Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi all!

2 weeks ago I bought "Exposed SkinCare" treatment for acne, which includes

-2.5% BP gel

-facial cleanser and tonic

-1% salicylic acid

PART 1

At the end of the first week, results were visible. I was very glad.

PART 2

Now, at the end of the second week, I have TERRIBLE breakouts on my jaw, cheeks and forehead, even worse than before. Whiteheads appear overnight ( more than 5 every night, even big ones ) .

THE QUESTION

Should I continue the Exposed SkinCare treatment? What do you think? Will I get better? :confused::confused:

According to what i think only time will tell... May be the acne underneath ur skin is showing up its too early to conclude to whether or not the regimen works... I have been on Dan's regimen for abt 1 1/2 months i must say at the start i got a bit worse .. but then it acne subsided... Just keep at it ... It might work... just dont keep changing regimen before you give it sometime...

I agree with Adi. It could just be your skin is purging underlying spots, but keep optimistic. This is the turning point! After purging, skin is usually relatively clear, with breakouts occurring still.. but less severe and not as long-lasting. With most regimens, it's best to give it a try for at least one to two months. I don't believe two weeks is enough to assess the effects of this regimen.

Although, I do think that using BP and SA together is too irritating, and I'm surprised you haven't stated anything about irritation (I've used them both together, and although it seemed to clear my acne pretty quickly, it really tore up my skin). Then again, that 1% (I used 2%) may not be enough to trigger the red/dryness and irritation associated with using BP and SA together, not sure, and I also have pretty sensitive skin.

I replaced the 2.5% BP and the salicylic acid with BP 5% twice a day. The result?

DRAMATIC IMPROVEMENT. The skin is still not completely cleared, but in 2 days I got more results than with the full Exposed treatment in 2 weeks.

I will keep you posted. Seems that this combination of some Exposed products and 5% BP really works.

Edited by Paxter

Thats nice... But according to me... Changing treatments often only leads to irritationg and short term success... Its better to stick to one and see how it goes.. Though it might get frustrating from time to time to see no significant improvement ... Patience is the key when it comes to clearing up... :) hope this helps.. :)

Edited by Adi_Nayak

Hi all!

2 weeks ago I bought "Exposed SkinCare" treatment for acne, which includes

-2.5% BP gel

-facial cleanser and tonic

-1% salicylic acid

PART 1

At the end of the first week, results were visible. I was very glad.

PART 2

Now, at the end of the second week, I have TERRIBLE breakouts on my jaw, cheeks and forehead, even worse than before. Whiteheads appear overnight ( more than 5 every night, even big ones ) .

THE QUESTION

Should I continue the Exposed SkinCare treatment? What do you think? Will I get better? :confused: :confused:

you might want to look up what other ingredients they have that are breaking you out.

use this site: http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm

& http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/

It is just as important to be educated about skincare products as it is to acne treatment.

I use all organic products, and none of the acne topical treatment stuff.