Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MarkP9114

picking up prescription?

I had the same problem last time with my stupid pharmacy. This is probably a stupid question, but how do you guys pick up your accutane? Do you just go into the pharmacy, say your name, and wah-la you have it?

My derm said he would call the prescription in on friday. I waited till today to get it, just to be safe. I called my pharmacy and asked if it was ready. My pharmacy said they have no records of filling my prescription. What the heck! This same exact thing happened last time.

I have a small little prescription paper my derm gave me. Can I show that to the pharmacy? It just says what I am supposed to be prescribed and his signature. I don't know if I am supposed to use that or if thats just for my own records..

I guess I'll just have to wait until monday to call my derm's office again.

I think you can show them your prescription paper. Thats what I always bring them when I get any prescription. However, it might be different when it comes to accutane, worth a try though.

Just go up to the drop off line. Take your prescription and tell them u want to fill it. And they will take ur info. Make sure to take your insurance because if they don't have you on record then they probably don't have your insurance. Make sure it is an insurance card for the pharmacy, i use to get people, who handed me insurance cards and they werent the right ones and they would get mad and think i could find out there info without it but that is too much of a hassle. You should have an ipledge card thing. YOU NEED TO HAVE THIS! IF YOU DON'T THEY CANT FILL! Sometimes if the pharmacy techs are nice and smart they will they can do a search for your ipledge number. You will have to wait for the prescription b/c of the type of drug it is and the ipledge thing.

Or just ask them when you go to the drop off line. "My doc called in a prescription,but you said you didn't get it, can you let me know if it is here? If not i have a prescription"

Oh and yes that is legititmate prescription. It should have the docs office or name or something that looks professional at the top and then in the middle it should have accutane written and some other doodle looking stuff, which should be how it is taken. And then his signature.

Does it look like that?

EX- Pharmacy tech for 3 yrs (just quit)

Edited by ILoveMyPuppy

Just go up to the drop off line. Take your prescription and tell them u want to fill it. And they will take ur info. Make sure to take your insurance because if they don't have you on record then they probably don't have your insurance. Make sure it is an insurance card for the pharmacy, i use to get people, who handed me insurance cards and they werent the right ones and they would get mad and think i could find out there info without it but that is too much of a hassle. You should have an ipledge card thing. YOU NEED TO HAVE THIS! IF YOU DON'T THEY CANT FILL! Sometimes if the pharmacy techs are nice and smart they will they can do a search for your ipledge number. You will have to wait for the prescription b/c of the type of drug it is and the ipledge thing.

Or just ask them when you go to the drop off line. "My doc called in a prescription,but you said you didn't get it, can you let me know if it is here? If not i have a prescription"

Oh and yes that is legititmate prescription. It should have the docs office or name or something that looks professional at the top and then in the middle it should have accutane written and some other doodle looking stuff, which should be how it is taken. And then his signature.

Does it look like that?

haha yes my paper does look like that! it has my derm offices number and address at the top, then it has my name and the date.

Then in the middle it says accutane 40 mg AM and 20 mg PM

dispit month? haha i cant read the writing

then it says refill 0 times and his signature

Does it look like that?

haha yes my paper does look like that! it has my derm offices number and address at the top, then it has my name and the date.

Then in the middle it says accutane 40 mg AM and 20 mg PM

dispit month? haha i cant read the writing

then it says refill 0 times and his signature

Do you have your ipledge? Take it!

I don't think doctors can call in accutane, he probably accidently said that( The reason why you have a prescription). I have never seen accutane called or faxed in. Everyone came in with it and had to wait.

Edited by ILoveMyPuppy

thanks ilovemypuppy! i just went and picked it up :) except they didn't have enough sotret so they gave me 2 boxes of sotret and 1 amnesteem..boo i hope i dont break out worse cuz of that

thanks ilovemypuppy! i just went and picked it up :) except they didn't have enough sotret so they gave me 2 boxes of sotret and 1 amnesteem..boo i hope i dont break out worse cuz of that

No problem, if you have any pharmacy problems or questions let me know. lol

For any prescription I have ever had, I just drop off the paper with my name, and they tell me the x amount of minutes to come back in. I come back and pay and wah-la! All done. I am pretty sure Accutane would be the same because I have picked up some very strong drugs and it works the same way.