Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pandora6

Dandruff & Spot Acne

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum but I've been visiting this site for years. As of late, I've been getting small and large nodules around my mouth, upper lip, and the side of my face-near my eyes. I have also noticed that when my scalp begins to itch or feel irritated, my nodules form. I do touch my face from time to time, after I itch my scalp. I have tried Dan's regimen also, I've seen results but I would end up breaking out again after devout applications but now my spot acnes are nodules instead of pimples. I attempted to try Paula's Choice products but it doesn't seem to work...

My regimen is as follows:

-Paula's Choice CLEAR Anti-Acne System

1. Cleanser

2. Toner-2% Salicylic Acid

3. BP-5%

4. Hydralight moisture-infusing lotion

*I usually apply the 2%BHA Beta hydroxy acid gel before BP.

-I take one 1200 mg of Omega Fish Oil capsule a day.

-I am using Aveeno Nourish + Soothe Shampoo which has lavender and peppermint, plus wheat moisturizers for dry and itchy scalp. I have tried everything for my scalp from head and shoulders, Neutrogena T-Gel, Selinium Sulfide 2.5% to 5%, and medicated shampoos from doctors.

-I have not had this kind of reaction until now, I am 24 years old. I would use to get small white heads and pimples. My skin isn't healing as fast either.

-I am on Microgestin 1.5/35 mg (Birth control).

-I currently do not have health insurance.

-My recent stressors have been resigning from FDA on 9/11/09, and now recently losing my part-time job as a caregiver on 11/11/09. I am also studying for my state licenses to become a financial advisor.

Does any one have suggestions? I would greatly appreciate your input. Have a great day!

Pandora6