Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
derpderp

Cystic Acne on Chin

Hi.

Over the past month or so, I've started breaking out extremely badly on my chin and worse than usual on the rest of my face. Usually my acne is pretty mild, but now I'm starting to get cysts on my chin and numerous pimples. I've been taking 150 mg doryx orally, but had to stop taking it for about 2 weeks because I was taking an antihistamine for a sinus infection. Now I've been back on the doryx and have been taking it for about a week. I've also switched over from differin .3 to tazorac .5, and wash my face twice daily with seb-prev wash. All of these have been prescribed by my dermatologist before the bad breakout, but I can't get in to see my dermatologist for a month or two because of insurance or something. I was told that the acne on my chin is probably hormonal, but since I can't get in to see my dermatologist, I don't really know what I should do to help it. My parents also won't allow me to take accutane because my sibling used it and had an allergic reaction, so they think the same will happen to me.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as my face has been in severe pain, and it doesn't seem to be getting better.

Also, I'm male if that makes a difference.

Edited by derpderp

Moved to the Severe Acne board.

I'm sorry that I don't have any advice for you, but I sincerely hope that you find something to help with the breakouts on your chin.

All I can say is, if you have Dan's regimen that helps with anything.

I have had it and it got really annoying.

If you do have the regimen, use BP and moisturizer.

But if you don't

Just wash your face and let time do its work.

It took me 3-5 days to see that it has decreased in size and redness. As of now, I have no more harsh break outs. Just little ones.

One more thing, DON'T PICK AT IT! It will just make it worse, trust me.

Edited by TheatreChild