Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
queengreen

Soy & Acne - My Experience

Hey guys, new to the board and I had to spread the news.

So about a year ago, I got a new job and around the same time, I started eating soy yogurt because I am mildly lactose intolerant (yes I'm weird). Anyways, for the past year, I have had ridiculous acne breakouts that I haven't had since I was in high school. I could not figure out what it was, I tried everything to help it, but the sides of my cheeks and my chin were just terrible.

Last week, I was sitting at my desk and just opened a new cup of soy yogurt when I realized, what if it was soy??? So I looked online (dunno why I didn't realize this before) and found out all this info on soy causing acne breakouts due to an allergic reaction.

So I put down the spoon and stopped eating soy. It's been a week and my face is almost 100% cleared up. So if you eat anything with a good amount of soy in it and have acne, I would suggest a trial run of not eating it and see how it works out.

:clap:

Guest DireStraits
Hey guys, new to the board and I had to spread the news.

So about a year ago, I got a new job and around the same time, I started eating soy yogurt because I am mildly lactose intolerant (yes I'm weird). Anyways, for the past year, I have had ridiculous acne breakouts that I haven't had since I was in high school. I could not figure out what it was, I tried everything to help it, but the sides of my cheeks and my chin were just terrible.

Last week, I was sitting at my desk and just opened a new cup of soy yogurt when I realized, what if it was soy??? So I looked online (dunno why I didn't realize this before) and found out all this info on soy causing acne breakouts due to an allergic reaction.

So I put down the spoon and stopped eating soy. It's been a week and my face is almost 100% cleared up. So if you eat anything with a good amount of soy in it and have acne, I would suggest a trial run of not eating it and see how it works out.

:clap:

Thanks for the suggestion.

I too have my suspicions about soy, ever since I started eating soy-lin bread i've had these irregular inflammed whiteheads which is unusual because after taking zinc most of the inflammation on my face has subsided big time.

I read somewhere that it's actually good for you, anyway i'll probably cut this out for like a week and see what happens.

Edited by DireStraits

i have heard that eating soy can aggrivate acne. but i have also heard it is good in face washes and lotions. ag so confusing!!