Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madiii

Accutane Works!

Accutane was one of the best decisions ive ever made! Before i went on accutane i had acne but it wasnt that bad but since im a very active person, playing soccer and volleyball with make up on made it a lot worse. i tried not wearing makeup when i was playing sports but it still stayed the same. it was making my self esteem go wayyy down. it came to the point where i never wanted to leave the house without makeup on. pounding the makeup on didnt help my acne at all but i felt like it was the only way i could try to cover it up somewhat. Once it got to the point where i felt like none of the topicals or other acne treatments would help i heard about accutance. i researched it and saw all the side effects that it had and it kinda freaked me out but i was looking for something to finally work. i went on it and the only side effect that i had was dry lips. it wasnt too bad but i was realy expecting the joint pains to be a lot more rough but they were actually pretty normal. im so glad i went on accutane. its a great product and i get compliments about my skin all the time now. if your debating whether you wanna go on accutane or not... just do it! it really works and was a life saver for my skin. still be aware of all the side effects and know what your getting yourself into. its a great product just make sure you take care of yourself! hope this helps out! and hope accutane is as successful for you as it was for me! :)

<3

m

I am so happy for you. I know how acne makes you feel, hopefully, I will get the same result soon. I took today my 13 pill still a long way to go. So far no side effect, however I have the worst acne break out :cry:. So bad that I try the best that I can to stay at home and avoid going out, the only place I do go to is work because I have no other choice. How long were you on accutane?

Accutane was one of the best decisions ive ever made! Before i went on accutane i had acne but it wasnt that bad but since im a very active person, playing soccer and volleyball with make up on made it a lot worse. i tried not wearing makeup when i was playing sports but it still stayed the same. it was making my self esteem go wayyy down. it came to the point where i never wanted to leave the house without makeup on. pounding the makeup on didnt help my acne at all but i felt like it was the only way i could try to cover it up somewhat. Once it got to the point where i felt like none of the topicals or other acne treatments would help i heard about accutance. i researched it and saw all the side effects that it had and it kinda freaked me out but i was looking for something to finally work. i went on it and the only side effect that i had was dry lips. it wasnt too bad but i was realy expecting the joint pains to be a lot more rough but they were actually pretty normal. im so glad i went on accutane. its a great product and i get compliments about my skin all the time now. if your debating whether you wanna go on accutane or not... just do it! it really works and was a life saver for my skin. still be aware of all the side effects and know what your getting yourself into. its a great product just make sure you take care of yourself! hope this helps out! and hope accutane is as successful for you as it was for me! :)

<3

m

im praying to have results like you one day. i plan to start accutane very soon...

I had very similar results. Accutane is amazing. I would highly recommend it. I experienced dry lips as well, but I also experienced joint pain especially during the beginning of accutane. But I thought it was key to continue working out and staying active, the joint pain subsided. I also experienced dry eyes which forced me to not wear contacts for four months and just wear glasses. And I experienced eczema on my arms which was easily solveable through moisturzing my arms.

For anyone who is beginning accutane, I would recommend getting in the habit of always carrying around chapstick. Constantly apply it. Also, moisturize your body after you shower and right before you go to bed. Also, get some moisturizing eye drops and apply those morning and night.

If you can get in those habits, you'll be preemptively dealing with any common side effects that may occur.