Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How ever did Dan get such shiny and clear skin? Didn't he say that he suffered from bad acne when he was young? So how come his face appears so perfect with no scars? Wish I could have that..

It always annoyed me how he goes on and on about how he had such bad acne and everything but his skin is literally perfect. Also he never has a single spot in any of his videos at all.

It always annoyed me how he goes on and on about how he had such bad acne and everything but his skin is literally perfect. Also he never has a single spot in any of his videos at all.

Why are you annoyed! haha. He made this website to sell the products that got his face to the flawless standard it is. You should be grateful.

Why are you annoyed! haha. He made this website to sell the products that got his face to the flawless standard it is. You should be grateful.

Or just a scheme for him to make money? I mean everyone with acne will buy it because they'll try just about anything to get rid off acne. If it wasn't his own product and he was just saying, 'seriously buy these products and do this regimen it works great see', then maybe..

Or just a scheme for him to make money? I mean everyone with acne will buy it because they'll try just about anything to get rid off acne. If it wasn't his own product and he was just saying, 'seriously buy these products and do this regimen it works great see', then maybe..

But it isn't a scheme, He doesn't adverstise it all over the internet and you don't see commercials on tv. The only people who notice this are people who get on this site and really spend time looking. He first started out by recommending other products and he isn't getting money for endorsing them. And it wasn't that long ago till he formulated his own products.

And i think we are just jealous, that he has amazing skin. But he has been doing this regimen longer than all of us, because he of course created it. And well, over the years his skin has healed and is amazing.

You'll notice that if you try to take a picture of your own face, even in the brightest lighting, it will look much better than in any mirror.

But it isn't a scheme, He doesn't adverstise it all over the internet and you don't see commercials on tv. The only people who notice this are people who get on this site and really spend time looking. He first started out by recommending other products and he isn't getting money for endorsing them. And it wasn't that long ago till he formulated his own products.

And i think we are just jealous, that he has amazing skin. But he has been doing this regimen longer than all of us, because he of course created it. And well, over the years his skin has healed and is amazing.

umm yes he is.. Go to google and type "acne" first listing is this site. U think it magically appears their? he payed these sites to have his listing on the top. Which means more $$$ for him. End of story its always about the $$$.

lol. This is a funny topic. I did suffer from acne pretty badly. I even went on Accutane for it, and back then doctors didn't prescribe Accutane for a light case of acne.

I actually still break out from time to time if I'm not strict on the Regimen. In fact, I had a surgery thing a few weeks ago and didn't do the Regimen for about a week afterward because I was instructed not to shower and I was just kinda out of it. Lo and behold, 2 weeks later, I have some spots. You can see one in the pic below. I'll get back on the Regimen and they will go away, however.

My skin is pretty clear normally because I am strict with the Regimen. Also, video is pretty forgiving. From time to time I'll have a little something but it doesn't seem to show up much on camera.

Finally, regarding scars, that is a genetic thing. Some people tend to scar and others do not. Thankfully, I do not. I do have some scarring on my upper back and shoulders however. But again, you can't tell very well on video. You can tell in person though.

post-1-1258404185_thumb.jpg

post-1-1258404185_thumb.jpg

Acne.org is a pretty active site. 105,000+ members last time I checked. I can understand why it would come up on a search first...

Anyway, if Acne.org were all about the regimen and Dan trying to sell his products, why does any of the rest of this site exist? When Dan started the site, I'm pretty sure he hadn't made the products yet. They were made upon request by users.

Also...

Why would there be an entire section for treatment reviews-for entirely unrelated products? Why are there all these forums, and only one relating to the Regimen?

If he were a scam artist, there would be ads for the Regimen all over the internet, especially on this site. I think that the logic pointing towards Dan as a cold business man has too many holes in it.

Aside from that, not everyone gets pitted scars. Some people, like myself, only get red/brown marks (which still suck) but fade over time. Plus, this site is, what, 13 years old? So Dan probably cured his acne as much as a year or two before that. He's had a lot of time to recover.

Just my two cents ^_^

People just love seeing before and after pics, not just the clear skin. We're a bunch of haters! Lol

Edited by MissNarNar

umm yes he is.. Go to google and type "acne" first listing is this site. U think it magically appears their? he payed these sites to have his listing on the top. Which means more $$$ for him. End of story its always about the $$$.

his site might be at the top, but you have to do a lot of work to get it up there. To get to the top of google you have to do a lot of things like create an xml sitemap and submit it to google, and get a real domain that is simple and to the point. Like acne.....acne.org .....that seems pretty obvious why it spits out at the top

And no i don't see it on advertisements on any page i go to besides here. He doesn't advertise, so he can keep his prices low.

I don't know why you seem to be hating on him because he came up with a solution that has worked for a lot of people and decided to share it with everyone. It isn't always about the money. But iam sure he is now making a good living from making his own products.

I'm not hating, and Dan has great skin. It's just incredible that his skin isn't scarred because of the severe acne in the past. And yeah some people are going to be bitter and jealous because of how nice his skin turned but that's just frustration, and only one person in the thread brought up the idea of this website being a scam.

I first came here in late 2002 with moderate/severe acne. This was not an advertising website at all lol..you coulp barely call it a website, if you look around on the homepage I think theres a link for the old version. I remeber him telling us to get other brand products cause he didnt have his. Then he made his products to save us money! Its a nonprofit orginization.Anyway you also gotta think hes in his thirties, Im sure his severe acne is out the window, and does break out in small zits from time to time. Anyways 6-7 yrs later you cant tell I had acne..all my red marks were gone within the first year. Do I still break out from time to time, sure. But I like the regimnen and Im stickin to it. Some it doesnt work for and think Dan is money hungry..but the people who just recently showed..you wouldnt know, so dont piss in all our koolaid just cause your jealous

Edited by Chachi477

Dude... he found The Regimen and it worked for him, that's why his skin is clear. And he wants other people to know about it and have a place to talk about other things that may work for some if it didn't work out with others.

I think it's pretty silly how you're going on and on about HIM being the bad guy while you all wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him. And as C'est said, not everybody scars.

Edited by Ḻyssa

Lol. :lol: Well if you don't mind my saying, I don't think the original poster's question is so absurd. Can you blame him for being skeptical about this? He's got a point... most people that suffered severe acne now suffer severe scarring as well. Dan does have a pretty flawless complexion as far as I can tell. Maybe this regimen of his really does do wonders. Time does heal... & acne scarring varies. But don't forget there's also such things as make up & photo editing, which is commonplace. I don't see a need to become upset or defensive over this matter.

I don't have any spiteful feelings towards Dan or anyone on this forum. I am thankful that this message board even exists... it's truly a wonderful site. :angel:

lets's see those medical records eh? :doubt: jk, echoing what kevin1995 and HomeBoundGypsy said, I'm just happy I was able to find this forum. :thumbsup:

I was wondering if there is a before pic of Dan anywhere...

I found where he explained "I don't have any before pics because I tried not to let my mom take pictures of me when I had acne, and I went through all of her pics and removed any of me close up many years ago. I wish I had some now."

Edited by DeeVoo

I love the fact that Dan busted out a response on a topic about him. I gasped and was all like "Oh no he didn't!!!" when I saw he'd responded. I'm glad I didn't slag him off in my blog. Or did I...

I don't care if or how bad dan's skin has been years ago. He's the man. And obviously not a sell out. He lets the products speak for themselves... and I wouldn't complain one word about this guy.. one cuz I don't know him and two cuz his aha+ and bp saved my life!

Seems like a great guy.

And even if he never had acne (hey im a cynical person), then it's irrelevant, because the Regimen obviously worked for so many people.