Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrObi

Fraxel Restore- Active Members

Any Fraxel Restore people who are still active here? I know Bellydance isn't here anymore, but I'm hoping somebody else still is.

Particularly South East Asian or people with Fitzpatrick skin type III-IV. I'd like to know what maximum level of restore you've had without experiencing hyperpigmentation?

I've documented mine (4 treatments) in my signature..but I'm thinking of bumping up maybe just to level 7 for spot treatments on some of my stubborn chicken pox scars (many have shrunk a good 50-80%) and discoloration maybe about 75-100%). This is from four months ago.

if you know which one I should focus on...energy depth (I'm up to 70mj for spot treatment, which I was told the highest they could get), or maybe reduce the depth, but increase the level to have more exposure (Dudley mentioned something about going up in 3% increments). For spot treatments the nurse used smaller tip, which suprisingly made it less painful.

Im planning on having it done... I was wondering is your face still pink from ur last treatment 4 months ago?

Im planning on having it done... I was wondering is your face still pink from ur last treatment 4 months ago?

lol from 4 months ago? No...normally it's like this for me:

Day of treatment up to three days later: Dark pink to medium pink

Three days-one week: medium pink, to start crusting (you see small laser dots/skin peeling), and it peels naturally, daily and revealing light pink new skin underneath.

One week-10 days, very light pink new skin, people wouldn't know you've had laser treatment. You'd look a little more pink if you took a very warm shower or after exercises, but other than that you should be fine (especially women can cover with make up).

While, I don't think ya wanna go out partying etc, I was out in public by the 3rd day...grocery shopping at night, going to friend's house, etc.

Good to hear. I thought it would leave me with some kind of hyperpigmentation.

On the subject... I have some red marks left, will fraxel get rid of these?

Good to hear. I thought it would leave me with some kind of hyperpigmentation.

On the subject... I have some red marks left, will fraxel get rid of these?

Depending on the red marks....I can't answer that.

Hey..where are the rest of the peeps...I post questions for answer! not to answer more questions! :boohoo::ninja:

Hey I did fraxel restore and im asian from Singapore. I think I started off with 50mj and bumped up to 70 by my 3rd treatment, which was the last treatment for me.

I didnt really get any hyperpigmentation, though oddly my scarred area seems dark brown under certain lighting/angle. Under normal circumstances the colour seems normal.

It took me over 10 days too to get back to normal, though people still asked me why was my face red 10 days after the treatment.

Hey I did fraxel restore and im asian from Singapore. I think I started off with 50mj and bumped up to 70 by my 3rd treatment, which was the last treatment for me.

I didnt really get any hyperpigmentation, though oddly my scarred area seems dark brown under certain lighting/angle. Under normal circumstances the colour seems normal.

It took me over 10 days too to get back to normal, though people still asked me why was my face red 10 days after the treatment.

Ah Singapore?!

Ten days for red face is normal lah! :whistle::)

So do you remember what level it was? Level 5? 6? 7?

Any Fraxel Restore people who are still active here? I know Bellydance isn't here anymore, but I'm hoping somebody else still is.

Particularly South East Asian or people with Fitzpatrick skin type III-IV. I'd like to know what maximum level of restore you've had without experiencing hyperpigmentation?

I've documented mine (4 treatments) in my signature..but I'm thinking of bumping up maybe just to level 7 for spot treatments on some of my stubborn chicken pox scars (many have shrunk a good 50-80%) and discoloration maybe about 75-100%). This is from four months ago.

if you know which one I should focus on...energy depth (I'm up to 70mj for spot treatment, which I was told the highest they could get), or maybe reduce the depth, but increase the level to have more exposure (Dudley mentioned something about going up in 3% increments). For spot treatments the nurse used smaller tip, which suprisingly made it less painful.

Hi. I've been checking in every once in a while.

I am a fair-skinned Asian, and I did not experience hyperpigmentation with the very high settings (please see my signature).

One thing I noticed looking at your signature was that you were pink after three days of each treatment. For me, I was in a nowhere near "pink" situation. My face was swelling so bad for at least 5 days after each treatment with the highest MJ that I wish I had enough words to explain how horrible I looked. My eyes were barely opening, my face was beyond red, my face line was that of post-fight boxer. ..And my results were great.

So what I am saying is that maybe you could have the treatment level increased? Just a thought. For me, the more swelling there was after each treatment, the better result that I saw.

Good luck!

Edited by bellydance_me

how bad was your scarring? do you happen to have any before and after pics? Please let me know, thanks!

