Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Im Roshan

what to look for in a moisturizer

hi guys,

what am i to look for when buying a moisturizer?

just bought Garnier - Aqua Defense, getting a burning/sting feeling after i put it on (10mins after BP). im on my 3rd day of the regimen.

is it normal? was previously using a different moisturizer. changed as it was too greasy. (did not sting). current moisturizer has fruit water (anti-oxidant) and vitamin E. cant find what else is in it.

if someone could tell me what to look out or avoid for in a moisturizer, it would be really helpful.

thanks, :)

You want to find a moisturizing lotion that is made for sensitive skin and is non-comedogenic. If you have oily skin, you may want an oil-free lotion.

Here's our recommended products. http://www.acne.org/findingsupplies.php

You might check the ingredients of those on our list and make some comparisons with what you can find locally.

ok thanks Brandy. :)

1 more question, BP oxidates skin yea? so wont fruit water, (in my current moisturizer) which is anti-oxidant affect BP?

have no idea if the current moisturizer im using (Garnier - Aqua Defense) is non-comedogenic or if its oil free. they only state 2 active ingredients (fruit water and vitamin E). no idea what else is in it. so far been using it for a day and a half. leaves my skin shiny and kinda oily. not sure if its me getting used to it or if it is really oily.

have looked through http://www.acne.org/findingsupplies.php only moisturizer i could find was cetaphil (greasy) and olay (removed zinc oxide) at my local store. so i had to get something else :(

Hmm I notice the Purpose SPF 15 moisturizer is no longer on the recommended moisturizers list. What's the deal?

Additionally, I've had good experiences with Dove SPF 15 moisturizer.

Finally, is Jojoba oil really necessary? I don't have "flakiness" issues and I don't currently use Jojoba oil. I guess it's probably necessary for some people, but I doubt it would make a difference for me.

Hmm I notice the Purpose SPF 15 moisturizer is no longer on the recommended moisturizers list. What's the deal?

Additionally, I've had good experiences with Dove SPF 15 moisturizer.

Finally, is Jojoba oil really necessary? I don't have "flakiness" issues and I don't currently use Jojoba oil. I guess it's probably necessary for some people, but I doubt it would make a difference for me.

jojoba oil isnt really necessary if your skin isnt really flaky, but i use it since my face is so dry.