Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bobby Stephenson

Washing off Dan's BP gel

I'm pretty sure the BP gel would be fully absorbed into your skin long before two hours, thus rendering any washing pointless.

If you want to see what difference washing BP off would make, I'd suggest maybe waiting only 30 seconds to a minute after BP application. The gel absorbs pretty quickly.

Does the gel need to stay on all day? Is it cool to wash the gel off after a couple of hours?

You apply the BP gel twice a day, everyday. The only time you wash it off is when you are performing the regimen again the same day. It is meant to be left on the entire day minus the times you are reapplying it for the next application of the day. Hope that answers your question.

I'm pretty sure the BP gel would be fully absorbed into your skin long before two hours, thus rendering any washing pointless....

Yeah but there's a layer of dried BP on my face all day. Sometimes I get water on it and I can see it dripping off. Can I really rinse it off after 2 hours?

You apply the BP gel twice a day, everyday. The only time you wash it off is when you are performing the regimen again the same day. It is meant to be left on the entire day...

It is very irritating to have it on all day. Some times it itch, other times it just feels like an extra layer of junk on my face. It is very irritating. Should I still leave it on all day? Doesn't it stop working at some point and I can rinse it off?

From my prior experience with the Regimen, I never noticed it on my skin. It absorbed very well for me and washing off the BP would defeat the purpose of the Regimen. If it itches while on, you may have a benzoyl peroxide allergy.

From the FAQs:

Q: Do we rinse off the benzoyl peroxide?

A: You will not rinse off the benzoyl peroxide. Once it is applied, you will leave it on the skin.

The point of The Regimen is to always have BP on your skin so that it can always be killing acne bacteria. Washing it off would prevent it from doing so.