Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gwennie

My Accutane Log !

A big hello to all those who decide to read this , hopefully someone does . For those who care , my name is Gwen . I'm 16 and your average teenager . Unfortunatly , I've dealt with blackheads since grade 8 , and now , going into my 12th year of school , with graduation around the corner - my acne has only gotten worse . I have pimples , scars , deep pores , bacne (sadly) , whiteheads and yes , those damned blackheads . My acne is on my forhead and under the jawline (and the back) , and I have blackheads across my cheeks and chin . I have a few small pimples on my chest , but they're easy to cover up . The whiteheads are mainly forhead and back .

It's hard to see , as most of you probably know , all of your friends have smooth skin , free of blemishes and never wearing coverup and then you looking like you dunked for face in paint . Thats how I felt , and still do . I have to wear foundation , stick cover up and powder and you can still see the acne ! Most people say it isnt bad , but I know it's there and that's what upsets me .

So over the past few years , I've gone through antibiotics , topical creams , birth control and of course , much to my dismay , nothing worked . Many people say 'teenage acne' comes and then goes , but sadly , mine only gets worse . So I went to my doctor and she hooked me up with a dermatologist . Unfortunately , she said , it looked like I would have to wait until January . Lucky for me , my aunt had an appointment in late October and hooked me up with her instead .

So I went to the derm , and was told to go on Accutane . I expected I was going to , a few of my friends have been on it , and I had been researching it for a while . Plus , my doctor hinted she would probably put me on it . So I went for the blood work , and finally , today , I took my first pill .

I'm on 40 mg , for the first two weeks I have been told to take it every other day (to make sure I wont be allergic , or have any odd side affects) and once that time is up , I'm on it every day for five months . I believe that brings me to April of 2010 . So sadly that means I'm missing partying on New Years , and my birthday , BUT , by the summer , I'll have wonderful clear skin and that is my ultimate goal .

So after reading the man logs on here , I decided to join the troops and make a log , so maybe one day when I have wonderful success , someone who has been sad , angry and upset over their acne reads my log and can have as much hope as I do at this moment .

Day One

So , as you already know , I've taken my first pill . I swallowed it after eating a big breakfast and that was that . I'm on the road to victory . I noticed some people said getting side effects the first day , and I don't really have any except my cheeks are red . Either I'm just really hot , or maybe the Accutane is doing something . Time will tell .

I expect dry skin for sure , and for this I have the following :

La Roche - Posay Ceralip Lip Repair Cream ; made specifically for people with extremely dry lips as a result of medications .

La Roche - Posay Effaclar Face Wash and Spectro Face Wash ; stuff for dry skin and stuff .

La Roche - Posay Effaclar Face Cream ; made for people with extremely dry skin .

So , here I go , popping little yellow pills , to rid myself of the annoyance called acne once and for all .

Thanks to any of the people who actually read this , and good luck to everyone else out there ! :)

Day Two

So , I haven't taken the pill today because like I said yesterday I'm only supposed to take it every other day for two weeks . So far I haven't noticed anything , but I suppose thats also quite typical . Do drugs really work on the first day haha ? I feel like my forehead has broken out more , but I don't know if I'm just being optimistic and hoping that I'll be a special case and my acne will clear up sooner then it should , or I'm just having a regular break out .

I guess time will tell :think: .

Day 3

Woohoo , pill two . No change really , but I feel like my forehead is having a breakout because when I touch it , I feel tons of pimples growin in underneath . I'm not going to look forward to when I'm on Accutane everyday and have my IB . But , hey , by April I'll be good I hope .

Day 4

Well , day four . No side affects , I guess they'll come later then most people . My nose is dry , I can see it peeling or something on the one side , I guess that means I'm going to have fun times with this drug when I get on it for everyday .

good luck with your course :)

i just started 22 days ago on 80 mg a day

& i dont even have severe acne.

are you on name brand or a generic?

I am on claravis.

Day Five

Took my third pill today , I'm not sure if it's just me or it's how it actaully goes but my lips are definately chapped . I can usually rub my lips together and theyre nice and smooth , but no longer can I say that is possible :think: . Around my nose was itchy and sore , maybe it was just my makeup , but it began occuring a few hours after I took the pill , and it didn't feel better until I put cream on it . I guess my journey has begun for sure now . Ahh ! My next pill I take on Friday , so I expect the more I take it , the more I'll be whipping cream out during class . Eep .

its tough but hang in there girl. im in accutane hell and have 3 months left!

HEY :) Good luck with your course! I'm sure you'll turn out fine with clear skin :) Anyway sounds like your on the same dosage as me since your alternating 40mg every 2 days while I'm on 20mg a day! Anyway we're of the same age too! COOL. Will check in on your log to see your progress! Take care :)

Day Six

Crikey , almost a full week on Accutane . I guess my side effects aren't / wont be that terrible until I start taking it everyday , but the skin around and on my nose is sore , itchy and dry as a desert . I have to put cream on it , and I can only assume it's from the Accutane because I have multiple blackheads / future pimples around that area . My lips are sparatically dry , so one quick wipe of cream and I'm fine . Tomorrow I take another pill , and I assume I'll begin to have some really fun side effects .

