. guy said they were getting a big new shipment at the end of this week! I am going to get another 4x 2lb bundle just to try a bunch of different flavors. I can confirm though - the cake better is heaven!

Packerfan - yeah a buddy of mine who's a trainer advocates the isopure too- good profile, but I don't necessarily like all the added vitamins and minerals and such. I know they have been doing an insane deal at vitaminshoppe.com on the isopure for a while now though.

I love this muscle gauge stuff, because it has zero carbs/sugars, but is still sweet and delicious (stevia). A good whey isolate for me is a crucial aspect of my diet- high quality protein with no carbs that I can pretty much eat whenever. I love adding some to nuts and yogurt, making a sort of "slurry" - most excellent with the cake batter too.

Edited by Drizzler

any idea how much sugar is in this? It doesnt say on the site... Im a little suspect, wondering if I should just go with an unflavored although I would LOVE to get some flavored, would be a lot more appealing and I wouldnt mind using a few scoops as a meal replacement

Edited by DeAntonio

I might try this new whey protein soon but I want to know what's the different between non grass-fed cow and grass-fed cow .... I know that it doesn't have any effect on acne but may be bad for health? or something...?

This whey protein is very cheap so I might switch to this. :X

Almost everything is out of stock..... The price will increase soon. :\

Edited by EddieE

I might try this new whey protein soon but I want to know what's the different between non grass-fed cow and grass-fed cow .... I know that it doesn't have any effect on acne but may be bad for health? or something...?

This whey protein is very cheap so I might switch to this. :X

Almost everything is out of stock..... The price will increase soon. :\

Just the omega 6 to 3 ratio

Yeah I know when it comes to actually eating the cows, the difference between grass-fed and non grass-fed is pretty huge. And the grass-fed cows are generally treated better and can wander around pastures and such. I am sure there is a difference with their milks too, but since its a pure isolate it might not matter, because all of the things that would be different between the two have been taking out anyway. But then again I really don't know. I'll continue to drink my non-grass-fed whey and eat my grass-fed beef.

Been hearing lots of good things about this whey isolate and been meaning to try it but for now im pretty sure i'll stick with my optimum whey until im sure im cleared to switch

Yeah like I said the artifical flavors are important here... look up splenda not only on here, google also and it causes a lot of problems for many people

Im just going with the unflavored... after all my diet changes ive become accustomed to bland foods anyway

LOL fail I just realized that the cake batter one has stevia in it.

Blah.. Im still a little suspect, I know whey concentrates break me out but I know a lot of people who break out from them but not isolates. I want to order it but IDK :(

Do you drink milk or does it give you issues?

Edited by DeAntonio

I don't drink milk... I do eat organic yogurt and organic cultured cottage cheese though. I feel like drinking straight milk does give me issues, but I definitely don't have problems with a good isolate.

I have been drinking a whey isolate almost every day since like May or so.

You know to be quite honest, I feel that for me including some dairy in my diet everyday has helped me tremendously in many aspects. But like I said I really only ever eat cultured dairy. My issue with milk goes beyond the hormone issue. I think pasteurized + homogenized milk is stupid, it's a dead food, and not good for you. But yogurt and cultured dairy has been brought back to life and has huge health benefits. Hell I'd probably drink raw milk every day if I had a good source of it.

I don't drink milk... I do eat organic yogurt and organic cultured cottage cheese though. I feel like drinking straight milk does give me issues, but I definitely don't have problems with a good isolate.

I have been drinking a whey isolate almost every day since like May or so.

You know to be quite honest, I feel that for me including some dairy in my diet everyday has helped me tremendously in many aspects. But like I said I really only ever eat cultured dairy. My issue with milk goes beyond the hormone issue. I think pasteurized + homogenized milk is stupid, it's a dead food, and not good for you. But yogurt and cultured dairy has been brought back to life and has huge health benefits. Hell I'd probably drink raw milk every day if I had a good source of it.

You know, I used to drink heavy cream & I cant recall if it was breaking me out or not. I know that it's pasteurized but its not homogenized, also its basically free of lactose, casein and milk proteins. You drink any heavy cream?