Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
assassin.

How To Perfect Your Workout

I workout 6 days a week. On days off, I often split the workout - longer cardio session earlier in the day (which is usually at least 5 mile run), followed by a quick 1 mile sprint for warm-up in the evening then a long circuit training session with mostly free weights. On duty days, I will usually run at least 3 miles (1.5 fast, then intervals 1.5 - 2 min all out sprinting, 2 min fast walk, 2 min sprint, etc). Then I'll focus on one body area (upper, abs, or legs) for a decent workout (approx 1 hr long). I really prefer days off though, I feel much more thorough about it all. I have been lifting with my husband a lot. He's had me doing all kinds of crazy stuff like dead lifts and things I cannot recall the name of but involve big bars and me attempting to throw them over my head. Yep. Imagine, 5'4" 120 lbs tossing around weight that's as heavy as me. It's a painful - in a good way - experience! I alter my schedule depending on what my body is telling me. If I'm tired and weak, take a day off! I've found that rest often increases strength at this point and I do not gain an ounce from a rest day - or even two or three days. It's all about balance and focusing on what you view as your most important goal. ;)

Edited by MilGirl

I workout 6 days a week. On days off, I often split the workout - longer cardio session earlier in the day (which is usually at least 5 mile run), followed by a quick 1 mile sprint for warm-up in the evening then a long circuit training session with mostly free weights. On duty days, I will usually run at least 3 miles (1.5 fast, then intervals 1.5 - 2 min all out sprinting, 2 min fast walk, 2 min sprint, etc). Then I'll focus on one body area (upper, abs, or legs) for a decent workout (approx 1 hr long). I really prefer days off though, I feel much more thorough about it all. I have been lifting with my husband a lot. He's had me doing all kinds of crazy stuff like dead lifts and things I cannot recall the name of but involve big bars and me attempting to throw them over my head. Yep. Imagine, 5'4" 120 lbs tossing around weight that's as heavy as me. It's a painful - in a good way - experience! I alter my schedule depending on what my body is telling me. If I'm tired and weak, take a day off! I've found that rest often increases strength at this point and I do not gain an ounce from a rest day - or even two or three days. It's all about balance and focusing on what you view as your most important goal. ;)

I commend you for your focus and efforts.

Not really an article worth bumping

You'll find much better routines, much more information, and much more efficient ways to bust through plateaus at shitloads of other sites, like bodybuilding.com

Edited by Jërëmÿn

Not really an article worth bumping

You'll find much better routines, much more information, and much more efficient ways to bust through plateaus at shitloads of other sites, like bodybuilding.com

Smartest guy in this thread next to me. That workout up there is for those that don't want to workout but think they did. In the end it is very simple:

1. Break down muscle tissue

2. Build up muscle tissue

^

My workout. 2 steps. Proven daily for thousands of years by the world's best physiques.

I used to do workouts from 17 and actually got some results. The ab workout I was using from them worked better than the ab work we were doing in cross-country (running). This was 1999, so I don't remember any specifics.

Edited by Addie

I used to do workouts from 17 and actually got some results. The ab workout I was using from them worked better than the ab work we were doing in cross-country (running). This was 1999, so I don't remember any specifics.

Interesting.

There are some good workout ideas from Men's and Women's Health Magazines. I don't use their whole workouts, but I do "steal" ideas from them and modify to fit my needs. Handy for when you get bored with all the stuff you already do and need to switch it up to keep the muscle confusion going. They also have the abs diet recipes for free. Most that we have tried have been easy to make and very tasty (even the 6 yr old eats them), with the exception of the sea bass. Wasn't impressed on that one... but my rottweiler was.

There are some good workout ideas from Men's and Women's Health Magazines. I don't use their whole workouts, but I do "steal" ideas from them and modify to fit my needs. Handy for when you get bored with all the stuff you already do and need to switch it up to keep the muscle confusion going. They also have the abs diet recipes for free. Most that we have tried have been easy to make and very tasty (even the 6 yr old eats them), with the exception of the sea bass. Wasn't impressed on that one... but my rottweiler was.

Yeah, I just train each bodypart one time a week; the exercises for each bodypart I keep the same for like a month or two and then I change it all up.

That is the worst workout routine of all time LOL. It should be called "How To Ruin Your Workout".

What's so bad about it?

Whoever designed it actually believes you are building muscle at that gym.

^^^ Trollin' :|

Yeah that would be you. I actually have pictures of myself. You have a pacman video game picture. You = Troll. Me = Truth.

OWNED

Yeah that would be you. I actually have pictures of myself. You have a pacman video game picture. You = Troll. Me = Truth.

OWNED

I wasn't meaning you/talking to you :rolleyes: I was meaning assassin. Since these same type of threads keeping popping up by him. So just because I don't have a picture, I'm a troll? lol. Then alot of people on here are 'trolls'. Why are you even picking a fight? You weren't even the poster above me. :shrug::|

Edited by Vampireninja09

OWNED

I wasn't meaning you/talking to you :rolleyes: I was meaning assassin. Since these same type of threads keeping popping up by him. So just because I don't have a picture, I'm a troll? lol. Then alot of people on here are 'trolls'. Why are you even picking a fight? You weren't even the poster above me. :shrug::|

My bad. Replied to the wrong person LOL. :)