Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MarkP9114

crap, I just missed a dose

I was in a hurry this morning and totally forget to take my pill.

I'm supposed to take twp 20mg pills in the morning and one 20mg at night. Can I just take all 3 pills at one time?

Or would it be better to take two now. and then take the other one right before bed?

My derm and the directions on box of accutane say if you miss a dose, just move onto the next and don't double up.

I was just logging on here to post this exact question, as I also forgot to take my first pill this morning.

However, my derm was originally going to prescribe 30mg pills to take once a day, and when she realized those were unavailable, she prescribed me 20mg 2x a day instead. Don't some people take a 40mg once a day? How is that any different than taking two 20mg pills once a day?

^thats what I was wondering too.. I just took my first two right after I posted and then i'm going to take my last one before I go to bed.

I'm sure I won't die from this ONE time.

To answer the original question. It won't matter if you miss one pill. The accutane is still fresh in your body for quite some time.

Also, I believe the "if you miss your dose, skip it" is a general drug recommendation. For some drugs, it is dangerous to take a double dose at once. In this case however, if you were to take the 2x 20mg at night, you would be absolutely fine, but there's really no need to.