Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just finished my first month of Accutane and now I'm starting the 2nd. I went to the derm this morning at 9am to get my next RX, preg test and blood test. Last time they OK'ed my RX immediately after I left the office in ipledge, but I didn't have any blood tests to go over.

It's almost 4pm now, so I guess they aren't going to do it today. Does it typically take a day or so? I will call tomorrow, I'm just wondering what kind of delay most people have experienced, if any.

thanks!

I just finished my first month of Accutane and now I'm starting the 2nd. I went to the derm this morning at 9am to get my next RX, preg test and blood test. Last time they OK'ed my RX immediately after I left the office in ipledge, but I didn't have any blood tests to go over.

It's almost 4pm now, so I guess they aren't going to do it today. Does it typically take a day or so? I will call tomorrow, I'm just wondering what kind of delay most people have experienced, if any.

thanks!

You get your blood tests done at the derm? Well with my experience for the first month, I had to wait the 3 weeks while they entered me into the system, then go for the blood test at a lab and wait 3 days til it got sent back to the derm. The derm then called me and said I was confirmed, and I went on the IPledge site and filled out the questionaire thingee. After that was done, they called me and I picked up my script. I'm on day 20 now, my appointment is for the 23rd but I am going to go to the lab 3 days before and get the 2nd blood test. It's a pretty complicated ordeal. Lol.

I'm really confused! Yeah, I get my blood test done at the derm, and I believe they send it to a lab and get the results themselves. Before I started Accutane they took all my blood and I assumed it was just b/c it was the first time. But I completed my first month and they did it all again.

I guess I'll just have to call and figure out what's going on, but I feel so bad. They're always SO busy and so stressed on the phone. I'm going to wait til after lunch though.. at least give them 24 hours. :)