Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sxdwfgtrhyuj

This might be a stupid question but...

Does anyone think how antibiotics work? I mean you take the pill and it gets absorbed into your body but how do the antibiotics get from your bloodstream to the surface of your skin?

Does anyone think how antibiotics work? I mean you take the pill and it gets absorbed into your body but how do the antibiotics get from your bloodstream to the surface of your skin?

Just what you said, through your blood stream. Antibiotics can detect where the problem is, and make its way there through your blood.

Just what you said, through your blood stream. Antibiotics can detect where the problem is, and make its way there through your blood.

Drugs binds to a specific receptor (Ligand) in your body, which opens a channel in your system and is released into system. However no medicine knows exactly where to act,(ex. like you have an ache in your back) the drug doesn't know to work in your back but does know it needs to relieve pain. This is the reason for so many side effects in drugs. This isn't my best explanation, but i would have to find the page in the book to further explain this. Iam trying to put this in the simplest terms and please don't over read into the "no medicine knows exactly where to act," because there is so much more to say about this but we won't get into that.

Edited by ILoveMyPuppy