Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

okay so im reece im 15 and have suffered from acne since i was 13 my dad also suffered from severe acne, it started off light and gradually got worse, ive tried clearasil/oxy/dove etc nothing worked and also prescription stuff aswell. my doc reffered me to a dermotoligist and today i take my first 30 mg tablet i will be taking this for a month then she will bump me up too 65 she says i have taken a load of pictures and will post them up as soon as i find the cable for my camera.

:surprised:

okay so week 1, not much seems to have changed still breaking out havent had the "initial breakout" hopefully i wont fingers crossed (YN) minor side effects dry skin and lips and hair but that means less washing my hair :D haha.

week 2-

geeze ive got ages left and this stuff really sucks i just hope it actually does clear my acne up and make me look normal again because right now i am ugly, anyway acne has remained the same but skin seems to be red >.< dry skin has died down a bit which makes me wonder if this is even working? same side effects dryskin dry lips dry hair.

week 3-

This week really fxcking sucks i went into town this week and saw a girl i went out with, she is really popular and seriously looks like a model and i finished with her? hard to belive when i look like this she looked at me and turnt away with a shocked look i felt like curlling up in a ball and dieing :@ :|

acne really has taken over my life now :(

anyway back to the accutane still the same amount slight headache yesterday and my arm is aching, also dry skin and lips.

(i will put pictures up when i get a lead for my camera promise) :D

-week 4

not much change this week dry skin died down, still getting dry lips but happy that ive finally hit the 1 month mark wow it seems like ive been on this a lifetime =/ but still no results why doesn this stuff take so longg :(

- week 5

hey so i had a dermo appointment this week and she bumped my dose up too 65 mg a day,

she said im doing well but there was no change gotta have a blood test tomorrow which i hate :|

ahwell no pain no gain :) skin slightly dryer but not major acne still remains the same, i wish it can be clear by this christmas so i can go in late night shopping but i doubt it :( i barely go out anymore because of it and most of my friends have give up on me :( hope one day to get my old life back.

Hey reecee! Christmas will be 3ish(?) months for you and alot of people seem to start clearing then so I'm sure you'll be up for shopping and socializing. Hang in there :) And you haven't found your camera yet huh? haha

Edited by HereComesTheSun:)

hey reece . i just started accutane yesterday , but the more i read about it it seems like everyone has that mini depression your feeling . but i guess thats what acne does to people . don't worry , by christmas you'll be at the hump and your breakouts will be less and your skin will clear up .

how many months did your derm put you on accutane for ? you're probably closer then you think .

good luck ! :dance:

-Week 6

Cheers for the support feels good :D

& im on for 5 months =/

but anyway this week i havent broke out so much not once on the left side of my face just red marks but i do have 2 big cysts on the right which are so tempting to squeeze but i dont want any scars :( still getting dry skin lips and aching joints which is not good considering ive just joined a gym :L thats it really :)

week - 7

okay so i dont even know if anyone reads this anymore but it makes me feel better :D

so this week im still breaking out on the cheeks mostly whiteheads and its really Fxcking me off

people at school no me as the boy with spots now which is not good.

i cant bare to walk around in school with whiteheads on my face so i squeeze them and i dont know if accutane still clears it up when you do squeeze them? anyone know?

but hopefully i'll be clear soon just doesnt feel like its doing anything at the moment and im 7 weeks in apart from making me break out :@

thanks x

week - 8

still no changes still breaking out on the cheeks new whiteheads everyday, same side effects dry/skin/lips. used aquious on hands because i had a pretty bad rash on them worked a treat. :)

kinda getting bored of this because nothing's really happening and doesnt seem like it's going to.

but anyway thats me for this week.

week 9-10

so my left cheek has kinda stopped breaking out still red marks and about a whitehead once a week? right cheek had a massive breakout yesterday and yes i mean massive like 4 cysts right next to each other, it's kinda gone down now im trying to like dry it out my not putting moisturizer on it lol. i can barely lift things as my bones are aching so much skin remained dry but that can be controlled and lips the same. i only use vasleline on them at night and leave them during the day because i dont know if there's a balm that isnt glossy? if there is please suggest i will listen.

but yeah maybe an improovement on my left cheek? but im still not happy with what its like also im really really worried about marks from my poors from squeezing blackheads will this get better whilst on accutane or is there any lotions i can put on it that will help or any laser treatment please reply to that one and good luck with all of your accutane!