Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Solid Cake

I smoked Weed once and it made me breakout...

I smoked weed once and it made me breakout for about a week and now its stopped thank god. I have gotten my hands on a weed brownie and i would like to know if that will also make me breakout. More specificly, is it the thc that makes me break out or the actual act of smoking itself?

I smoked weed once and it made me breakout for about a week and now its stopped thank god. I have gotten my hands on a weed brownie and i would like to know if that will also make me breakout. More specificly, is it the thc that makes me break out or the actual act of smoking itself?

I'm actually curious about this too, because last time i smoked it I broke out as well.

Maybe if you did not smoke at all you would not be having this problem.

Well thats what he wants to know, if its caused because of the smoking or because of the THC

Maybe if you did not smoke at all you would not be having this problem.

Well thats what he wants to know, if its caused because of the smoking or because of the THC

I have no idea which would break him out but he obviously has to choose which is worth it; smoking weed or breaking out. Only he can decide.

It depends. Smoking weed increases the bodies testosterone levels, which can lead to break outs. It all depends on the person. Personally, I hardly ever smoke weed, and rarely afterwords do i break out anymore than I usually would. You can't generalize it. You can't say, "smoking weed makes everyone break out,"because it doesn't. But you could say smoking weed "causes some people to break out depending on how high their tosterone levels already are."

It's all lies. Just like when people say if you eat chocolate, fats, sugars, you'll break out. Don't believe any of it. Where is the proof that weed raises testosterone levels? I know plenty of extreme pot heads that have the clearest skin. It's just your time to start getting acne. I hope it's not bad, though. You might just start getting pimples here and there, or a full out bumpy face. You never know. I don't recommend this, but if you want to keep smoking, go for it. Weed does not have an effect on acne. You can even experiment yourself. stop smoking for like a month, see if you get a pimple or not.

I used to smoke all through high school, and while I did have acne in high school, I had it before I ever started smoking. I don't smoke anymore, maybe here and there but not like I used to, and my acne is actually worse than ever.

I don't know about this "weed changes testosterone levels" business, I've never read or heard about that - I'll probly go look it up now hehe.

Anyway, I don't think it would be the cannabis directly causing you to break out, you may have a hormone imbalance already and smoking/ingesting thc could irritate it.

Do some research and experimenting... :cool:

skylyre

Like I said I would, I satisfied my curious mind and did some quick research.

"A widely held claim has also been that cannabis lowers male testosterone levels (Kolodny, 1974). This theory has been challenged by several studies (Block, 1991; Mendelson et al., 1974; Coggins et al., 1976) that found no correlation at all. Marijuana and Health (Natl. Acad. Sciences, Inst. Medicine, 1982), also, after reviewing literature at that time, concluded that 'Due to conflicting and incomplete evidence, it is not possible to conclude at the present time whether marijuana smoking has a significant effect upon gonadotropic and testosterone concentrations in humans.'"

From http://www.lycaeum.org/~sputnik/Drugs/THC/...physiology.html

If I were you, I would first decide how much I like smoking. If I enjoyed and did not want to give it up, then I would do a few trials.

Try smoking vs. vaporizing vs. ingesting.

Maybe do a few trials of each and see how your skin responds, including not doing it at all. And then report your results because I'm curious lol :)

I heart science.

skylyre

Edited by skylyre

I myself have recently stopped smoking hash daily since 2 weeks ago..

Tbh not much change, but usually after a few joints my skin felt much greasyer and unpleasent.Unthough its classed as an anti-inflam smoking alot of those nasty toxins inside and around your body wont be doing your skin much favours.

As for brownies i give you an all clear and happy trip :dance:

Hmm... my skin actually looked better/or the same after getting high. Smoke is an irritant though so careful. I suppose it just depends on your physiology. Or maybe you were sloppy about washing your face when high.

I had a friend in high school who was paranoid about washing his hands after handling any weed. He claimed there was a lot of bacteria on it and it could easily be transfered to the face (causing a breakout). When you are high, you aren't always so careful about not touching your face... so if his theory was correct about the bacteria, perhaps that's the problem. As noted above, I have known a lot of serious pot heads with irritatingly perfect skin, so I think it varies from person to person the way our individual diets and sleep cycles do.

Well... I've been smoking weed maybe 3-5 times a week for over a year now and various other drugs. I wouldn't say it's causing my mild Acne but I would say the mad ass munchies I always get from lighting up a big old fat joint would be, lol. Obviously smoking isn't good for your skin or body for that matter but I wouldn't say it would cause Acne from my experience.

I too have noticed a connection between marijuana and acne. It seems like every time I smoke I break out. I quit smoking for a few months this year and for those few months I still had a zit or two, but nothing even close to when I was smoking. Then I decided to go back to it and BAM, instantly broken out again.

which is why I'm quitting again.

true again its person to person thing. i have a work buddy who ive now worked with for over 6 months and in that time he has had about 4 spots. thats it!..

he smokes and drinks regularly. so think what you like about smoking diet etc.

shame really. wish it was simpler :(