Hi. I've been checking in every once in a while.

I am a fair-skinned Asian, and I did not experience hyperpigmentation with the very high settings (please see my signature).

One thing I noticed looking at your signature was that you were pink after three days of each treatment. For me, I was in a nowhere near "pink" situation. My face was swelling so bad for at least 5 days after each treatment with the highest MJ that I wish I had enough words to explain how horrible I looked. My eyes were barely opening, my face was beyond red, my face line was that of post-fight boxer. ..And my results were great.

So what I am saying is that maybe you could have the treatment level increased? Just a thought. For me, the more swelling there was after each treatment, the better result that I saw.

Good luck!

Ah Singapore?!

Ten days for red face is normal lah! :whistle::)

So do you remember what level it was? Level 5? 6? 7?

Heh all the lah leh lor. Sry Im not too sure what do you mean by level. As far as I can remember the only relevant information should be level of energy, ie mj which was described by me, and the number of passes.

Thanks Bellydance!! I was hoping you'd check in!!

Yeah I noticed that you have pretty high level....and 12 passes. As you can see from my signature, the highest I've had is level 6.

Overall....it is what it is. I'm definitely not looking for perfection. So far the nurse has treated me with 70mj max for spot treatment which I think is a good energy strength. Maybe I should just wear my big boy pants and ask her to do 10 passes on those scars, up the level to 7 and not to worry about my whole entire face.

We've actually agreed to take a one month break and maybe do the fifth one in January.

Vanzz- please put treatment info as your signature, so we can compare notes and other fraxel users can benefit from it....thanks :)

Testytest- Sorry I don't have good enough pictures that would show the improvement. I know you had asked me this question before and the reason why I don't have the pictures is because the only picture i had before the treatment, was before I had my chicken pox...so now in a way my skin is worse then my original skin...but it's much much better than after I got my chicken pox. I didn't want to take picture because trust me it looked horrible. Just imagine 50-100 dark purple/brown/red spots (1-2mm diameter, some are 1-2mm in depth) on your face.

That was at my worse...right now most of them are 90% gone (in terms of color)...now I just have to focus on the scars (which is about 20-30 that I consider pretty noticeable).

Another reason why I am not comfortable to share my picture because I have seen many members on this board have tremendously high expectation and their skin is much much better than mine...so what I've considered a 'decent' skin..would probably be considered horrible by many on this board.

Hi MrObi. You asked how I bad looked after high-energy Fraxel treatments, in my guest book. I hope these pictures are helpful.

Before the Fraxel:

One day after the high-energy Fraxel treatment:

I am obviously covering my eyes for privacy, but my eyes are barely open because of the swelling. Think post-fight Mike Tyson. My husband jokingly calls me "Sharpei", the dag, during the recovery period.

The extreme swelling goes down after about 4-5 days and I can look decent on 7th day with makeup.

Edited by bellydance_me

Thank you Belly Dance!

Wow for such energy level, your face was not red that much. Mine was about twice as red as yours even at level 6 (at least the first couple treatments). I'd have to say though the fourth one was not as red (maybe only slightly redder than your third pic). but for some reason I felt the laser more. I started flinching maybe after the 5th (out of 8) pass.

And my scars are far deeper (and wider) too.

My plan is maybe to have her not do as many passes generally, and do more spot treatments for my 5th treatment (maybe I'll do 6th also).

Hope you don't mind me checking with you again sometime in the future. Next treatment might be in January..

Thank you again for posting your picture!

Judging from your response, my pictures are highly misleading so I removed them.

Trust me. My face was BEYOND RED and BLEEDING from all over. My skin is as fair as Nicole Kidman and after Fraxel I look like a tomato. There is no way your face was redder than mine when you said you were "pink" post Fraxel and I was bleeding for two days.

Judging from your response, my pictures are highly misleading so I removed them.

Trust me. My face was BEYOND RED and BLEEDING from all over. My skin is as fair as Nicole Kidman and after Fraxel I look like a tomato. There is no way your face was redder than mine when you said you were "pink" post Fraxel and I was bleeding for two days.

Whoa...that's definitely pretty severe! I only experienced maybe TWO spots that had very small pin-point bleeding, and that was back during the 2nd treatment! (maybe even 1st).

I will think this through and ask my practitioner later what kind of approach that are best for my deeper scars. I actually counted the major ones that i think are stubborn...about 15-20. If we can take care of those, I'll live with the rest of the shallower ones.