Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
missfliss

1.5 months in...still getting bad breakouts....

Hey, was wondering if anyone can help me!

Like the title says, it's been 1.5 months exactly and I'm still getting bad (if not worse) breakouts...

I'm washing my face twice a day with a simple facial cleanser, then BP cream. Should I leave some BP cream on the actual spots themselves, or will this make it worse?

Is it normal to be getting bad breakouts at this point of the treatment?

Thanks!

Hey, was wondering if anyone can help me!

Like the title says, it's been 1.5 months exactly and I'm still getting bad (if not worse) breakouts...

I'm washing my face twice a day with a simple facial cleanser, then BP cream. Should I leave some BP cream on the actual spots themselves, or will this make it worse?

Is it normal to be getting bad breakouts at this point of the treatment?

Thanks!

I am 20 days in myself and haven't had much of a change apart from oil reduction, still getting my typical breakouts..which are even a bit worse. From reading a lot of the posts on this board, it seems like most people started noticing a REAL change in month 3 or 4. Everyone is different though, I've read a few with people saying their skin cleared in 2 weeks...lucky them! =) With most meds though, your body has to get adjusted which can take a few months. I think I am a slow healer to begin with, so I am trying to be patient. When I took Doxycycline last year, I had the worst breakout of my life in the first month and the second month I started to clear up a bit but it messed up my stomach so badly that I had to stop taking it altogether.

Anyway, I spoke with my PA the other day when getting a cortisone injection, and she said it's normal to see no change or to get worse in the first couple of months. We just have to have patience =) I've lived so long with it that 6 months will feel like a piece of cake in the end.

Good luck!

unfortunately yes, its normal and the IB could last up to 3 months...month 3 is the usual time where pple start seeing results...im actuallly on month 3 and im finally gettin over the IB....i know its hard, bt think of it this way...all that shit thats coming to the surface is prolly the acne u were gonna have in monthsss..so just be patient and keep on with your routine! it WILL get better...just give it some time..everyone goes, well almost everyone goes thru the IB...so just hang in there. no pain no gain! :)

I'm in the exact same place, had some improvement in first couple of weeks and has gone downhill since then. I'm really looking forward to month 3.