Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RiseAgainsT

Does anyone hate the mirror as much as I do?

I woke up a few days ago with a breakout around my nose, and just below it. Yesterday it got worse, so many white heads around my mouth. Now today it's not worse than yesterday but it's not better. I don't want to go to the dermatologist or doctor because I dont want anyone to look at me. I'm in my room alone and have been for the past 24 hours. Help me. I broke my phone over the weekend so I can't even call to make a doc's appt. And I don't want my roommates to see me like this. FUCK THIS

lol its sad but i avoid looking at the mirror, except the mirror in my bathroom makes me acne look not that bad but like the mirror in my parents room makes my acne look real bad

yup, mirrors are not good when large breakouts come. I do try and not look but sometimes cant help it :wall: Especailly when at work as I have one right infront of me :doh:

I know the feeling of wanting to enclose yourself so that no-one can see you, but the best thing to do is try and get on with life, no matter how bad it is. If you start getting on with things and interacting with people you seen forget about it. (well untill you see your reflection again) :cry:

Oh my gosh i hate mirrors too. 2 weeks ago I had this wtfbreakdown in the morning because I hate the mirror in the bathroom and I ended up punching it. It didn't break but my parents told me i'm crazy and should go to a therapist.

Ohhh the joys of having parents that don't understand how much acne sucksssss.

edit; rise against! :D<3

Edited by xo_melissa

Wow it's cool that you guys feel the same as I do, not cool that you have to go through it though. I finally went to the doctor, I received minocycline capsules and clindamycin to put on my face. Do you guys know anything about it? Hopefully that helps to clear the breakout over the next few days, before I have to go home for thanksgiving etc. Oh and yeah Rise Against is so sick.

But seriously, you guys help more than you know, the feeling that somebody actually read what I had to say and responded is great. Can't talk to my boys or my girl friends about this shit, I don't really express my negative feelings to anyone, try to keep that positive mask on at all times.

Thanks again

lol its sad but i avoid looking at the mirror, except the mirror in my bathroom makes me acne look not that bad but like the mirror in my parents room makes my acne look real bad

Exactly the same as mine, the mirror on my bathroom doesnt make my acne look that bad but when i go to my parents room dang i feel like just giving up and going back to sleep so discouraging but its good that i dont think of it as much as i did before i usually just go on with my life and dont think about my acne..

I cannot look at my entire face straight at the mirror. I will look at one side of my face at a time. And i will stand further away. And i won't open my eyes all the way, it seems know that i have 20/10 ( thanks to lasik) i can control what i want to see. And i will make my eyes see my skin as good. And then if i open it more i will see more flaws and my red marks and hyperpigmentation and notice i need to put more makeup :(

And i hate those magnifying mirrors.

I woke up a few days ago with a breakout around my nose, and just below it. Yesterday it got worse, so many white heads around my mouth. Now today it's not worse than yesterday but it's not better. I don't want to go to the dermatologist or doctor because I dont want anyone to look at me. I'm in my room alone and have been for the past 24 hours. Help me. I broke my phone over the weekend so I can't even call to make a doc's appt. And I don't want my roommates to see me like this. FUCK THIS

I don't hate the mirror as much as I hate taking pictures! Flash seems to emphasize the worst parts of your face

I don't hate the mirror as much as I hate taking pictures! Flash seems to emphasize the worst parts of your face

so true....but then again pictures for some reason could help so much too, some days i'll be out at a party hating my face then when the pictures come back i'll look 10 times better that what I thought....I think thats no flash with shitty lighting talking

ooo.. pics too. All these new cameras pick up every single imperfection. I miss when we still had film rolls and people bought wind up cameras. My pics in high school are nice, you wouldn't even know i had acne.

when i wake up in the morning, i am nervous to look in the mirror to see what new disasters have developed on my face

I think everyone with acne (any form of acne) has had that "Ewww" moment. But for people like me, and a lot of you out there, I've had many days where I would just sit in front of the mirror and cry :[ I had my "breakdown" just a couple of weeks ago when I spent the night at my parents' house and didn't have my make up. I had to use my mom's old makeup that pretty much has no coverage and I felt like I was walking out of the house naked!!

First post here :dance:

but uh, I am glad I found this forum and I'm not alone!

I have pretty bad acne, I hate waking up and feeling you know you have a whitehead or two or that you'll know they'll turn into whiteheads later in the day.

Mirrors totally blows. Crush your confidence if you have acne, it's so hard to face the day.

One morning I went to school and i had quite a few white heads and big pimples 'n redness [typical] and i went to the ladies room and got a good look and just wanted to go home, i nearly burst into tears in the bathroom.

My reflection is my biggest enemy.

So true guys. I have a mirror in my room thats pretty good so i actually look normal with only the slight darknening on my cheeks by hyperpigmentation. Then when i go to the bathroom mirror it looks awful :doh:

It seems like the top down lights are best for mirror use, not the lights that are right on a mirror and beam into your face.

I hate magnifying mirrors too : (

The good news is i KNOW that we as humans typically see our imperfections above all else while someone else who doesn't see us as often (not a parent or family member, but a friend or stranger) takes you in as a whole without a blind eye to the positives.