HEY :) Good luck with your course! I'm sure you'll turn out fine with clear skin :) Anyway sounds like your on the same dosage as me since your alternating 40mg every 2 days while I'm on 20mg a day! Anyway we're of the same age too! COOL. Will check in on your log to see your progress! Take care :)

Day Seven

Took another pill , and three new pimples formed on my cheeks . My blackheads look slightly more noticable . Not as much oil as usual , but my face is feeling over dried . I can't win . :doh:

Day Eight

Don't take a pill today , but my pimples are super sore when I touch them . I have new pimples forming on my back , and a few emerging ones on my face . My face is super dry , and my lips are slightly chapped . My mom says my blackheads are very noticable , sigh . I just want to get into the actual IB so I can get it over with .

Day Seven

Took another pill , and three new pimples formed on my cheeks . My blackheads look slightly more noticable . Not as much oil as usual , but my face is feeling over dried . I can't win . :doh:

Day Eight

Don't take a pill today , but my pimples are super sore when I touch them . I have new pimples forming on my back , and a few emerging ones on my face . My face is super dry , and my lips are slightly chapped . My mom says my blackheads are very noticable , sigh . I just want to get into the actual IB so I can get it over with .

Hey Gwennie, good luck with your course. I am on day 16 and I am FEELING the side effects LOL. My skin is so dry and itchy, and for the first time in my life I have dandruff. The sides of my nose felt weird at first too, they didnt appear dry but when i touched it the skin was rough and itchy. When do you start taking your pills back to back?

This accutane journey is hard but thats why I came here because there are so many people that understand. We're all in this together. There are so many of us on the same pill right now and hopefully in a few months we are all recovered. =]

OH AND, question for you all. how do I place a link to my accutane log as my signature? :)

Hey Gwennie, good luck with your course. I am on day 16 and I am FEELING the side effects LOL. My skin is so dry and itchy, and for the first time in my life I have dandruff. The sides of my nose felt weird at first too, they didnt appear dry but when i touched it the skin was rough and itchy. When do you start taking your pills back to back?

This accutane journey is hard but thats why I came here because there are so many people that understand. We're all in this together. There are so many of us on the same pill right now and hopefully in a few months we are all recovered. =]

OH AND, question for you all. how do I place a link to my accutane log as my signature? :)

Oh boy , now I'm super excited for my sixteenth day . Haha , I know , I wake up and I almost don't want to wash my face because it's so like not oily . It is such a wierd feeling not having oil on my face for the first time in years .

I start Friday morning actually , so really soon ! I'm almost nervous really , because then thats when the IB will definately kick in .

It's true , and we all will be flaunting our new skin sooner then we think . My friend has two months left , and he said to me that he never gets new breakouts and that his face looks pretty well perfect . Hopefully we all have that luck .

If you go to 'My Menu' under the "Welcome back ," thing up in the top left , and scroll to my controls , then click it - somewhere on the left side it should say something about a signature , and a link is put in by clicking the green arrowy blob thing with a + near the smiley . You'll see what I mean !

Oh boy , now I'm super excited for my sixteenth day . Haha , I know , I wake up and I almost don't want to wash my face because it's so like not oily . It is such a wierd feeling not having oil on my face for the first time in years .

I start Friday morning actually , so really soon ! I'm almost nervous really , because then thats when the IB will definately kick in .

It's true , and we all will be flaunting our new skin sooner then we think . My friend has two months left , and he said to me that he never gets new breakouts and that his face looks pretty well perfect . Hopefully we all have that luck .

If you go to 'My Menu' under the "Welcome back ," thing up in the top left , and scroll to my controls , then click it - somewhere on the left side it should say something about a signature , and a link is put in by clicking the green arrowy blob thing with a + near the smiley . You'll see what I mean !

Thanks for the tip! =]

This is day 17 for me and I think my breakout is kind of starting to clear up, but who really knows with accutane right? I dont want to get all excited and then have a massive breakout so im just trying to go with the flow and avoid the mirror haha.

Isnt it strange not having oily skin? Its so nice I mean even though my skin is dry I can run my hand over my face and its so soft and smooth. =]

Day Nine and Ten

Man oh man , I start back to back on Thursday / Friday and I sure am nervous . I have two massive boily painful and sore type pimples . I am very displeased with it . It hurts and it is a bitch and a half to cover up . I didn't take a pill today , I will tomorrow though .

My friend has been complaining about her acne lately , to which I constantly have to say you don't even understand . She has a few pimples , and while I know that sucks , I WISH i could say that is all I have . Urg . I'm frustrated , I've pretty much just started and I already want to get this over with .

