Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It has been about 2 weeks now and I'm still in a constant state of breaking out. I've been dosing 10-20 grams a day, atleast over 10 grams each day. I keep hearing that with high doses the initial breakout should be within the first week, but it seems as I accrue the dosage I resume breaking out more critically each time. I'm actually getting cystic pimples, normally they're not as large as the ones i've been getting recently. I'm curious to ask, is there anyone on this forum who has gone atleast two months and had no improvement or perhaps worsened condition? The side effects are no longer palatable at these high dosages, I could deal with it if I were to see any improvement at all but that doesn't seem to be the case.

At the moment I feel I should give it two months, I'm tempted to walk down the Accutane road though. With all the great things i've heard about pantothenic acid's connection to acne makes it difficult to accept what's happening. I can't stay focused on anything else other than my skin at the moment, it was much more negligible before starting b5. I feel it's abnormal to still be breaking out....is it? Am I the anomaly or has anyone else had a similar experience that was soon rectified over time?

Edited by mugenman