Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zebra champion

what can i do after accutane

so my questions are is the post-accutane wait a myth and if it isnt a myth what can i do while i wait around for this shit. ok thanks for your answers :wacko::rolleyes::mad::surprised::shock::redface::razz::|:lol::idea::evil::cry::confused::whistle:

p.s. by anything i mean ANYTHING it sucks just sitting around not doing shit

also another thing right when i wake up and i lookin the mirror i have no acne scars. like legit perfecto. its awesome but after an hour or so they suddenly appear its terrible. is there anyway i can perserve the way i look in the morning.

also my scars arent too deep but i have a shitload of them

i would say get fraxel or sublative rejuvenation done..but u will have to wait at least a year before geting it done cause of accutane..

isnt it 6 months?

im planning on having Lux1540 done and im just 6 months post accutane

It sucks. You have to wait.

I know you can have microderm at 6 mos, but i think it's a year for invasive lasers.

You can have fillers sooner than six months according to most drs.

Do you have any literature on this? Any link?

Would like to show it to my doc cos she says 6 months is fine. Is the lux or restore considered invasive?

6 months is okay but to be even safer its a year...it also depends on how long and how much accutane you have taken..like me i took 60mg of accutane for 5 months and this is high doses compared to many so i will have to wait a year

It sucks. You have to wait.

I know you can have microderm at 6 mos, but i think it's a year for invasive lasers.

You can have fillers sooner than six months according to most drs.

Do you have any literature on this? Any link?

Would like to show it to my doc cos she says 6 months is fine. Is the lux or restore considered invasive?

Steve is right. It's the dr's discretion. Some dr's say 6 mos and others say one year, while others say minimum of 1 1/2 years. It's better to be safe than have problems though. I don't have links but I've read it all over the web and dr's have told me so. I don't know if luxe or restore is invasive. I don't know anything about either of them, but I'd do some research.