Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ghostunit

I just took H1N1 vaccine shot...

I did OK? My parents obligate me to do it and I did it....

I actually did this for my families...

I hope this doesn't effect my skin... and my health >_<

Sorry if I posted this on the wrong section.

Edited by EddieE

Your parents make you get shots? How old are you? (not being rude btw)

I agree. You look old enough in your pictures to make your own decisions. By the way, I do not get vaccines for health reasons. They have unsafe levels of mercury and aluminum. I'd rather not get them.

I live with them =\ they want to be safe. Plus my sister is pregnant.

But one shot shouldn't hurt......

I never did this stuff =\

I got the H1N1 vaccine almost a month ago along with my child. His daycare had a child that was diagnose with the H1N1 virus and that was why we decided to be extra cautious. I had no side effects from the vaccine and neither did my son.

I got the H1N1 vaccine almost a month ago along with my child. His daycare had a child that was diagnose with the H1N1 virus and that was why we decided to be extra cautious. I had no side effects from the vaccine and neither did my son.

Thanks! I just wanted to make my family happy.

I would do anything to make them happy so I had no choice and get the shot. :|

Making them happy and them deciding whether you get a shot are two different things. So what if they wanted you to color your hair a certain color or wear a certain color shirt, would you just to make them happy?

Yowzers, you are actually a year older than me. If I lived with my parents and they ever forced me to get something as serious as a shot, I would move the hell out. Sorry, but after you are past the elementary school age I don't think parents have a right to force you to do anything. Yes they have a right to make you follow the house rules, but getting a shot should always be your own personal choice.

Making them happy and them deciding whether you get a shot are two different things. So what if they wanted you to color your hair a certain color or wear a certain color shirt, would you just to make them happy?

I would do anything to make my families happy.

Just gotta be happy.....

If they want me to wear bikini, I will go for it.

Yowzers, you are actually a year older than me. If I lived with my parents and they ever forced me to get something as serious as a shot, I would move the hell out. Sorry, but after you are past the elementary school age I don't think parents have a right to force you to do anything. Yes they have a right to make you follow the house rules, but getting a shot should always be your own personal choice.

Yeah but nothing is wrong with getting the shot. I want to be safe.

Once a year shouldn't hurt, right? :)

My parents are nice, I love them. They didn't actually obligate me.. my dad said if I do this then I don't own him money :P Because I owe him $300. :|

And my mom said If I do this she'll be happy and so my grandmother.

I love them :)

Edited by EddieE

I haven't even gotten a flu shot yet. Probably won't either.

When my family goes to get their shots and stuff, I'm usually working. So I guess I miss out :lol:

Flu shot doesn't matter.. H1N1 is more evil. I only took the H1N1 shot.

I would do anything to make my families happy.

Just gotta be happy.....

If they want me to wear bikini, I will go for it.

Yeah but nothing is wrong with getting the shot. I want to be safe.

Once a year shouldn't hurt, right? :)

My parents are nice, I love them. They didn't actually obligate me.. my dad said if I do this then I don't own him money :P Because I owe him $300. :|

And my mom said If I do this she'll be happy and so my grandmother.

I love them :)

Not trying to start an argument, but when I received the shot when I was younger I got the flu two years later. Anyways, the flu is not a life threatening disease unless you are very young or old. Also, your health is more important than making your family happy over something so stupid. Like I said before, there are unsafe elements in the shots which I do not agree with and even without them, our bodies have an immune system for a reason. Also, your parents are obligating you to get the shot. Your dad said he would not make you pay him back if you got the shot. That sounds pretty bad to me. You are not 5 anymore.

