Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
emperornext

milk thisle and dandelion root

i want to strengthen my liver so i am thinkin of takin milk thisle and dandelion root. how long do u guys recommend takin this stuff?

i kno others have said not to take it for too long of a time, so how long is too long.

IMHO, any effect of milk thistle on acne is by killing flora in the gut, nothing to do with the liver. T'were true, you would be better off taking the poison in advance of a meal, rather than with or (probably useless) after -- especially meals containing the worst of the FODMAP carbs (especially fructose).

Guest DireStraits
IMHO, any effect of milk thistle on acne is by killing flora in the gut, nothing to do with the liver. T'were true, you would be better off taking the poison in advance of a meal, rather than with or (probably useless) after -- especially meals containing the worst of the FODMAP carbs (especially fructose).

This may explain why I kept getting large inflammed cysts in my pore region when I was taking milk THISTLE. The day after I took it I always felt a painful pimple coming along and I knew it had to be the milk thistle.

Seriously my experience with milk thistle was shit, I took it cause I bought into this bs notion that somehow acne is the result of impaired liver function.

Worst bit is the brown marks left after the pimples have gone away.

ugghh!! sorry for the rant