Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zenith10

Tight Face After Washing

Hello all!

I've been on the regimen for about a month or so, and it seems to be working fairly well. Although I have a few questions. I am still moderately dry, I use Dan's moisturizer in the morning and Cetaphil cream at night.

Also, after I shower or wash my face it gets really tight until I put moisturizer or BP on it. Anyone else experience this, or how to fix it? It also happens if my face gets wet - swimming, tubing, etc. It's kind of frustrating to always have to worry about having lotion with.

Thanks!

Zenith

Hello all!

I've been on the regimen for about a month or so, and it seems to be working fairly well. Although I have a few questions. I am still moderately dry, I use Dan's moisturizer in the morning and Cetaphil cream at night.

Also, after I shower or wash my face it gets really tight until I put moisturizer or BP on it. Anyone else experience this, or how to fix it? It also happens if my face gets wet - swimming, tubing, etc. It's kind of frustrating to always have to worry about having lotion with.

Thanks!

Zenith

Yes, I've experienced it.

I believe it's because the BP has dried out your skin, leaving it dry whether or not the BP is actually applied, and when you wash your face, the moisturizer that's keeping it soft (or trying to) is coming off.

All I've been able to do so far is bear it and moisturize moisturize moisturize when I can...

Yeah. What's frustrating is that this was happening before I started the regimen, so I'm inclined to believe it was something else.

Thanks though!

Yes, I have very dry skin on my face. I have been on the regimen since July '09 and after I wash my face it is very tight until I put moisturizer on as well. I know it is the cleanser I use and the BP treatment that has dried my face out. But once I use my moisturizer and a drop of Jojoba it's fine the rest of the day. I did a lot of swimming this summer and I just had to deal with the tightness until after I was done swimming. Unfortunately, my regimen has worked so well that I hate to change it and my dry skin is the price I pay for clear skin, I guess.

hey guys,

i urge you to read the post titled "problems with dryness or flaking?" that's pinned up above. i just started doing what it recommends and have had no problems anymore with flakes, even after showering. i haven't done swimming but i know that dan himself said swimming (because of the chemicals in the water) is extremely drying on its own. so i don't know if this will help with that, but it certainly can't hurt.

in a nutshell: you massage jojoba into your face to get the flakes off, then leave it on for ~10 minutes, then wash it off. this is done before showering or cleansing (before the regimen, basically).

another thing you can try that i've read here is to put 5-10 drops of jojoba on your face after cleansing but before adding BP. this completely stops the tightness that you feel after applying BP without altering its effectiveness.

i do both of these (the first one only when i see flakes; second one before BP) and i have much improved moisturizing on my skin now!

Edited by jamesgarney

Hello all!

Thanks!

Zenith

It just means that your skin is still adjusting to the BP. I think everything is OK as long as it does not last too much longer. I notice that after almost always washing my face. I have naturally very dry skin.

I do in fact use the jojoba oil method of removing flakes and for moisture a lot! I love it!

But, yeah, I suppose definitely my skin could still be adjusting. I'll try using some Jojoba oil after cleansing. Although, does it make really oily? I have pretty oily skin so I try to avoid jojoba oil during the day.

Also, does the jojoba just mix with the BP then?

I do in fact use the jojoba oil method of removing flakes and for moisture a lot! I love it!

But, yeah, I suppose definitely my skin could still be adjusting. I'll try using some Jojoba oil after cleansing. Although, does it make really oily? I have pretty oily skin so I try to avoid jojoba oil during the day.

Also, does the jojoba just mix with the BP then?

I do not believe you are supposed to use the jojoba oil and BP together.

Good news! I found an bottle of "HomeBest Moisturizing Cleanser" which I think is an off brand of a Cetaphil product, that is ridiculously gentle.

After getting out of the shower this morning, my face was noticeably less tighter!

i had this problem as well. found out that it was just a layer of dead skin that needed to be exfoliated. after that, face feels normal.