Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shellbellxx

About to be finished with accutane

So I have one more month of accutane. I'm doing rally good with it. My o ly concern is that the hormonal acne will come back. My derm said to see him 2 months after accutane to reevaluate. I just wanna get on it asap because I don't wanna wait until a few months down the road when I start breaking out. I just wanna get on it once I'm done while the accutane results are still lasting.

Good idea?

Comments?

I'm not sure about those drug interactions, but I do know spiro can take about 1-3 months to start working. I also know that after the treatment of accutane, it's still in your system and working for 3 months. After that, it's no longer in your system, and you shouldn't get acne for at least about 2 months after that. That's if your acne does come back. So if you start spiro in 2 months, that is just perfect. You don't need it now. By the way is your acne clear right now?

Ya my acne is totally cleAr right now. The main thig is that I know the oil will come back and spiro would take care of that as well as any hormonal acne that decides to rear it's ugly head. I just basically want to take care of it before it happens rather than wait for it to be a full blown problem like it was beforei got on accutane.

Ya my acne is totally cleAr right now. The main thig is that I know the oil will come back and spiro would take care of that as well as any hormonal acne that decides to rear it's ugly head. I just basically want to take care of it before it happens rather than wait for it to be a full blown problem like it was beforei got on accutane.

I've been in the same spot, so I know exactly what you're saying. I think you can take them at the same time. I say make an appointment for right when you're done with accutane. Tell the doc exactly what you told me. He/she will probably say that it wil still be working for years to come. Then tell him; that's how it goes for some people, but a ot have to go on a second course a few months after the first course. Something like that, and hopefully you get spiro. Good luck, and I'm gad to hear you're clear.