Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, im 13 year old boy from finland if you have ever heard of such country.

I've been suffering acne for maybe two years now, and im only 13! I know thats very

early for boy hitting the puberty. When i began to get pimples my mom took me to

dermatologist and s/he gave me skinoren product. It helped for a while but then it really stopped helping. Acne didn't even really bother me then. Maybe a month ago i began to use clinique three step which appears to be really harsh product, doesn't really do anything else than just get my skin dry. Acne began to bother me now since i've got a girlfriend and i just want to get rid of it. I told my mom to take me to the dermatologist again to get these cleared up. Today when i came from school she told me that i got a dermatologist time 2:45 P.M tomorrow, im really excited what the dermatologist is going to bring up. I think my acne severity is moderate/mild, my nose has alot of blackheads on it also, and some big pores.

Sorry for any missunderstooding caused by my english, but i think i speak english quite well being finnish and just 13. And the reason i made this thread was to share my feelings.

Hello, im 13 year old boy from finland if you have ever heard of such country.

I've been suffering acne for maybe two years now, and im only 13! I know thats very

early for boy hitting the puberty. When i began to get pimples my mom took me to

dermatologist and s/he gave me skinoren product. It helped for a while but then it really stopped helping. Acne didn't even really bother me then. Maybe a month ago i began to use clinique three step which appears to be really harsh product, doesn't really do anything else than just get my skin dry. Acne began to bother me now since i've got a girlfriend and i just want to get rid of it. I told my mom to take me to the dermatologist again to get these cleared up. Today when i came from school she told me that i got a dermatologist time 2:45 P.M tomorrow, im really excited what the dermatologist is going to bring up. I think my acne severity is moderate/mild, my nose has alot of blackheads on it also, and some big pores.

Sorry for any missunderstooding caused by my english, but i think i speak english quite well being finnish and just 13. And the reason i made this thread was to share my feelings.

Just to share my experience with you too .I used that clinique three step and they didnt do me any good. They irritated my skin. I know it's not good because they have really strong fragrance, rightaway, I told myself, that this is bad for my skin.

Good luck seeing your derm!

Welcome to acne.org

I think it is great that you came here early in your teens for advice. The internet was just coming up when i was teen and many people didn't have computers yet. Anyways, I thought I'd let you know my thoughts on the clinque 3 step. The thing that is most likely making you dry is the clarifying lotion, all though it is a good toner, it is absolutely not necessary to use it. I have had problems with my skin b/c of it and eliminating it has made a huge difference. You have a good facial cleanser and I don't know the ingredients in the lotion so i can't say much for it. For now I would just use the cleanser and consider getting a more moisturizing lotion.

I recommend clicking here for new ones

http://www.acne.org/findingsupplies2.php#step3

I would try to convince you try the acne.org regimen, but since you have an apoointment with the derm, i guess we will just have to see what they say and prescribe you.

Although you don't have the products for the acne.org regimen i would still try considering following the steps of the regimen. Because how you use the products is key to getting your face clear. Here is a video on how to wash your face and apply lotion, although this may seem silly to watch a video how to wash your face but a lot of people overly wash and apply lotion to hard.

http://www.acne.org/blog/2009/06/09/the-re...orning-routine/

http://www.acne.org/blog/2009/06/10/the-re...vening-routine/

Hopefully this helps, until then let us know how the derm visit goes.

Sorry for the very late answer.... Yes the derm preferred me Seba Med pH 5.5 for morning/night soap liquid. Then i used a sibicort gel for two weeks which was supposed to calm down the skin which it did and my face was alot more clearer, i didnt break out at all for maybe 8 days! Then i was to begin the use of differin gel, i used it for a week and didn't see any changing in the skin, but then after week my skin began to get worse and it is getting worse now by the time. It began to get worse this weeks wednesday actually. It's still not as bad as it was when i went to see the derm but its quite bad. For inner use i got Oricyclin 500mg twice day which im supposed to be used for six months. Any thoughts?

Edited by Pastermuppet

Antibiotics usually work..depending upon the severity of the acne, but it'll take a week or two for it to build up in your system. Why don't you post some pictures ?

Differin is great...but you need to keep using it !

Edited by usacc

Hmm i maybe could post some pictures :P the pimples i keep getting are first small white or skincolor thingies then, some time the skin around the thingie turns red and then it makes it into a bigger and bigger pimple, a big whitehead, i think it's called inflammation?

Edited by Pastermuppet