Edited by Warrior of Acne

if you get your vitamin d levels up to optimum levels, that may be better then getting the flu shot, or just as good.

it was reported that the method of determining the actual cases of h1n1 is based on probability, and the actual number of people with h1n1 is no where near even the normal flu cases around this time of year, as far as i have read h1n1 is very real, but its reported threat is just a precautionary measure and taken a bit out of proportion, its actually pretty unlikely you will get it, and more likely you will get normal virus instead, but they may have blew this whole thing up just to be on the safe side.

i have been focusing on getting my d levels up my getting lots of sun this summer, so far ive lived with 4 people that had flu to some degree and i have not become sick, i am amazed.

if you get your vitamin d levels up to optimum levels, that may be better then getting the flu shot, or just as good.

it was reported that the method of determining the actual cases of h1n1 is based on probability, and the actual number of people with h1n1 is no where near even the normal flu cases around this time of year, as far as i have read h1n1 is very real, but its reported threat is just a precautionary measure and taken a bit out of proportion, its actually pretty unlikely you will get it, and more likely you will get normal virus instead, but they may have blew this whole thing up just to be on the safe side.

i have been focusing on getting my d levels up my getting lots of sun this summer, so far ive lived with 4 people that had flu to some degree and i have not become sick, i am amazed.

Yeah, I had the swine flu and it was nothing. I am not one of those people just claiming I had it for attention either. I was tested. It was not bad at ALL like the media portrays it.

Well, I'm still going to buy Vitamin D ... I didn't want to get the H1N1 shot but I had no choice.... my family don't believe that vit d helps... I have to listen to them because I live with them. I know that I'm old.... but just one shot shouldn't hurt...

So I guess I'm no longer a healthy guy?

I should be eating junks? >_<

I was going to search in Google about it... but had no time.... :(

Having had the flu shot does not mean you are screwed for life. It is probably better not to have it but to each their own.

Having had the flu shot does not mean you are screwed for life. It is probably better not to have it but to each their own.

OK thanks. I won't do it again.. this was the last shot. :)

I will continue to eat healthy.. I just hope it doesn't effect my skin....

My skin looks nice...I searched on google for it and found nothing...

So I guess it doesn't effect the skin.

By the way, I still feel the same as usual...

I can't believe I did this.... >_>

Edited by EddieE

I definitely do not think the shot would have anything to do with your skin at all.

I definitely do not think the shot would have anything to do with your skin at all.

Thanks! But I care about health more then skin! That's why I eat healthy.

I will admit it... I screwed up ^^

I'm hoping nothing happens to me later on... :)

Edited by EddieE

Don't think there is anything to worry about. A normal person absorb 6-12 micro gram mercury/week from food intake. Up to 96micro gram/week is a safe amount according to FAO and WHO. One shot of H1N1 contains 2,5 micro gram of mercury. Although its ethyl mercury(twice as poisonous) in the shot and methyl mercury in foods, but this doesn't really matter. There are few researches made on ethyl mercury but scientists believe that it leaves the body quicker than methyl mercury.

Don't think there is anything to worry about. A normal person absorb 6-12 micro gram mercury/week from food intake. Up to 96micro gram/week is a safe amount according to FAO and WHO. One shot of H1N1 contains 2,5 micro gram of mercury. Although its ethyl mercury(twice as poisonous) in the shot and methyl mercury in foods, but this doesn't really matter. There are few researches made on ethyl mercury but scientists believe that it leaves the body quicker than methyl mercury.

Yeah I didn't have any side effect... I still feel the same as usual.

This is a rare side effect, but this girl can only walk backward after the flu vaccine:

Oh, and the creators of the smallpox vaccine and 50% of physicians have stated that they will not be getting the H1N1 vaccine themselves because it can cause neurological damage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPjy8H_iNyg

Edited by Dotty1

Me and my husband were pretty sick 2 weeks ago and didn't know what it was till I took my baby to the hospital with a fever of 104. It was H1N1, she got tamaflu and was fine in a couple days. I know I felt like crap, but it didn't last very long, and my husband was only really sick for 1 day... my sister got the vaccine and became almost as sick as I was.

I don't know why people are getting stirred up about his family making him do it, he didn't ask for opinions on it. He asked how it would affect your skin.

I don't think it'll affect your skin; I haven't gotten the shot yet so I don't know from personal matters. I would get the shot but unfortunately my state lost a bunch of them :dry: