Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ldm2010

whats worse for acne: alcohol or marijuana?

I'm not sure about alcohol, but I'm a frequent marijuana toker and I find that it doesn't result in any skin changes but, I sometimes breakout from binge eating. I find that when I smoke and fall asleep before eating my skin will remain the same. If I smoke some nice sativa however, i'll raid the kitchen and find new pimples on my cheeks the next morning.

I'll go with weed as statistically more likely to hurt acne, if for no other reason it might encourage you to engage in eating in opposition to your melatonin cycle, while alchohol may have enough melatonin that, if chugged continuously with the right timing, might reinforce your melatonin cycle. YMMV, of course.

noo matter what for me...if I DRINK ALCHOHOL...! I WILLLLLL BREAK OUT!!! atleast with 2 or sometimes 3 pimples when i have had none soooo thats why i have just recently decided too rarely ever drink anymore! its not worth it too me...now marijuana i agree smoking it will not cause breakouts but perhaps if you binge eat or are not careful what u eat when u get the "munchies" you might breakout hasnt happened with me but then again i dont raid the fridge hahaa

I say it depends on the person. It's on a case by case basis. I don't typically smoke weed but when I do, which is like 2-3 times a year, I get paranoid and can't really relax. I "bug-out" in a sense lol. This basically causes stress which leads to a pretty bad breakout the next day. So I stay away from that as much as possible. As for drinking...I avoid beer cause it has too much sugar. When I do drink, which is about once a week, I stick with hard liquor or mixed drinks: Glen Livet on the rocks, shots of jameson, vodka and cranberry made strong. Those are my usuals. :) I hardly have any acne problems after drinking this.

Guest DireStraits

From my experience with alcohol i will break out no matter what plus it completely messes up my digestion for like the next 5 days-little bowel movement.

noo matter what for me...if I DRINK ALCHOHOL...! I WILLLLLL BREAK OUT!!! atleast with 2 or sometimes 3 pimples when i have had none soooo thats why i have just recently decided too rarely ever drink anymore! its not worth it too me

Alcohol is far worse for your body, and smoking weed by itself probably won't make you break out. If you get the munchies and eat a ton of food, it isn't a direct effect of marijuana anyway; it's still your choice, because weed doesn't make you eat food.

Still, inhaling smoke and "digesting" alcohol (alcohol isn't exactly digested, though your body must go through processes to get rid of it) are both unnatural and stressful on the body. There are so many other factors to consider that it's difficult to come to an accurate consensus: your body always deals with alcohol the same way, and it always deals with THC the same way, so even your mindset has a lot to do with it. Marijuana can help you relax or it can make you insanely paranoid. Alcohol can provide a casual, warm drunk, or a cold, miserable one. If you decide to do drugs because you're upset in some way, it usually exacerbates the stress; if you're happy and want to have a good time, they might help reinforce that mood.

In my opinion, marijuana is better in every way except one: legally. >:(

Edited by Hello!

I agree with the majority on this one - alcohol is far worse for your skin, not to mention your whole body. Marijuana, I don't see any connection between your skin and smoking the ganj but I laughed and can see how it can make you eat food that wouldn't be good for the skin (fats, sugars, etc).

regular green smoker here. does not my affect my skin at all. im not too sure about alcohol, but from my personal experience i've come to a theory that if you have spots that are about to break out, drinking will cause them to break out faster or become more red (usually the next day when i wake up).

now what I am tryna determine through experimentation is whether cigarettes affect acne...

Is this just alcohol or only certain alcoholic beverages? Triple distilles wodka is even clearer then water so it would not be very logical that would be an acne causer.

you mean whats worse for your intestinal permeability and your liver, that would be alcohol, by depleting zinc and compromising intestinal tight junctions leading to leaky gut and possibly to liver chirrosis, at least thats the lastest suspicians based on the latest evidence.

*moderator edit* well not really though!!

why does it matter? They both pollute your body and both create the potential for acne.

Whether it's your liver or your lungs, why people opt to destroy their organs and impair their brain functioning is beyond me.

why does it matter? They both pollute your body and both create the potential for acne.

Whether it's your liver or your lungs, why people opt to destroy their organs and impair their brain functioning is beyond me.

I think I'm going to start posting "why does it matter?" in every thread on this forum. That will help answer a lot of questions won't it?

I think I'm going to start posting "why does it matter?" in every thread on this forum. That will help answer a lot of questions won't it?

It's a legitimate question in this instance.

They're both bad and you probably shouldn't be part taking in either, so why DOES it matter?

We aren't required to offer a helpful answer in every single post. There's no rule stating we can't ask a question pertaining to the original topic in somebody elses thread. :rolleyes:

Edited by gMARIAs

gMARIAs is right.

Both are bad for you and ultimately for your digestive system and liver as well as your stress level and lungs. We're all wired differently though, so smoking for you might not hurt your skin. But for others it causes them to breakout due to a ramped up stress level and panic attacks not to mention excessive eating. I do both. I smoke and I drink. I used to be a huge pothead but have since cut back due to issues with my heart and I feel its time to give it up. Alcohol, well thats a little harder to quit. I drink beer. I have a huge love for tasting different styles of beers and trying different Micro brews. However, with excessive drinking usually comes slight breakouts for me.

So which is worse for acne: alcohol or marijuana? For me personally its probably alcohol. But its not like marijuana has never caused a breakout. But for the feeling of doing either, I'll take being drunk or buzzed off of alcohol than feeling high or in my case paranoid.

which is worse for acne; alcohol or marijuan? (if they have any affect on your acne at all)

Who cares about acne. Let's talk of bigger issues:

Alcohol - slowly kills off your brain and liver, dries out your body, can lead to learning problems in the future

Marijuana - tends to increase estrogen levels by lower test levels, can create gyno in men; ever wonder why pot heads have man tits? that's why; also it tends to damage lungs

And people worried about acne... pftt

Can only comment on the alcohol....

I haven't had a drop of alcohol in 3 years nearly but it's not like that fact cured my acne. My skin always looks *** anyway the day after drinking; clear or not.

I don't think either is good for acne. Maybe look for a new high?

I personally like exercise and some bedroom gymnastics a la shakira. ;)

Edited by jewel_001

Can only comment on the alcohol....

I haven't had a drop of alcohol in 3 years nearly but it's not like that fact cured my acne. My skin always looks *** anyway the day after drinking; clear or not.

I don't think either is good for acne. Maybe look for a new high?

I personally like exercise and some bedroom gymnastics a la shakira. ;)

Your skin looks fine to me. :wub: