Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sadd13

duac differin and minocycline HELPP!

hye guyess, just need some advice with my regimen, i've been on duac for about 3 months and it helped flattened my acne now there's only a couple (4-5) pimples on both cheeks but quite a lot of pigmentation, i wasn't satisfied as i didn't get fully clear so doctor recommended me differin and mino on top of that, i was also using a salacylic acid cleanser and all that combined, i started becoming flaky and then x-ma started spreading to my neck now and makes me look like i have potato skin, luckly i had my first derm appointment today and he said im using wayyyyy to much, now he want's me too just use water to wash my face and only use the differin ONCE at night with the mino twice a day, he also said i shoulden't get any peels and stuff for my pigmentation and differin will make it fade with patience, i'm a bit hesitant as i'm scared that duac could have been working after those month's and that differin won't be my holy grail, i paid 150 for just a quick 5 minute visit -.- , should i fully follow his instructions?

I was on a differin/duac/doxcycline regimen for a while and it worked fairly well but just like you I experienced pretty dry skin so eventually I cut out the duac. But then the regimen didn't work nearly as well. So eventually I added the duac back in, but only (very little) in the places I break out the most. To cut down on the dryness I used a very gentle cleanser and lots of jojoba oil. Oh, and I would second your derms recomendation that you use the differin only at night, twice is just way to much. Hope this helps. :)

cheers moooite for the feedback :):), do you mix jojoba oil with your moisturizer? and where can i pick up this jojoba oil from?

cheers moooite for the feedback :):), do you mix jojoba oil with your moisturizer? and where can i pick up this jojoba oil from?

I got my jojoba oil from a health food store, and yes I would just mix a little in with my moisturizer. But sometimes if I had a really dry patch I would put a little straight jojoba oil on it and it would heal it right up.