Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Allison12

Do you take your pill at the same time everyday?

Just wondering, are you careful to take your Accutane at the same time everyday?

I know you're supposed to take it with food, but I have dinner at a different time depending on the day of the week. So sometimes I take it at 4 pm, sometimes at 7 pm. It shouldn't make a difference, right?

There's no difference when you get it. I've asked my derm about it and shte said that it's important to take your dose daly... You can take 40mg twice a day, or 80mg with dinner... It's the same :)

There's no difference when you get it. I've asked my derm about it and shte said that it's important to take your dose daly... You can take 40mg twice a day, or 80mg with dinner... It's the same :)

Some people have said, however, that they get less immediate side effects if they take it twice daily versus all at once.

Some people get nausea, heartburn, or headaches if they take two pills at once. I, for one, had to do that recently and I got very tired and sluggish.

But everyone is different. It shouldn't affect its efficacy either way.

Some people have said, however, that they get less immediate side effects if they take it twice daily versus all at once.

Some people get nausea, heartburn, or headaches if they take two pills at once. I, for one, had to do that recently and I got very tired and sluggish.

But everyone is different. It shouldn't affect its efficacy either way.

I haven't experienced worse side effects after taking 3 pills at once but I think that's because I take only 30mg daily... As you say... Everyone is different. But we have the same problem, right :)

This is just how I feel....

Taking any supplement or prescription drug is better taken throughout the day then all at once. If you are taking 9 different supplements (not recommend) then it is better to take say 3 at each meal rather than 9 all at one time.

Same with prescription drugs... if you need to pop 3 accutane pills then take 1 during each meal, not 3 at one time.

Just my 2 cents... makes sense to me.

I don't take the pills at once, but 2-3 times I did this and nothing special happened... In my opinion, it's better to take them after or during the meal of course :) These pills are very strong so we should be careful with them :)