Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
az0889

My lips hurt real bad:(

OK so I am 11 days into the generic form of accutane and my bottom lip is sooooooo dry! I ate tacos last night and couldn't even use fire sauce because it burned so bad:( I have used various chapsticks and even Vaseline. Anyone have any other good remedies?

Until you get your Chopsaver, get some aquaphor. It's the only thing that has saved my lips. Good luck.

Yea it sucks.. I only have 1 month left and its its still bad when it comes to eating spicy foods.. Aquaphor is the best for dry lips..

Until you get your Chopsaver, get some aquaphor. It's the only thing that has saved my lips. Good luck.

SOO true. I'm only on day 20 but my lips started to get REALLY really dry so I got a bunch of Aquaphor and as long as my lips have it on, they're pretty much normal!

Thank you soo soo much!!

Def aquaphor and I also like Palmers' cocoa butter stick for lips, and Blistex's Deep Renewal with spf. Those 3 are the only things that work for me but everyone is different. Aquaphor literally heals any dryness or peeling. I feel like the regular chapstick's just don't do s*** for me!

Edited by MissNarNar

I'm sorry to hear this. I've been complaining about my lips for most of my course as well.

However, I had no idea how good I had it until this past week. All of a sudden about 5 days ago my lips became insanely irritated. I don't know if this coincided with me starting to use Chopsaver or not. But, they were getting progressively worse for about a 4 day period.

I mean, little blisters, cold sores on ouside, etc. They look terrible right now. To top it off, I couldn't apply enough aquafor to keep them moisturized. I had to go from applying it every few hours to like every 30 minutes.

I stopped using the chopsaver for now to see if I had a bad reaction to that. It seems to be getting under control a little better over the past 12 hours or so as I've been slabbing globs and globs of aquafor on.

Sucks, I just started a new project at work today and my lips were a total disaster. "2 more months, 2 more months" that's my mantra now.