Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vicious Lyss

I touch my face too much..

Arghhh, it's just so hard not to. I get bored and then I'll just touch my face. Not really doing anything in general, just touching. Like when I'm tired. I'll just run my hand down my face. Or when I'm not doing anything, I'll feel for any new zits, pick at scabbed skin, anything. Even when I'm sleeping, I usually sleep on a hand.

Anyone else like this? I need to stop, it's just a matter of control I guess. Distractions are needed and I can't find one that can take place of this hobby. I know I can't be alone on this...!

Oh yeah those were the days when i dont talk to myself.. I found out that if i keep myself busy by talking to it, i hardly touch my skin.. worth a try ;)

Yeah. I do this alot too. Actually I thought I did write that post. Sometimes when I touch my face and I feel new pimples forming, I wonder how I missed them. Then I stress about it forming, and then it happens because I touch it.

How I have been there. I once was a compulsive skin picker until I said to myself, hun, this does more harm than good and you're too beautiful to deal with such crapola. So, although it may be hard, do not pick, do not touch, and wash your hands and face beaucoup.

heres a tip ;whenever your feel the audacity to touch your face pls avoid doing it ,think about how you will look to society,i hate that my parents tell me to pop the whiteheads ,but really wouldnt do it because it would make the pimple look red and can leave a dirty looking scar i had a scar that was on my forehead and i had to deal with it every day and now that its cleared up i learned my lesson the hard way ;) .

i am horrible at controlling myself when it comes to touching my face. recently i've started noticing how i'm the only person who touches her face AT ALL and so i started to sit on my hands. but yeah, i look for new ones and see if i can pick up flaky skin, etc. i just can't leave whiteheads alone. i'm really not sure what happens if it was left alone though. or how long it would take for it to go away on its own. so i risk it and just pop it. the most i've left anything alone is two days. thats long enough for me.

i touch my face all the time, it doesn't seem to affect my acne at all though. as for dry skin, i have a terrible habit of rubbing my face with the sleeve of my sweatshirts to get flaky skin off :/

OMG i do this all the time! I recentally had like an "A HA!' moment whe i decided that i just wont touch it anymore. Like leave sticky notes saying "Dont Touch your skin" on your mirror to help you stop also everytime to touch you face think about all the zits you can get. I also have learned that if you wash you pillow sheets regulary( like once a week) it will help get ride of oils that build up on the pillow and keep them from getting on your skin.

Trust me i understand its really hard to stop but its awesome to not have to worry about popped zits.