Thanks for the tip! =]

This is day 17 for me and I think my breakout is kind of starting to clear up, but who really knows with accutane right? I dont want to get all excited and then have a massive breakout so im just trying to go with the flow and avoid the mirror haha.

Isnt it strange not having oily skin? Its so nice I mean even though my skin is dry I can run my hand over my face and its so soft and smooth. =]

Day Eleven

My pimples hurt and my lips are dry .

That is all .

Mine too! My lips are starting to crack back. Ouch!

Day Nine and Ten

Man oh man , I start back to back on Thursday / Friday and I sure am nervous . I have two massive boily painful and sore type pimples . I am very displeased with it . It hurts and it is a bitch and a half to cover up . I didn't take a pill today , I will tomorrow though .

My friend has been complaining about her acne lately , to which I constantly have to say you don't even understand . She has a few pimples , and while I know that sucks , I WISH i could say that is all I have . Urg . I'm frustrated , I've pretty much just started and I already want to get this over with .

Thanks for the tip! =]

I know ! No oily skin is a miracle . But that is a problem with accutane . You get excited once and BAM you'll have a whole bunch of pimples . Eep , I guess you will know before me !

Ya, my skin seems to be clearing up, but im not gonna get my hopes up. There always seems to be disaster around the corner. lol

Day Sixteen

Man I'm breaking out like a bitch , everyday three more pop up, my lips are cracking and I just want to squeeze every pimple on my face . I'm so used to squeezing them and seeing them on my face and knowing if I do squeeze they'll scar is a horrible feeling . Yucky . I have grad photos on Thursday and I can only hope that no new pimples pop up Wednesday night . This is such a hassle and I've just started .

Ya, my skin seems to be clearing up, but im not gonna get my hopes up. There always seems to be disaster around the corner. lol

Day Seventeen

Well as if all the new pimples wern't fun , I'm getting a cold now . So not pleased . I have a headache and I don't know if it's my brain 'exploding' cos of the accutane , or cos I'm sick ... arg . Well my lips are so dry and peeled a bit . Yuck . My right side of my face has tons more new pimples then the left , I don't understand that at all . And my blackheads are REALLY noticible . Arg . I wanna get to month 5 too fast already :wall: .

Day Eighteen

Honestly , no new pimples , no new side effects . The cold is killin' me more then the accutane . My lips are still chappin and dry , but people have been saying my skin does look better ... is that possible ?

Day 22

Almost a month , I'm anxious . Some people say the IB goes over the first month and somewhat stops . If this was the IB then I'm slightly dissappointed (in a good way) . I was expecting a shit load of pimples to expel from my skin , cause me to break out everywhere - but no . I constantly get pimples on right cheek , nothing on my left , and a few on my forehead . My back is soft and when I touch anything that was there , a pimple , or a white head , it just kind of gets off my body and leaves . My blackheads are everywhere though . Like I always had them but could never get them out , now they're all very visible and some are actually coming out . Fingers crossed I'm blackhead free sooner then later !

My lips are TERRRRRIBLE . I have to play lip chap every 20 minutes . It's brutal . Theyre cracked , and I lick them , making them worse . Horrid !

My nose is dry , but other then that , nothing is dry .

I have back pain too . Lowerback , and bending over hurts a lot . It hurt to lay down yesterday too .

No other notable side affects though , perhaps I'm a lucky one who won't break out so bad ?

Hey Gwen! Hang in there!! :) Things will get better, so don't give up!

That's so not true :\ IB doesn't happen to anyone. I only broke out with like 2/3 more spots everyday for 8/9 days the first weeks.

Day 27

Almost a whole month ! Words can't describe how excited I am . My pimples are settling down , though 3 appeared on my shoulder where my bra strap rubs . How exciting . My blackheads are all super noticible . Gah . My mom said that my skin color seems to be evening out . My cheeks used to always be super red , and the rest of my face blotchy . I looked in the mirror and it appeared true - my face matches my neck . I think this calls for chamapgne (metaphorically - damn accutane.)

My lips are really dry , so my derm perscribed Prevex HC . It seems to work AMAZING so far , like I put it on , and the dryness is gone . It's my little wonder drug :dance: . Almost four more months to go ...

That's so not true :\ IB doesn't happen to anyone. I only broke out with like 2/3 more spots everyday for 8/9 days the first weeks.

30 Days - ONE MONTH

I'm extremely pleased because today is my one month ! :dance: ! Four more to go ! Three new pimples popped up as a welcoming commitee on my forehead , and one on my neck . Thanks for the presents kids . Extremely dry lips , nothing new otherwise though .

Hey im 16 also and on day 17. The IB is a bitch. I was doing really well and then it began.

Damn.

And the dry lips are a killer.

Well ill keep reading your sarcastic, yet funny log and monitor your progress.

Good Luck