Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
b4byfac3

blackheads?

For the past year or so I keep getting all these little white/transparent balls all over my cheeks and chin. They are especially apparent after showering in the morning. Which is when I usually have to scratch it off gently. But I was wondering are these blackheads? I seem to get them every single day and it's nearly impossible to scratch all of them off. It's starting to drive me insane because of the amount of time spent trying to remove them on a daily basis. It can take up to an hour for me to remove most of it. So, does anyone else have a similar problem and know how to effectively remove them? Or stop them from forming in the first place?

I totally know what you mean. I call them sebum balls because they are hard dried up sebum that has accumulated on your skin. Your skin is not properly shedding hence the buildup. I have the same issue and I spend hours upon hours looking in the mirror trying to clear my face of them. My face looks like a war zone after I wash it. Slowing down your oil production is the answer. I'm on doxycycline right now(just started last week) and I have seen any improvment yet. I'm also using mandelic acid on my pores to clean them out after I pluck all the gunk out. I hate this too.

I totally know what you mean. I call them sebum balls because they are hard dried up sebum that has accumulated on your skin. Your skin is not properly shedding hence the buildup. I have the same issue and I spend hours upon hours looking in the mirror trying to clear my face of them. My face looks like a war zone after I wash it. Slowing down your oil production is the answer. I'm on doxycycline right now(just started last week) and I have seen any improvment yet. I'm also using mandelic acid on my pores to clean them out after I pluck all the gunk out. I hate this too.

Wait a sec. Is sebum balls the correct term for what we have? And how is it different than blackheads? Or are they the same?

dont know if sebum balls is the correct name but its what I call them. The mandelic I've been using helps draw them out which is great but I need to stop them from filling up again. Maybe once there all out the mandelic help keep them at bay. what are you using to get them out? I use my tweezer

dont know if sebum balls is the correct name but its what I call them. The mandelic I've been using helps draw them out which is great but I need to stop them from filling up again. Maybe once there all out the mandelic help keep them at bay. what are you using to get them out? I use my tweezer

for the past year I've experimented with many things but nothing seems to work. I've tried different cleansers with salicylic acid, different cleansing pads with salicylic acid and/or hydrogen peroxide and different routines in which i use them. But for the most part nothing seems to work. All I can really do is manually scratch them off gently or rub them off after a hot shower. And even then I can't remove all of it. I don't even know how you use a tweezer because there seems to be billions on my face ! If i tried using a tweezer I would be stuck in the bathroom for the rest of my life.

I pretty much am stuck in the bathroom on the average of 2 hours a day. At least one in the morning and one at night. Slowing my oil production is the best bet I have in reducing them. Today they are not as bad for some reason. I think the Doxy I'm on helps with that but so far no topicals. Im praying the mandelic will help shed the pore and keep it clear once the sebum balls are out. Is your skin dry also? Mine is, so its so hard to figure out what to wash with and use. My skin shows every indication that is oily(hence the dried up hard sebum) but its dry on the surface after washing. so weird. How did the Hydrogen Peroxide work? I've thought about trying that

I pretty much am stuck in the bathroom on the average of 2 hours a day. At least one in the morning and one at night. Slowing my oil production is the best bet I have in reducing them. Today they are not as bad for some reason. I think the Doxy I'm on helps with that but so far no topicals. Im praying the mandelic will help shed the pore and keep it clear once the sebum balls are out. Is your skin dry also? Mine is, so its so hard to figure out what to wash with and use. My skin shows every indication that is oily(hence the dried up hard sebum) but its dry on the surface after washing. so weird. How did the Hydrogen Peroxide work? I've thought about trying that

The cleansing pad I used had both salicyclic acid and hydrogen peroxide but it peeled the skin on my fingers so I stopped using it. It did somewhat help in removing the hardened sebum but not significantly. And my skin is oily for the most part.

I increased my doxy to 300 mg for a couple of days and it helped stopped all the sebum balls I get that clog my chin but once I cut back it seems to be starting again. I cant maintain that kind of dosage for very long. It seems way to high. I was in a good place for like a week and half where I didnt even think about my skin. Yay!! Now today its oily and the whiteheads are coming back. Ughhh. What will slow oil production?

I increased my doxy to 300 mg for a couple of days and it helped stopped all the sebum balls I get that clog my chin but once I cut back it seems to be starting again. I cant maintain that kind of dosage for very long. It seems way to high. I was in a good place for like a week and half where I didnt even think about my skin. Yay!! Now today its oily and the whiteheads are coming back. Ughhh. What will slow oil production?

Accutane?

I've been getting them ever since I've been putting lemon on my face. Lemon has been clearing me up so well on my scarring and blackheads but now all of the sudden I'm getting these little white transparent heads. They become inflamed after I shave and that irritates the crap out of me. I get so close to being 100% clear but yet so far now.

I don't know if I should quit using lemon every day. Any suggestions?

These sound like milia seeds ... are they something different? I have a problem with milia seeds. The Accutane is clearing them up quite well, though. Other than the Accutane, I haven't found anything that clears them up.

Guys, give this a shot:

Get rid of whiteheads/blackheads

I've been trying it for a couple of weeks, and it does work... but you have to do it 2 or 3 times to catch most of them (you'll never completely get them all).

If you try it, make sure to get the cheapest toilet paper, with single sheets (or if you have tp with double sheets, peel off one of the sheets and use them as single sheets). What I do is shower for 30-40 minutes, splashing water on my face as much as I can... that opens the pores and the gunk shows a lot more (the problem with these whiteheads or whatever you call them, is that they hide very fast when you get in contact with cold air - e.g. when you get out of the shower). As soon as I get out of the shower, I spread some egg white on cheeks and forehead... and then place the single sheets over the areas. They start to dry up pretty soon, so you can quickly apply a layer of egg white on top of the toiler paper sheets. Now you're ready and just have to stay put for 10 minutes or so, while using a fan on your face, or an A/C, etc. After it's completely dry, just peel off the tp like the girl does in the video.

It works, you can see the white gunk all over the tp... but of course it doesn't get them all... and some are very stubborn and go very deep in the skin... well those you have to squeeze em out... there's no other way.

Accutane works wonders, even at a very low dose... but hell, once you're out of the accutane dosage, they come back... and you can't be on an accutane regime for too long. This sucks.

Edited by Sonic999

I'm still trying to figure out what to do sighhh. The best I can do right now is gently scratch off what I can and then apply moisturizer so it doesn't look too apparent.

I have this!

But mine is much worse

Mine get clogged very deep in my pores to the point where I have to use a needle to extract the hard sebum(?)

Even then I am often left with scabs from squeezing so hard to get them out! Icepick scars are beginning to show and I am stuck with what to do. I went on doxycycline just over a year ago which cleared up my acne nicely and I currently still take it. I have only had this sebum problem for 4-5 months.

I also use differin gel on my face which is benzol peroxide once or twice a day...

My acne is still pretty well under control so I am considering stopping the anti biotics (doxy) treatment or the differin gel treatment... or possibly both.

In urgent need of help, I cant keep sticking a pin in my face!