Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I have be suffering from acne for 5 years, My GP has been giving me anti biotics for most of this time, last august i went on holiday in Asia for 6 months, and was very hot thier, i went to the doctors thier to see i they can help my acne, they prescibed me some tablets, and was giving injections to clear up my acne, it worked at 1st, but over time, i still use to gwt break out's, when i come back to england in may, my skin felt very weird, like pin's n needles in my face, i went to the GP and she gave me a stronger anti biotic and fwded me to a demortoligist, in this time my acne got really bad, had a lot of break outs and gradually got worse, my appointment was in august and the demortoligist put me on roaccutane, and its has cleared most of the acne spots, but still have loads of red acne marks and have breakouts from time to time, its has been 2-3 months since i been on roaccutane, i use dove extra sensitive soap in the morning at at night, in the first week of my roaccutane treatment, i start to get acne spots on my head like before, i went back to my GP who prescribed me anti biotics again, which has helped, im taking both the anti biotics and the roaccutane at the moment, can any help me get rid of my red marks or for some advice on wat i can use to help fade the scars?

Hi, I have be suffering from acne for 5 years, My GP has been giving me anti biotics for most of this time, last august i went on holiday in Asia for 6 months, and was very hot thier, i went to the doctors thier to see i they can help my acne, they prescibed me some tablets, and was giving injections to clear up my acne, it worked at 1st, but over time, i still use to gwt break out's, when i come back to england in may, my skin felt very weird, like pin's n needles in my face, i went to the GP and she gave me a stronger anti biotic and fwded me to a demortoligist, in this time my acne got really bad, had a lot of break outs and gradually got worse, my appointment was in august and the demortoligist put me on roaccutane, and its has cleared most of the acne spots, but still have loads of red acne marks and have breakouts from time to time, its has been 2-3 months since i been on roaccutane, i use dove extra sensitive soap in the morning at at night, in the first week of my roaccutane treatment, i start to get acne spots on my head like before, i went back to my GP who prescribed me anti biotics again, which has helped, im taking both the anti biotics and the roaccutane at the moment, can any help me get rid of my red marks or for some advice on wat i can use to help fade the scars?

what antibiotic are you on, because the tetracycline family and accutane are known to cause brain pressure, which can lead to death, but this is like 1 in a couple million. Zinc is the best for healing scars. Go to a vitamin shop and get 50 mg of zinc capsules. Take one-two a day orally. At night after taking a shower or washing your face, break a capsule open, pour the powder on your finger tips. then use your other hand to sprinkle water on the powder. rub your fingers together untill it's like a liquid. Rub this on your face, and keep it on all night. Actually, come to think of it, you might not want to do this. It is the best I ever had for scars, a lot better than retinoids, but it drys your skin out. Your face is prolly completely dry already. Accutane and retinoids are derrived from vitamin A. So maybe but some vitamin a soft gels made from liver oil, break that soft gel open, rub on your face. Your face will look very oily after this, so make sure it's at night. Vitamin E is also good. In case you don't feel comfertable with these sof gels, ask your doc to prescribe you a retinoid. Good Luck. Send me a message if anything come to mind.

Edited by Buke

Please give the following a whirl...worked like magic for me...:

1. Wash your face and body gently morning and night face with ONLY salt water (you can buy sea salt from the grocery or health food store). Just cover your wet skin with a small amount of sea salt and let it sit there for 5 minutes before you wash it off (might sting a little initially). You can also use pure vegetable sandalwood soap (on your body only, not your face).

2. After your shower with you damp skin, apply a crystal mineral deodorant stick containing only mineral salt like Alum mineral salt or Sodium Chloride (NaCl). Apply for 3-5 minutes on all affected areas to get maximum coverage.

3. Apply healing macadamia, vitamin E & Lavender oil by Thursday plantation (or some other natural oil like Almond, rosehip or Jojoba oil...however, the macadamia oil has very healing properties so get that if you can).

4. Also, some people on board have had enormous help taking 500mg of B3 in the non flushing variety. Check with your doctor to see if that's ok. You can also apply it topically by crushing the B3 tablet and mixing it with a carrier oil like macadamia oil and applying it directly on your skin. Apparently topical B3 gets rid of red marks and discolouration.

5. Try exercising daily, (even just a brisk 1/2 walk is important to get your blood and lymphatic system pumping). Eat lots of strawberries, kiwi fruit, watermelon, apricots, continental parsley salad with olive oil & lemon juice (no vinegar), 1-4 boiled or poached eggs weekly, don't drink alcohol/ tea/ coffee/ softdrinks or eat ketchup, cut down on refined carbs like bread and pasta and sugar, stay away from all dairy products as much as possible, don't eat junk food or take-away fried food, eat steamed vegetables with rice and turmeric, and try to de-stress as much as possible.

6. Some people have also found B5 helpful. However, try step 1-5 before you ventures into looking at taking B5 tablets as there are side effects.

7. Use benzoyl peroxide as a spot treatment ONLY for stubborn eruptions. i.e. Don't smear it all over your face or you'll damage you skin and get dry aged skin with lots of premature wrinkles.

I would encourage you to find natural, gentle and sustainable ways to heal your skin. I've tried antibiotics and they only helped briefly. I was also left with discolouration marks on my face.

Hope you find this helpful. Would love to know if you try it and the results.

All the best

AquaSea

PS you might find this article useful

http://www.wellsphere.com/general-medicine...problems/363189

Edited by aquasea